Today’s the day you stop doing everything the hard way.
Because creativity doesn’t have to suck. And building the life and business of your dreams shouldn’t leave you exhausted, defeated, and dead inside. Not on my watch!
So… what’s the alternative?
In today’s MarieTV, Mel Robbins — bestselling author, life coach, and former CNN correspondent — breaks down cutting-edge science into a daily success habit so simple you’ll hardly believe it works… but it does. This could be the intervention you need to build confidence, get clarity on your dreams, and silence your inner critic for good.
Mel Robbins provoked and delighted over 26 million viewers with her TEDx talk, “How To Stop Screwing Yourself Over,” and later broke self-publishing records with the release of The 5 Second Rule. Now she’s at it again with her latest New York Times bestselling book, The High 5 Habit, that’ll help you take control of your life with one simple habit.
I’m such a neat freak I almost didn’t try this strange morning ritual, but I’m SO glad I did. You’ll hear that story in today’s MarieTV, along with brand-spanking-new brain research that didn’t even make it in the book.
You’ll also discover:
- The aha moment that changed Mel’s life forever.
- What “neurobics” are and why you need them in your daily routine.
- The science behind Mel’s weird little success ritual.
- How to silence your relentless inner critic.
- The right — and wrong — ways to manifest your dreams.
- How to unlock the positive programming that’s already in your mind.
- What the NBA knows about championships and fist bumps.
- How to overcome resistance using the Zeigarnik effect.
- One question you should ask yourself to create positive momentum every morning.
If you ever struggle with self-doubt, criticism, or feeling like an outsider, this episode will help you rebuild trust with the most important person in your life — you.
DIVE DEEPER: Stop doing things the hard way! Learn how to overcome resistance with Steven Pressfield and get some Manifesting 101 with Gabby Bernstein.
Now that you’ve heard all about the high 5 habit, guess what time it is? That’s right — time to actually DO IT! You were about ready for a bathroom break anyway.
Today’s insight-to-action challenge is simple. It might feel weird or uncomfortable, but growth usually does. Find a mirror, look at yourself lovingly, and give yourself a high-freaking-five because you’re here and you’re doing great! Look at that person in the mirror who tries SO hard, and ask them: “What do you need from me today?”
Then share your high five habit experience in a comment below:
- What did it feel like to give yourself a high five? Did you laugh? Cry? Both?
- Did you ask yourself that question and feel, intuit, or receive an answer?
- What support do you need from yourself?
Great work! Now make sure you follow through and give yourself the love and encouragement you need. Because as Mel Robbins said:
“If you really want to be fulfilled and happy, start by improving the most important relationship that you have. And it’s with the human being you spend your entire life with. The one who’s staring back at you every morning in the mirror.”
You’re worth it.