What you will learn from this article:-
- Bitterness of bad memories.
- Why we should forget bad memories.
- How any event enters in our brain.
- which events are frozened in our minds as memories.
- how we can get rid of bad, painful memories.
- TV technique.
- The effects of the technique.
Memories can never be forgotten! Many of you may put your mind to this question. I strongly believe that you can easily get rid of the bitterness of bad memories if you want.
Every time something is happening in our life either good or bad as per our representation to our brain. The events of our lives, from childhood to adulthood, would be skyscraper if sorted out. How many of these either we can remember or take place in the mind! As a percentage it is very low.
By the way, if I ask where is the presence or existence of any event that was happened in your life, does it have any real existence somewhere in this universe? No, it has no real existence, it exists only in our brain. Once when a person hurt you, you may feel that pain again and again in your mind or you will carry it lifelong. The specific person had hurt you once, then why are you getting wound again and again by carrying that memory?
Let’s know how any events enter our brains:- There are basically three ways by which our brains receive what is happening outside.
- Number One:- By the visual sense, a certain form of what we see enters our brain and takes place as a memory in the form of pictures or videos.
- Number Two:- By the auditory sense, everything we hear, that is, the sound of any event, the music, the conversation, the sound of a car or some loud noise they enter our minds through the ears and take place in memories.
- Number Three:- By feelings, through our largest sense organ skin, our body’s different kinds of sensations always enter in to the brain. Along with that also other two senses that work are the smell and the test. I did not mention these two separately. Because the science of Neuro Linguistic Programming combines test, smells and feelings as kinesthetic sense.
For example, if you unknowingly catch fire, it will remain as your memory, just as a certain odor sticks to our noses. Sometimes when we hear the name of some food, water roll down through our tongue.
Let us now know which events are frozen in our minds as memories:- The better the picture or video you make in your mind, the more colorful it will be, the better picture quality will be and the better sound quality will be, means depending on the sharpness or sweetness of audio. The freezing of memory depends more on your feelings, the intensity of the feelings makes the memory come alive.
The events that you are witnessed and you were associated with are tied up in memory. Bad memories involve a lot of emotion so it becomes so vivid.
We enjoyed so many movies, most of those we forgot or we remember a special scene because the video, dialogues or script of the part that our feelings are involved with it, we can relate those to our life.
Repeatedly thinking about old memories creates neural pathways in our brain and these neural pathways become so strong that they automatically come in front of us when we are subject to something else or when we are alone. Some memories have trigger points, such as seeing a certain person or going to a certain place, or a certain smell or sound strangely awakens the memory. That means the person or the place or the smell or the sound is the trigger of a perticular memory.
Although it is very technical, I will tell you the application of a technique called TV technique. And I am very firmly claiming that there is no easier and better method than this which can work very fast.
What will happen if you do this technique:- First, imagining TV and glass wall you will become disassociate from the event. Then the picture comes to colour less, blurry and a still photo instead of movie, disturbing volume will disappear. Gradually it is washed out by rain then totally destroyed by hitting the sun and the event become powerless.
There is words “memories are sweet”. Feel the sweetness of the memory, why are you embarrassing yourself by picking up unnecessarily past painful, bad memories! Remember and feel the good memories over and over again then life will become really beautiful. live the life with glory not regret