Looking for bold and confident quotes that were born to become Instagram captions?
The sassy quotes below are perfect for your social media and beyond.
Has anyone ever called you sassy?
The word “sassy” is often sprinkled with negative connotations. Some people call others “sassy” because they aren’t comfortable with the other person’s confidence.
Today, at Everyday Power, we’re here to remind you that there’s nothing wrong with being sassy.
We’re featuring the best quotes from famous musicians, authors, fashion designers and more that are filled with sass.
We hope that each quote showcased inspires you to become your sassiest, most confident self.
Check out the sassy quotes below for more inspiration.
Don’t forget to also read these thought-provoking social media quotes and sayings.
Sassy quotes about love
1. “If you can’t love yourself, how in the hell you gonna love somebody else?” – RuPaul (see more quotes from RuPaul)
2. “If you treat me like an option, I’ll leave you like a choice.” – Priyanshu Maitra
3. “If you can’t live without me, why aren’t you dead already?” – Cynthia Heimel
Sassy quotes about life
4. “When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.” – Maya Angelou
5. “I’d rather die my way than live yours.” – Lauren Oliver
6. “It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends.” – J. K. Rowling
7. “I’ve learned that you shouldn’t go through life with a catcher’s mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.” – Maya Angelou
8. “The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off.” – Gloria Steinem
9. “Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.” – Douglas Adams
10. “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.” – Alice Walker
11. “Good advice is something a man gives when he is too old to set a bad example.” – Francois de La Rochefoucauld
You might also like these Vine quotes that will make you LOL
Sassy quotes about self-esteem
12. “It’s not my responsibility to be beautiful. I’m not alive for that purpose.” – Warsan Shire
13. “I am too intelligent, too demanding, and too resourceful for anyone to be able to take charge of me entirely. No one knows me or loves me completely. I have only myself.” – Simone de Beauvoir
14. “Someday I want to be perfect; until then, I’ll be happy being incredible.” – Maxine Cartoons
15. “For mad I may be, but I will never be convenient.” – Jennifer Donnelly
16. “A lot of people are afraid to say what they want. That’s why they don’t get what they want.” – Madonna
17. “It’s not your job to like me, it’s mine.” – Byron Katie
18. “I’m not going to limit myself just because people won’t accept the fact that I can do something else.” – Dolly Parton
19. “Unless they paying your bills, pay them bitches no mind.” – RuPaul
20. “Don’t mistake my kindness for weakness.” – Al Capone
21. “Whatever you do, good or bad, people will always have something negative to say.” – W. H. Auden
Funny sassy quotes
22. “You can’t put a leash on me. I’m unleashable!” – Tiffany Winfree
23. “I and me are always too deeply in conversation.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
24. “I do not want people to be agreeable, as it saves me that trouble of liking them.” – Jane Austen
25. “Always remember you’re unique, just like everyone else.” – Alison Boulter
26. “You don’t have to like me; I’m not a Facebook status.” – Wiz Khalifa
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Facebook quotes that are perfect to post as your FB status.
27. “The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
28. “My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I’m right.” – Ashleigh Brilliant
29. “We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.” – Bryan White
30. “Whoever said money can’t buy happiness didn’t know where to shop.” – Gertrude Stein
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of vine quotes that showcase some of the most hilarious moments from the short-lived site.
Inspirational sassy quotes
31. “The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” – Ayn Rand
32. “If anyone ever boos you off stage, that is simply applause from ghosts.” – Sharon Needles
33. “Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.” – Marilyn Monroe
34. “Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold.” – Helen Keller
35. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
36. “If you don’t like being a doormat then get off the floor.” – Al Anon
37. “Stop wearing your wishbone where your backbone ought to be.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
38. “The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.” – Coco Chanel
39. “When everything’s coming your way, you’re in the wrong lane.” – Steven Wright
40. “Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious.” – Rumi
Sassy quotes that will make your day
41. “If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.” – Katharine Hepburn
42. “Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.” – Judy Garland
43. “If you retain nothing else, always remember the most important rule of beauty, which is: who cares?” – Tina Fey
44. “If you cannot be positive, then at least be quiet.” – Joel Osteen
45. “Keep your head high and your middle finger higher.” – Megan Fox
46. “The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.” – Walter Bagehot
47. “People will stare. Make it worth their while.” – Harry Winston
48. “Don’t get bitter, just get better.” – Alyssa Edwards
49. “If you can’t make it better, you can laugh at it.” – Erma Bombeck
50. “Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.” – Elbert Hubbard
You might also like these clever Facebook quotes about life and love that are perfect to post as your FB status.
More sassy quotes to inspire you
51. “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.” – Maya Angelou
52. “A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.” – Steve Martin
53. “There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do.” – Freya Stark
54. “Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.” – James A. Baldwin
55. “When I’m good, I’m very good. But when I’m bad I’m better.” – Mae West
56. “If you don’t stand for something you will fall for anything.” – Malcolm X
57. “I’m a woman of very few words, but lots of action.” – Mae West
58. “Success builds character, failure reveals it.” – Dave Checketts
59. “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Mark Twain
60. “Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn’t.” – Erica Jong
Like a Boss Sassy Quotes
61. “Only the mediocre are always at their best.” – Jean Giraudoux
62. “Everything I like is either illegal, immoral, or fattening.” – Alexander Woollcott
63. “Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.” – Mae West
64. “I can resist everything except temptation.” – Oscar Wilde
65. “Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.” – Mark Twain
66. “Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes.” – Jim Carrey
67. “If you are not going to swim deep with me, get out of my water.” – Bridgett Devoue
68. “Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city.” – George Burns
69. “If I had any talent in the world… I would be a great diva.” — Ruth Bader Ginsburg
70. “It’s the good girls who keep diaries; the bad girls never have the time.” — Tallulah Bankhead
What does the word “sassy” mean to you?
If someone calls you sassy to dull your shine, don’t let it get to you. Let the above quotes remind you about the power of “sassiness”.
Many of the above professionals used their sassiness as fuel to go after their dreams.
They reached success because they remained focused during their journey. They didn’t give up despite what others may have said in the past.
Don’t be afraid of being “sassy”. Let your voice be heard and never apologize for being who you are.
What’s your favorite quote featured above? Did we forget one of your favorite sassy quotes and sayings? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.