School isn’t easy for everyone, but it’s a necessary part of our youth. If you’re in search of something to propel your academic drive, these powerful school quotes will clearly show you the significance of a good education.
You may not be excited about going to school or having to learn new things, but doing so will not only change you but can help you change the world. The powerful school quotes on education below will show you why education and knowledge is so important.
From helping you to grow as a person, to helping you change the world, knowledge really is power. (How’s that for a senior year quote idea?) And, learning doesn’t have to be boring. There are ways that you can make it exciting and study things that you’re passionate about. And, since education isn’t just for those that are still in school, these learning quotes will help motivate you to continue gaining knowledge.
School quotes on how educationchanges the world
1. “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” — Nelson Mandela
2. “Education is for improving the lives of others and for leaving your community and world better than you found it.” — Marian Wright Edelman
3. “Democracy cannot succeed unless those who express their choice are prepared to choose wisely. The real safeguard of democracy, therefore, is education.” — Franklin D. Roosevelt
4. “The main hope of a nation lies in the proper education of its youth.” ― Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus
5. “With guns, you can kill terrorists, with education you can kill terrorism.” ― Malala Yousafzai
6. “A good education is a foundation for a better future.” – Elizabeth Warren
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of Elizabeth Warren quotes on capitalism, politics, and more.
7. “Change is the end result of all true learning.” – Leo Buscaglia
8. “Education is a better safeguard of liberty than a standing army.” – Edward Everett
Educationshould be exciting school quotes
9. “I believe that education is all about being excited about something. Seeing passion and enthusiasm helps push an educational message.” — Steve Irwin
10. “Do not train children to learn by force and harshness, but direct them to it by what amuses their minds, so that you may be better able to discover with accuracy the peculiar bent of the genius of each.” — Plato
You might also like these Maria Montessori quotes from the woman that changed education.
Educationchanges your future
11. “Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.” — Maimonides
12. “The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet.” — Aristotle
13. “The goal of education is not to increase the amount of knowledge but to create the possibilities for a child to invent and discover, to create men who are capable of doing new things.” — Jean Piaget
14. “It is, in fact, a part of the function of education to help us escape, not from our own time – for we are bound by that – but from the intellectual and emotional limitations of our time.” — T.S. Eliot
15. “Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.” — Malcolm X
16. “I am indebted to my father for living, but to my teacher for living well.” – Alexander the Great
Also, check out our list of first day of school quotes and these motivational math quotes.
Schoolquotes on why you should keep learning
17. “You can teach a student a lesson for a day; but if you can teach him to learn by creating curiosity, he will continue the learning process as long as he lives.” — Clay P. Bedford
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of curiosity quotes that will inspire you to learn more about the world around you.
18. “Travel, in the younger sort, is a part of education; in the elder, a part of experience.” — Francis Bacon
19. “Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.” — Henry Ford
20. “Many highly intelligent people are poor thinkers. Many people of average intelligence are skilled thinkers. The power of the car is separate from the way the car is driven.” — Edward De Bono
21. “There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning.” — Jiddu Krishnamurti
22. “The best students come from homes where education is revered: where there are books, and children see their parents reading them.” — Leo Buscaglia
23. “Learning is like rowing upstream: not to advance is to drop back.” – Chinese proverb
24. “Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence.” – Abigail Adams
25. “Education is a continual process, it’s like a bicycle… If you don’t pedal you don’t go forward.” – George Weah
26. “You are always a student, never a master. You have to keep moving forward.” – Conrad Hall
If you’re enjoying this article, you might also like our collection of quotes for kids about school, life, and success.
School quotes on how learning improves your life
27. “Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life. Remember that fear always lurks behind perfectionism.” — David M. Burns
28. “Education is the best friend. An educated person is respected everywhere. Education beats the beauty and the youth.” — Chanakya
29. “Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.” ― Jim Rohn
30. “Knowledge will bring you the opportunity to make a difference.” ― Claire Fagin
31. “Wisdom…. comes not from age, but from education and learning.” ― Anton Chekhov
32. “The difference between school and life? In school, you’re taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you’re given a test that teaches you a lesson.” — Tom Bodett
Don’t forget to also read these inspirational college quotes.
School quotes on why students should be involved in learning
33. “Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand.” — Chinese proverb
34. “The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education.” — Martin Luther King, Jr.
