Looking for thought-provoking belief quotes?
It’s human nature to want to believe. In fact, people have several beliefs on every area of their life – from money, education, family life, to career. Some beliefs are ingrained early on. For instance, families teach their kids about the values of honesty and integrity. There are beliefs we pick up as we get older, like ideas on money, career, or friendships.
There are beliefs that are good (e.g. keep fighting in the face of adversity) and those that are generally negative (e.g. the belief that some people are better than others). You can change your beliefs at any time, especially if they don’t apply to you anymore or if they are proven false.
Whatever you stand for, be careful about the beliefs you hold. They could be damaging to you as a person, or they may be hurting others without your knowledge.
Want some new thoughts or ideas on this subject? Get a load of these belief quotes that would get you thinking.
Quotes and Ideas on Faith, Doubt, and Wisdom
1. “If you don’t stand for something you will fall for anything.” – Gordon A. Eadie
2. “I believe that life is a game, that life is a cruel joke, and that life is what happens when you’re alive and that you might as well lie back and enjoy it.” – Neil Gaiman
3. “A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it.” – Oscar Wilde
4. “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away.” – Philip K. Dick
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of reality quotes aimed at helping you live your best life.
5. “Don’t be afraid of your fears. They’re not there to scare you. They’re there to let you know that something is worth it.” – C. JoyBell C.
6. “The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.” – J.M. Barrie
7. “The good thing about science is that it’s true whether or not you believe in it.” – Neil deGrasse Tyson
8. “Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors for you where there were only walls.” – Joseph Campbell
9. “Faith is about doing. You are how you act, not just how you believe.” – Mitch Albom
10. “Tell people there’s an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure.” – George Carlin
Belief Quotes To Make You Re-Think about Life
11. “If you stumble about believability, what are you living for? Love is hard to believe, ask any lover. Life is hard to believe, ask any scientist. God is hard to believe, ask any believer. What is your problem with hard to believe?” – Yann Martel
12. “You never know how much you really believe anything until its truth or falsehood becomes a matter of life and death to you.” – C.S. Lewis
13. “Success is most often achieved by those who don’t know that failure is inevitable.” – Coco Chanel
14. “If we don’t believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don’t believe in it at all.” – Noam Chomsky
15. “People imagine, and people believe; and it is that rock solid belief, that makes things happen.” – Neil Gaiman
16. “What you do in this world is a matter of no consequence. The question is what can you make people believe you have done.” – Arthur Conan Doyle
17. “Believing takes practice.” – Madeleine L’Engle
18. “The more you feed your mind with positive thoughts, the more you can attract great things into your life.” – Roy T. Bennett
19. “The failure to read good books both enfeebles the vision and strengthens our most fatal tendency – the belief that the here and now is all there is.” – Allan Bloom
20. “Every now and then a man’s mind is stretched by a new idea or sensation, and never shrinks back to its former dimensions.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.
Belief quotes to empower you
21. “Everybody’s got to believe in something. I believe I’ll have another beer.” – W.C. Fields
22. “We have a choice. We have two options as human beings. We have a choice between conversation and war. That’s it. Conversation and violence. And faith is a conversation stopper.” – Sam Harris
23. “Everyone has their own ways of expression. I believe we all have a lot to say, but finding ways to say it is more than half the battle.” – Criss Jami
24. “You can believe something really hard, and still be wrong.” – Jodi Picoult
25. “For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don’t believe, no proof is possible.” – Stuart Chase
26. “You never know how much you really believe anything until its truth of falsehood becomes a matter of life and death to you.” – C.S. Lewis
27. “Just because something is unbelievable does not mean you shouldn’t believe it. Put another way, some things are worth believing in whether they’re true or not.” – Jeb Dickerson
28. “What matters is not the idea a man holds, but the depth at which he holds it.” – Ezra Pound
29. “Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.” – Michel de Montaigne
30. “Without belief, we would be left with nothing but an overwhelming doom, every single day.” – Lance Armstrong
Belief quotes to elevate your mind
31. “I believe in recovery, and as a role model I have the responsibility to let young people know that you can make a mistake and come back from it.” – Ann Richards
32. “She was reflecting back on a truth she had learned over the years: that people heard what they wanted to hear, saw what they wanted, believed what they wanted.” – Jeffery Deaver
33. “Remember that what you believe will depend very much on what you are.” – Noah Porter
34. “Every mental act is composed of doubt and belief, but it is belief that is the positive, it is belief that sustains thought and holds the world together.” – Søren Kierkegaard
35. “I didn’t know where to put my faith, or if there was such a place, or even what the word faith meant, in all of its complexity. Everything seemed to be possibly potent and possibly fake.” – Cheryl Strayed
36. “A wise man, therefore, proportions his belief to the evidence.” – David Hume
37. “What distinguishes the majority of men from the few is their ability to act according to their beliefs.” – Henry Miller
38. “This is how humans are: we question all our beliefs, except for the ones we really believe, and those we never think to question.” – Orson Scott Card
39. “Convictions are more dangerous enemies to truth than lies.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of lies quotes for healing and moving on.
