These quotes to calm uncertainty will help you embrace the unknown side of life.
Dealing with uncertainty can lead to stress, anxiety, and panic. This collection of quotes about navigating uncertainty will help you feel more confident and capable in any situation. In the face of uncertainty, it is important to maintain leadership and poise.
How do you deal with uncertainty?
Read these uncertainty quotes to help you stay calm in moments of crisis. Life is full of uncertainty, so it is important to always be alert and prepared for anything.
This collection of wise words will provide you with helpful tips and tricks for navigating uncertainty. If you are ever feeling overwhelmed and afraid for what the future holds, just take a deep breath and remember to stay calm.
These uncertainty quotes about relationships, opportunities, and uncertain love will give you a fresh perspective on life.
Don’t forget to also check out these search quotes to help you find happiness.
Uncertainty quotes about relationships and opportunities
1. “Human spirit is the ability to face the uncertainty of the future with curiosity and optimism. It is the belief that problems can be solved, differences resolved. It is a type of confidence. And it is fragile. It can be blackened by fear and superstition.” – Bernard Beckett
2. “Information is the resolution of uncertainty.” – Claude Shannon
3. “If you aren’t in the moment, you are either looking forward to uncertainty or back to pain and regret.” – Jim Carrey
4. “Fear is often our immediate response to uncertainty. There’s nothing wrong with experiencing fear. The key is not to get stuck in it.” – Gabrielle Bernstein
5. “I spent a lot of years trying to outrun or outsmart vulnerability by making things certain and definite, black and white, good and bad. My inability to lean into the discomfort of vulnerability limited the fullness of those important experiences that are wrought with uncertainty: Love, belonging, trust, joy, and creativity to name a few.” – Brene Brown
6. “Uncertainty always creates doubt, and doubt creates fear.” – Oscar Munoz
7. “The only thing that makes life possible is permanent, intolerable uncertainty; not knowing what comes next.” – Ursula K. Le Guin
8. “I used to be scared of uncertainty; now I get a high out of it.” – Jensen Ackles
9. “Uncertainty is a sign of humility, and humility is just the ability or the willingness to learn.” – Charlie Sheen
10. “Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty.” – Jacob Bronowski
Uncertainty quotes to help you appreciate the unknown aspects of life
11. “Uncertainty is the refuge of hope.” – Henri Frederic Amiel
12. “Change is always tough. Even for those who see themselves as agents of change, the process of starting a new thing can cause times of disorientation, uncertainty and insecurity.” – Joyce Meyer
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of insecurity quotes to help you gain confidence.
13. “Medicine is a science of uncertainty and an art of probability.” – William Osler
14. “We are biological creatures. We are born, we live, we die. There is no transcendent purpose to existence. At best we are creatures of reason, and by using reason we can cure ourselves of emotional excess. Purged of both hope and fear, we find courage in the face of helplessness, insignificance and uncertainty.” – Jonathan Sacks
15. “We sail within a vast sphere, ever drifting in uncertainty, driven from end to end.” – Blaise Pascal
16. “Exploring the unknown requires tolerating uncertainty.” – Brian Greene
17. “Accepting that the world is full of uncertainty and ambiguity does not and should not stop people from being pretty sure about a lot of things.” – Julian Baggini
18. “It is in the admission of ignorance and the admission of uncertainty that there is a hope for the continuous motion of human beings in some direction that doesn’t get confined, permanently blocked, as it has so many times before in various periods in the history of man.” – Richard P. Feynman
19. “Uncertainty and expectation are the joys of life. Security is an insipid thing.” – William Congreve
20. “Entrepreneurs are great at dealing with uncertainty and also very good at minimizing risk. That’s the classic great entrepreneur.” – Mohnish Pabrai
Uncertainty quotes to calm you in times of crisis
21. “There is no such uncertainty as a sure thing.” – Robert Burns
22. “There’s an interesting trend that occurs in times of mounting pressure and high uncertainty, which is that it’s a natural human tendency to seek out people that agree with us, that are similar to us because it’s a source of comfort in a world that’s so rapidly changing.” – John Hagel III
23. “Uncertainty! fell demon of our fears! The human soul that can support despair supports not thee.” – David Mallet
24. “Truth is confirmed by inspection and delay; falsehood by haste and uncertainty.” – Tacitus
25. “Uncertainty is a permanent part of the leadership landscape. It never goes away.” – Andy Stanley
26. “We must become more comfortable with probability and uncertainty.” – Nate Silver
27. “Although our intellect always longs for clarity and certainty, our nature often finds uncertainty fascinating.” – Carl von Clausewitz
28. “Faith means living with uncertainty – feeling your way through life, letting your heart guide you like a lantern in the dark.” – Dan Millman
29. “I have no time for specialized concerns, working themes or variations that lead to mastery… I like the indefinite, the boundless; I like continual uncertainty. Other qualities may be more conducive to achievement, publicity, success; but they are all outworn – as outworn as ideologies, opinions, concepts and names for things.” – Gerhard Richter
30. “For all of its uncertainty, we cannot flee the future.” – Barbara Jordan
Uncertainty quotes to give you a fresh perspective on life
31. “Uncertainty is not an indication of poor leadership; it underscores the need for leadership.” – Andy Stanley
32. “I have devoted my life to uncertainty. Certainty is the death of wisdom, thought, creativity.” – Shekhar Kapur
33. “I think that when we know that we actually do live in uncertainty, then we ought to admit it; it is of great value to realize that we do not know the answers to different questions. This attitude of mind – this attitude of uncertainty – is vital to the scientist, and it is this attitude of mind which the student must first acquire.” – Richard P. Feynman
