This happy new year quotes collection will help you embrace and celebrate 2022.
Each New Year’s Eve brings with it great reason to celebrate the coming year ahead. While some people don’t celebrate Christmas, everyone celebrates a new year regardless of where they may be.
The start of a new year is a great time to celebrate the accomplishments we made in the previous year and to look forward to achieving more in the coming year. It’s a time to reflect and give thanks for the past year, celebrate small victories, make decisions to change, and embark on new beginnings and fresh starts.
For many people, a new year presents the opportunity to start afresh, to make resolutions and to set new goals. If you’re an alcoholic or smoker, for instance, you could resolve to ditch the habits for good. Similarly, those who enjoy eating unhealthy foods could resolve to embrace a healthier diet.
As the new year is a symbol of the renewal of life and the birth of new hope, it’s the perfect opportunity for some inspiration and motivation. In that respect, below are inspirational, wise, and uplifting happy new year quotes, happy new year messages and happy new year wishes, collected from various sources over the years.
Also check out these motivational January quotes that will elevate your new year.
Happy New Year Quotes That Celebrate 2022
1. ”Let go of yesterday. Let today be a new beginning and be the best that you can, and you’ll get to where God wants you to be.” – Joel Osteen
2. ”For last year’s words belong to last year’s language and next year’s words await another voice. And to make an end is to make a beginning.” – T.S. Eliot
3. ”We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year’s Day.” – Edith Lovejoy Pierce
4. ”And now let us welcome the New Year, full of things that never were.” —Rainer Maria Rilke
5. “The beginning is always today.” —Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley
6. “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” —George Eliot
7. “Let’s forget the baggages of the past and make a new beginning.” – Shehbaz Sharif
8. “The beginning is the most important part of the work.” – Plato
9. “No, this is not the beginning of a new chapter in my life; this is the beginning of a new book! That first book is already closed, ended, and tossed into the seas; this new book is newly opened, has just begun! Look, it is the first page! And it is a beautiful one!” – C. JoyBell C.
10. “New Year’s Day is every man’s birthday.” – Charles Lamb
New years Eve quotes that help us reflect on 2021
11. “The New Year symbolizes the ending of one year and the beginning of yet another. We celebrate this event, yet it is only a moment in time, like any other day. But it is also considered a time when new beginnings can happen.” – Catherine Pulsifer
12. “As this New Year approaches find inspiration around you, and motivation within you, to be all that you can be.” – Kate Summers
13. “Each year’s regrets are envelopes in which messages of hope are found for the New Year.”- John R. Dallas Jr.
14. “Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right.” – Oprah Winfrey
15. “This cannot be the year of talking. Of wishing. Of wanting. This has to be the year, you get it done!” – Eric Thomas
17. “New Year’s Day. A fresh start. A new chapter in life waiting to be written. New questions to be asked, embraced, and loved. Answers to be discovered and then lived in this transformative year of delight and self-discovery. Today carve out a quiet interlude for yourself in which to dream, pen in hand. Only dreams give birth to change.”- Sarah Ban Breathnach
18. “And now we welcome the new year. Full of things that have never been.”- Rainer Maria Rilke
19. “This is a new year. A new beginning. And things will change.” ― Taylor Swift
20. “The new year stands before us, like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written. We can help write that story by setting goals.” – Melody Beattie
You might also like these February quotes and sayings that will spring you out of winter.
Happy new Year Quotes to honor another year of life
21. “Whether we want them or not, the New Year will bring new challenges; whether we seize them or not, the New Year will bring new opportunities.” – Michael Josephson
22. “A new year brings not only happiness, it makes us happy with a hope to fulfill our dreams or a new beginning of our life. So, a new year is very special to everyone.” – Santonu Kumar Dhar
23. “The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul.” — G.K. Chesterton
24. “I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes. Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You’re doing things you’ve never done before, and more importantly, you’re doing something.” – Neil Gaiman
25. “New Year’s Day is every man’s birthday.” – Charles Lamb
26. “Drop the last year into the silent limbo of the past. Let it go, for it was imperfect, and thank God that it can go.” – Brooks Atkinson
27. ”It’s New Year’s Day Hurray! Hurray! The old year’s past and gone away. We’ll raise our glasses and make a toast, because this Now and this Present is what means the most.” – Sharon Gardner
28. ”The Old Year has gone. Let the dead past bury its own dead. The New Year has taken possession of the clock of time. All hail the duties and possibilities of the coming twelve months!” – Edward Payson Powell
29. ”This bright new year is given me to live each day with zest, to daily grow and try to be my highest and my best!” – William Arthur Ward
30. ”A brand new year could be considered the seed, and your goals could be the buds, but taking action and achieving your dreams, well, that is the flower. May the New Year be your seed and may you have lots of flowers to inspire you!” – Kate Summers
Happy new year quotes to embrace and celebrate 2021
31. ”Celebrate what you want to see more of.” – Tom Peters
32. ”It doesn’t matter where you came from. All that matters is where you are going.”- Brian Tracy
33. “The merry year is born like the bright berry from the naked thorn.” – Hartley Coleridge
34. ”New Year’s Eve, where auld acquaintance be forgot. Unless, of course, those tests come back positive.” – Jay Leno
35. ”Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man.” – Benjamin Franklin
36. ”Hope smiles from the threshold of the year to come, whispering, ‘It will be happier.’” –Alfred Lord Tennyson
37. ”With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.” –Eleanor Roosevelt
38. ”I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past.” –Thomas Jefferson
39. ”It is our attitude toward life that determines life’s attitude toward us. We get back what we put out.” – Earl Nightingale
40. ”You will never win if you never begin.” – Helen Rowland
Don’t forget to also check out our collection of quotes about new beginnings and starting fresh.