35. “Learning is not the product of teaching. Learning is the product of the activity of learners.” – John Holt
36. “Take the attitude of a student, never be too big to ask questions, never know too much to learn something new.” – Og Mandino
Schoolquotes on why knowledge is the goal
37. “The only person who is educated is the one who has learned how to learn… and change.” — Carl Rogers
38. “If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.” — Ben Franklin
39. “A person who won’t read has no advantage over one who can’t read.” — Mark Twain
40. “Knowledge is power. Information is liberating. Education is the premise of progress, in every society, in every family.” — Kofi Annan
41. “Upon the subject of education … I can only say that I view it as the most important subject which we as a people may be engaged in.” – Abraham Lincoln
You might also like these motivational knowledge quotes for those who love learning.
42. “If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.” — Andy McIntyre
43. “Learning starts with failure; the first failure is the beginning of education.” – John Hersey
44. “Every artist was at first an amateur.” – Ralph W. Emerson
45. “The more I live, the more I learn. The more I learn, the more I realize, the less I know.” ― Michel Legrand
46. “Only the educated are free.” ― Epictetus
47. “Learning is the beginning of wealth. Learning is the beginning of health. Learning is the beginning of spirituality. Searching and learning are where the miracle process all begins.” — Jim Rohn
48. “You’re never too old to start learning, and you’re never too young to aim high and achieve great things.” — Asa Hutchinson
Don’t forget to also check out these education quotes on the power of learning.
More school quotes on learning
49. “Develop a passion for learning. If you do, you will never cease to grow.” — Anthony J. D’Angelo
50. “To me education is a leading out of what is already there in the pupil’s soul.” ― Muriel Spark
51. “You have to stay in school. You have to. You have to go to college. You have to get your degree. Because that’s the one thing people can’t take away from you is your education. And it is worth the investment.” – Michelle Obama
52. “Education is not just about going to school and getting a degree. It’s about widening your knowledge and absorbing the truth about life.” – Shakuntala Devi
53. “You must get an education. You must go to school, and you must learn to protect yourself. And you must learn to protect yourself with the pen, and not the gun.” – Josephine Baker
54. “Every day in your life is a day in school,” Father Stephen said. “One takes many things from a school but one attends primarily, in order to learn.” – William Edmund Barrett
You might also like these graduation quotes on success, dreams and your future.
55. “School is just the place where you learn the rules of the system. Your life is where you get your education.” – Trevor Noah
56. “The highest purpose of education is to unlearn what we once took for granted, to replace certainty with subtlety, prejudice with compassion and destiny with possibility.” – Neel Burton
57. “Make your education valuable. Apply what you learned. Refuse to take the back seat and watch things happen. Join the change and be part of the change.” – Israelmore Ayivor
58. “Education must not simply teach work – it much teach life.” – W.E.B. Du Bois
59. “Education is not a product but a relationship and a process; a relationship between student and lecturer, and a process by which knowledge transforms the individual.” – Kenan Malik
60. “We’re all born with curiosity, but at some point, school usually manages to knock that out of us.” – Max Tegmark
Don’t forget to also read these wonderful preschool quotes and sayings for kids and kids at heart.
More insightful school quotes to empower you
61. “The most important day of a person’s education is the first day of school, not Graduation Day.” – Harry Wong
62. “I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught.” – Winston Churchill
63. “In school, one learns to ask stupid questions of life.” – Marty Rubin
64. “Education is the key to unlocking the world, a passport to freedom.” – Oprah Winfrey
65. “The road to freedom –here and everywhere on earth-– begins in the classroom.” – Hubert Humphrey
66. “School is a building which has four walls with tomorrow inside.” – Lon Watters
67. “Intelligence plus character that is the goal of true education.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
68. “Let us remember: One book, one pen, one child and one teacher can change the world.” – Malala Yousafzai
69. “All children start their school careers with sparkling imaginations, fertile minds, and a willingness to take risks with what they think.” – Ken Robinson
70. “He who opens a school door, closes a prison.” – Victor Hugo
Which of these school quotes helped you find the motivation to learn?
Learning isn’t boring and it’s not something that should only take place within the four walls of a classroom. Knowledge is power and when you embrace that fact, you’re able to transform your life. Learning helps you to improve your own life and help others as well.
Life long learning is the key to happiness and growth. The process should be exciting and something that you look forward to. But if you struggle with finding the motivation that you need to continue learning or to look forward to it, hopefully, the quotes above can help you out. And, remember, you’re never too old or too young to learn.
Which of these school quotes resonated with you best? Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.