40. “Men never do evil so thoroughly and cheerfully as when they do it for conscience sake.” – Blaise Pascal
Belief quotes to inspire you
41. “If you’re not failing every now and again. It’s a sign you’re not doing anything very innovative.” – Woddy Alen
42. “You are what you believe yourself to be.” – Paulo Coelho
43. “It is never too late to be, what you might have been.” – George Eliot
44. “Belief is not a matter of choice, but conviction.” – Rising Malevolence
45. “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” ― Martin Luther King Jr.
46. “Believing in yourself is not for you; it’s for every person who has touched your life in a significant way and for every person your life will touch the same way five minutes from now, or five centuries from now.” – Jaye Miller
47. “No matter how hard the battle gets or no matter how many people DON’T believe in your dream, Never give up!” – Eric Thomas
48. “All beliefs and belief systems boil down to having faith in something we would like to believe to be the truth.” – Neville Berkowitz
49. “You can’t expect to hit the jackpot if you don’t put a few nickels in the machine.” – Flip Wilson
50. “He who believes he can and he who believes he can’t are both usually right.” – Confucius
More belief quotes and sayings
51. “If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride – and never quit, you’ll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards.” – Bear Bryant
52. “If you believe in yourself anything is possible.” – Miley Cyrus
53. “Believe in yourself, take on your challenges, dig deep within yourself to conquer fears. Never let anyone bring you down. You got to keep going.” – Chantal Sutherland
54. “Whatever you want in life, other people are going to want it too. Believe in yourself enough to accept the idea that you have an equal right to it.” – Diane Sawyer
55. “Some people say I have attitude maybe I do, but I think you have to. You have to believe in yourself when no one else does – that makes you a winner right there.” – Venus Williams
56. “Believe in yourself, listen to your gut, and do what you love.” – Dylan Lauren
57. “There is no substitute for hard work. Never give up. Never stop believing. Never stop fighting.” – Hope Hicks
58. “Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.” – Norman Vincent Peale
59. “To be a champ you have to believe in yourself when no one else will.” – Sugar Ray Robinson
60. “You have to believe in yourself, challenge yourself, and push yourself until the very end; that’s the only way you’ll succeed.” – G-Dragon
More belief quotes that are so true
61. “You don’t believe things because they make your life better, you believe them because they’re true.” ―
62. “You have to believe. Otherwise, it will never happen.” ―
63. “Some things have to be believed to be seen.” ―
64. “I believe I am in Hell, therefore I am.” ―
65. “Don’t believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose.” ―
66. “Beliefs are choices. First you choose your beliefs. Then your beliefs affect your choices.” ―
67. “Belief is the wound that knowledge heals.” ―
68. “It’s what you choose to believe that makes you the person you are.” ―
69. “Man is what he believes.” ―
70. “The constant assertion of belief is an indication of fear.” ―
Which of these belief quotes spoke to you the most?
Check your beliefs from time to time. You might be holding on to some thoughts that could be detrimental to your future or to others. Don’t be afraid to question existing ideas as well. Take time out of your busy life to re-evaluate your values.
Do you have some beliefs that might be keeping you from being financially free? Or maybe you have some old ideas that could be hampering a well-deserved promotion at work? Be honest with yourself. There are times when some beliefs won’t cut it anymore – especially if you’ve made some changes to yourself.
What do you say, did any of these belief quotes and sayings make you think? Share your thoughts with us below!