34. “A truth which comes to us from outside always bears the stamp of uncertainty. We can believe only what appears to each one of us in our own hearts as truth.” – Rudolf Steiner
35. “Uncertainty is a very good thing: it’s the beginning of an investigation, and the investigation should never end.” – Tim Crouch
36. “The mark of a mature, psychologically healthy mind is indeed the ability to live with uncertainty and ambiguity, but only as much as there really is. Uncertainty is no virtue when the facts are clear, and ambiguity is mere obfuscation when more precise terms are applicable.” – Julian Baggini
37. “Major organizational changes create uncertainty.” – Irene Rosenfeld
38. “Without the element of uncertainty, the bringing off of even, the greatest business triumph would be dull, routine, and eminently unsatisfying.” – J. Paul Getty
39. “Uncertainty will always be part of the taking charge process.” – Harold S. Geneen
40. “We necessarily operate in an environment in which there’s a great deal of uncertainty. In such an environment, it makes sense to use a risk-management approach to identify and avoid the big mistakes. That’s one reason I favor a cautious approach.” – Janet Yellen
Uncertainty quotes that will make your day
41. “Certainty is the mother of quiet and repose, and uncertainty the cause of variance and contentions.” – Edward Coke
42. “Fear comes from uncertainty. When we are absolutely certain, whether of our worth or worthlessness, we are almost impervious to fear.” – William Congreve
43. “If there’s one thing that’s certain in business, it’s uncertainty.” – Stephen Covey
44. “The quest for certainty blocks the search for meaning. Uncertainty is the very condition to impel man to unfold his powers.” – Erich Fromm
45. “Vulnerability is basically uncertainty, risk, and emotional exposure.” – Brene Brown
46. “Life is full of change and uncertainty. We know this. We experience it on a daily basis.” – Carre Otis
47. “Hope is in some respects a thing more brilliant, more vivifying, than fruition. What we have looked forward to with eager and earnest aspiration is never in all respects equal to the picture we had formed of it. The very uncertainty enhances the enjoyment.” – William Godwin
48. “Uncertainty is the worst of all evils until the moment when reality makes us regret uncertainty.” – Alphonse Karr
49. “People who are great at making decisions in the face of uncertainty have great judgment.” – Andy Dunn
50. “If you’re speaking of love, you really must include the element of uncertainty – and perhaps it’s best approached as the art of constant maintenance.” – Twyla Tharp
More uncertainty quotes and sayings
51. “We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!” – Douglas Adams
52. “The mistake is thinking that there can be an antidote to the uncertainty.” – David Levithan
53. “Everything tells me you care for me. And yet never a sign from you.” – André Aciman
54. “When the uncertain future becomes the past, the past in turn becomes uncertain.” – Mohsin Hamid
55. “Regardless of your faith, you can never escape uncertainty.” – Shannon L. Alder
57. “Uncertainty is part of the tapestry of life.” – Emiljano Citaku
58. “A person can always be sure of what they don’t know. They might not be sure of what they know.” – Tom Rob Smith
59. “When you embrace the uncertain, life opens up unusual new paths. Seeds sowed way back bloom as flowers, in ways one can never fathom.” – Subroto Bagchi
60. “To try is to invite uncertainty. Where confidence goes, success usually follows.” – Wayne Gerard Trotman
Insightful uncertainty quotes to ponder on
61. “Maturity, one discovers, has everything to do with the acceptance of ‘not knowing.” ― Mark Z. Danielewski
62. “Let go of certainty. The opposite isn’t uncertainty. It’s openness, curiosity and a willingness to embrace paradox, rather than choose up sides. The ultimate challenge is to accept ourselves exactly as we are, but never stop trying to learn and grow.” ― Tony Schwartz
63. “Life isn’t meant to be lived perfectly…but merely to be LIVED. Boldly, wildly, beautifully, uncertainly, imperfectly, magically LIVED.” ― Mandy Hale
64. “Although our intellect always longs for clarity and certainty, our nature often finds uncertainty fascinating.” ― Karl Von Clausewitz
65. “But nothing is solid and permanent. Our lives are raised on the shakiest foundations. You don’t need to read history books to know that. You only have to know the history of your own life.” ― Ron Rash
66. “So what do we do? Anything. Something. So long as we just don’t sit there. If we screw it up, start over. Try something else. If we wait until we’ve satisfied all the uncertainties, it may be too late.” ― Lee Lacocca
67. “Nobody knows how things will turn out, that’s why they go ahead and play the game…You give it your all and sometimes amazing things happen, but it’s hardly ever what you expect.” ― Gennifer Choldenko
68. “Beyond all sciences, philosophies, theologies, and histories, a child’s relentless inquiry is truly all it takes to remind us that we don’t know as much as we think we know.” ― Criss Jami
69. “The very foundation of science is to keep the door open to doubt.” ― Carlo Rovelli
70. “The power of the lawyer is in the uncertainty of the law.” ― Jeremy Bentham
The future is unpredictable, which can seem scary and overwhelming to many people. These embrace uncertainty quotes will help you appreciate the unknown aspects of life.
Are you curious about the future of your relationship, career, or personal goals? These quotes about navigating uncertainty are proof that we are in control of our own destinies.
Leadership in times of uncertainty is the secret to success. If you are an ambitious person with big dreams, you will benefit from reading these uncertainty quotes.
When you learn how to handle stressful situations and unknown circumstances, you will be able to achieve anything. In the face of uncertainty, you must act boldly and be courageous. Share these motivational quotes with your friends and family to comfort them in the face of uncertainty.
What are your favorite embrace uncertainty quotes about relationships and success? Let us know in the comment section below.