July 4th is a federal holiday in the United States, as its Independence Day in the USA. The celebration of the USA’s Independence Day exists since 1941. But the tradition of celebrating Independence Day goes back to the 18th century during the American Revolution.
On July 2nd, 1776, the Continental Congress elected for independence in the USA. Two days later, 13 colonies accepted the Declaration of Independence. The document of independence in the USA was drafted by Thomas Jefferson. Ever since July 4th is commemorated as the birth of American independence.
It is a day that people celebrate with festivities, parades, concerts, and fireworks. Many American citizens also commemorate the day through family gatherings and barbecues.
The History of Independence Day USA
In April 1775, the initial battles in the Revolutionary War broke out. Few colonists were looking to bring complete independence from Great Britain. Those colonists were considered radical. In the following year, in July, many more colonists supported the idea of independence.
As a result, antagonism started growing against Britain. Richard Henry Lee, the Virginia delegate, introduced his emotion, asking for the colonies’ independence.
It took many heated debates, and as a result, Congress postponed the vote on Lee’s resolution. But they also appointed a committee of five men. The group had:
- John Adams from Massachusetts
- Benjamin Franklin from Pennsylvania
- Thomas Jefferson from Virginia
- Roger Sherman from Connecticut
- Robert R. Livingston from New York
All those five people were responsible for drafting a formal statement justifying the impoverishment of Great Britain.
On July 2nd, the Continental Congress favored Lee’s resolution for independence. In a letter to his wife Abigail, John Adams has written that July 2nd will be celebrated by succeeding generations as a great anniversary festival. He also expressed his wish that the celebration must include games, guns, sports, foods, pomp, and a parade.
On July 4th, the Continental Congress approved the Declaration of Independence. Jefferson has primarily contributed to the formation of the declaration. The vote for actual independence took place on July 2nd, but the celebration of Independence Day USA became July 4th. Since then, entire America celebrates its birthday on July 4th.
Famous Quotes on USA Independence Day July 4th
“We hold our heads high, despite the price we have paid, because freedom is priceless.” — Lech Walesa
“I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him.” — Abraham Lincoln
“Where liberty dwells, there is my country.” — Benjamin Franklin
“America is a tune. It must be sung together.” — Gerald Stanley Lee
“My favourite thing about the United States? Lots of Americans, one America.” — Val Saintsburt
“America means opportunity, freedom, power.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
“In the face of impossible odds, people who love their country can change it.” — Barack Obama
“The United States is the only country with a known birthday.” — James G. Blaine
“Ask not what your country can do for you ask what you can do for your country.” — John F. Kennedy
“It will be celebrated with pomp and parade, bonfires and illuminations from one end of this continent to the other.” — John Adams
Independence Day USA Best Wishes & Sayings
I feel so proud to be a part of the most wonderful country in the world, have a Happy 4th of July.
Happy 4th of July, We wish you a joyful and safe celebration of this remarkable day in our nation’s history.
Today is a day to feel proud about being a part of this great nation, Happy 4th of July.
Today I breathe the air of freedom because of the efforts of our great freedom fighters, Happy 4th of July.
Celebrate the power of pride, courage and faith, that we all share. Let us all salute the spirit of America, Happy 4th of July.
USA Independence Day Messages & Slogans
- “Know the value of freedom, and this is not something obtained at once.”
- “Commit your life to the country; it is the best Independence Day commemoration.”
- “Make this Fourth of July memorable by counting your blessings and truly appreciating your freedom.”
- “I’m proud to be an American, where at least I know I’m free.”
- “Independence was achieved at a considerable price; we can’t disregard our freedom fighters’ sacrifice.”
- “Independence, a precious gift from God. May we always remain independent. Wishing you a safe and happy Independence Day.”
- “This Independence Day, let’s take a pledge to protect the peace and unity of our great nation. Happy Independence Day.”
- “We are varied by religion, but united by the Nation.”
- “On this special day, let’s make a promise to lead our nation on a path of prosperity & peace.”
- “May this Independence Day bring harmony between all the communities and unite us as a nation. Happy Independence Day.”
USA Independence Day 4th July Images & Pics
Celebration of a country’s independence is a big festival. On July 4th America celebrates its Independence Day for two reasons:
- It is a day that signifies an official dissolving of ties between 13 colonies and the rule of Great Britain.
- It also means the core beliefs of America and gives its people the identity as a citizen of the USA.
The Independence Day of the USA holds a powerful space in world history. Sometimes for the people of America, the concept of being a citizen of the United States of America may seem unclear.
But many citizens are passionate about their country. Some people even accept patriotism to be in their blood. Many people consider the entire country to be their home. In the current climate of globalization, it is easy to believe many alternative homes for a citizen. But one must be rooted in their homeland.
Celebrating Independence Day of the USA reflects the love and loyalty of the country’s people to their homeland. Every citizen’s responsibility is to protect their country against evils. We all must remove corruption, money laundering, and the lack of democracy. By celebrating Independence Day USA, the people of America show that they can stand up and defend every challenge coming to their country. It is a celebration of pride and joy.
July 4th Quotes To Help You Celebrate The Birthday Of The USA:
You can send personalized Independence Day USA 4th July Messages and Quotes to your friends, relatives, and acquaintances on July 4th. It is an excellent way to show your respect and love for one another’s country.