Happy new year quotes to lift your spirits
41. ”I close my eyes to old ends. And open my heart to new beginnings.” – Nick Frederickson
42. ”Take a leap of faith and begin this wondrous new year by believing.” – Sarah Ban Breathnach
43. ”What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven’t even happened yet.” – Anne Frank
44. ”Every single year, we’re a different person. I don’t think we’re the same person all of our lives.” – Steven Spielberg
45. ”Tomorrow is the first blank page of a 365-page book. Write a good one.” – Brad Paisley
46. ”And suddenly you know: It’s time to start something new and trust the magic of beginnings.” – Meister Eckhart
47. “If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello.” – Paulo Coehlo
48. ”Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.” – John D. Rockefeller
49. ”We all get the exact same 365 days. The only difference is what we do with them.” – Hillary DePiano
50. ”A New Year brings new grace for new accomplishments.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of smile quotes to help keep a smile on your face.
Happy new year quotes to inspire you
51. “Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.” – Mother Teresa
52. “Another fresh new year is here. Another year to live! To Banish worry, doubt and fear, to love and give.” – William Arthur Ward
53. “Every time you tear a leaf off a calendar, you present a new place for new ideas and progress.” – Charles Kettering
54. “Each New Year, we have before us a brand new book containing 365 blank pages. Let us fill them with all the forgotten things from last year—the words we forgot to say, the love we forgot to show, and the charity we forgot to offer.” – Peggy Toney Horton
55. “New year gives us an opportunity and power to begin the magical first day of the rest of our lives.” – Debasish Mridha
56. “We should celebrate every year that we made it through and every year that we’re happier and healthier.” – Ellen DeGeneres
57. “New year is the glittering light to brighten the dream-lined pathway of future.” – Munia Khan
58. “Nothing is as good as coming into the new year with zeal, hope and positive mind.” – Bamigboye Olurotimi
59. “New Year = A New Life! Decide today who you will become, what you will give how you will live.” –Tony Robbins
60. “As we look forward to the New Year, let’s resolve to recommit ourselves to the values we share.” – Barack Obama
You might also like these new beginning quotes about starting afresh.
More happy new year quotes for 2022
61. “May all your troubles last as long as your New Year’s resolutions.” – Joey Adams
62. “Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
63. “An optimist stays up till midnight to see the New Year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves.” – Bill Vaughn
64. “The New Year comes and goes, but our bond will last a lifetime. Excited to see what 2022 has in store for us!” – Unknown
65. “What the new year brings to you will depend a great deal on what you bring to the new year.” – Vern McLellan
66. “A new year means a new chapter. I hope 2022 is an incredible part of your story.” – Unknown
67. “Stir the eggnog, lift the toddy, Happy New Year everybody!” – Phyllis McGinley
68. “A new year, a new day, to bring you everything you wish for.” – Unknown
69. “Tonight’s another chance to start again. It’s just another New Year’s Eve. Another night like the rest. It’s just another New Year’s Eve. Let’s make it the best!” – Barry Manilow
70. “The future is before us in the coming year, turn all your wishes turn into goals!” – Unknown
Happy New Year quotes about new beginnings
71. “Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.” – Herman Hesse
72. “Celebrate endings—for they precede new beginnings.” – Jonathan Huie
73. “The best is yet to come.” – Frank Sinatra
74. “The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide you’re not going to stay where you are.” – J.P. Morgan
75. “An optimist stays up until midnight to see the New Year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves.” – William E. Vaughn
76. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” – Nelson Mandela
77. “There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind.” – C.S. Lewis
78. “Sometimes a year has been so disastrous and so terrible that entering a new year will automatically mean entering a wonderful year!” – Mehmet Murat idlan
79. “We spend January 1st walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives … not looking for flaws but for potential.” – Ellen Goodman
80. “Be willing to be a beginner every single morning.” – Meister Eckhart
Which of these happy new year quotes was your favorite?
If didn’t achieve the goals you had set in 2021, know that 2022 holds with it endless opportunities for you to achieve your dream.
Hopefully, the happy new year quotes above will give you the inspiration you need and make you realize that it’s not all over.
Remember, each year is your opportunity to start fresh, and no matter how unrealistic it may seem, if you stay committed, you can make your goals realities.
Did you enjoy these happy new year quotes? Which of the quotes was your favorite? Let us know in the comment section below. We would love to hear all about it.