Are you lacking a little confidence? It might be time to get in touch with your pride. These pride quotes will inspire you into action.
What do you think of when you hear the word “pride”? Many people think of “pride” as being something bad, as in “pride goes before the fall”. And while it’s true that pride can become negative if you are too caught up in it, it’s also important.
Having pride in yourself, your abilities, and even your surroundings can be motivating towards action. When people are proud of where they live, they help take care of it. When a person is proud of their abilities, they aren’t afraid to step out and put it to use. Healthy pride can build up your confidence as shown in these pride quotes.
Pride quotes on the connection between confidence and pride
1. “Remember, you have been criticizing yourself for years, and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” – Louise L. Hay
2. “One who knows himself is never disturbed by what you think about him.” – Osho
3. “Every woman that finally figured out her worth has picked up her suitcases of pride and boarded a flight to freedom, which landed in the valley of change.” – Shannon L. Alder
4. “Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.” — M. Scott Peck
5. “Understand: You should be radiating confidence, not arrogance or disdain.” – Robert Greene
6. “The world will never value you more than you value yourself.” – Bill Masur
7. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” – Lucille Ball
8. “Don’t be ashamed of anything you’ve gone through. Be proud of everything you’ve overcome!” – Phil McGraw
9. “You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.” – Maya Angelou
Pride quotes on what it means to be proud
10. “Pride is holding your head up when everyone around you has theirs bowed. Courage is what makes you do it.” ― Bryce Courtenay
11. “Pride helps us, and pride is not a bad thing when it only urges us to hide our own hurts—not to hurt others.” ― George Eliot
12. “A healthy self-love means we have no compulsion to justify to ourselves or others why we take vacations, why we sleep late, why we buy new shoes, why we spoil ourselves from time to time. We feel comfortable doing things which add quality and beauty to life.” – Andrew Matthews
13. “Who you are inside is what helps you make and do everything in life.” – Fred Rogers
14. “Vanity and pride are different things, though the words are often used synonymously. A person may be proud without being vain. Pride relates more to our opinion of ourselves, vanity to what we would have others think of us.” ― Jane Austen
Pride quotes about self-confidence
15. “I do not care so much what I am to others as I care what I am to myself.” ― Michel de Montaigne
16. “Don’t do things that you know are morally wrong. Not because someone is watching, but because you are. Self-esteem is just the reputation that you have with yourself. You’ll always know.” – Naval Ravikant
17. “You’re always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.” – Diane Von Furstenberg
18. “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” – Buddha
19. “One’s dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but it can never be taken away unless it is surrendered.” – Michael J. Fox
20. “All your life, other people will try to take your accomplishments away from you. Don’t you take it away from yourself.” ― Michael Crichton
21. “Don’t spend all of your time trying to FIND yourself. Spend your time CREATING yourself into a person that you’ll be proud of.” – Sonya Parker
22. “Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
23. “Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are.” – Malcolm S. Forbes
24. “Respect your uniqueness, and drop comparison. Relax into your being.” – Osho
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Osho quotes on how to live life and find inspiration.
25. “Self-esteem begins with self-understanding, grows with courage and perseverance, ends with confidence.” – Maxime Lagacé
26. “Why should we worry about what others think of us, do we have more confidence in their opinions than we do our own?” – Brigham Young
27. “Self-esteem is made up primarily of two things: feeling lovable and feeling capable.” – Jack Canfield
Pride quotes on not allowing confidence to turn into the wrong kind of pride
28. “Confidence turns into pride only when you are in denial of your mistakes.” – Criss Jami
29. “Ignorance and power and pride are a deadly mixture, you know.” ― Robert Fulghum
30. “The pride of aiming at more knowledge, and pretending to more perfection, is the cause of Man’s error and misery.” — Alexander Pope
31. “Don’t let compliments mess with your head or criticism mess with your heart.” – Thibaut
32. “There are two circumstances that lead to arrogance: one is when you’re wrong and you can’t face it; the other is when you’re right and nobody else can face it.” ― Criss Jami
33. “With pride, there are many curses. With humility, there come many blessings.” – Ezra Taft Benson
34. “If you see anything in yourself which may make you proud, look a little further, and you will find enough to make you humble.” – Wellins Calcott
35. “If someone corrects you, and you feel offended, then you have an ego problem.” ― Nouman Ali Khan
36. “Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need.” ― Khalil Gibran
37. “I could easily forgive his pride if he had not mortified mine.” ― Jane Austen
38. “Pride comes before the fall. Stay humble.” – Unknown
39. “Be careful, ever so careful, in trumpeting your own achievements, and always talk less about yourself than about other people. Modesty is generally preferable.” – Robert Greene
40. “It is better to lose your pride with someone you love rather than to lose that someone you love with your useless pride.” ― John Ruskin
More pride quotes
41. “When you feel nervous, recall your pride.” ― Toba Beta
42. “It requires strength to accept yourself, and to be proud of yourself when you’re aware there’s something extraordinary about you.” – Abigail Tarttelin
43. “Your fear of looking stupid is making you look stupid. What other people think of you is none of your business.” – Thibaut
44. “Embrace the glorious mess that you are.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
45. “Pain goes away, pride lasts forever.” – Unknown
46. “Self-esteem isn’t everything; it’s just that there’s nothing without it.” – Gloria Steinem
47. “The better you feel about yourself, the less you feel the need to show off.” – Robert Hand
48. “Be happy being you. Don’t try to be anyone else. You’re unique, so be loud and proud.” – Apollo Ohno
49. “The worst outcome in this world is not having self-esteem. If you don’t love yourself, who will?” – Naval Ravikant
50. “Don’t ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go do that. Because what the world needs are people who have come alive.” – Harold Whitman
Pride Quotes To Celebrate One’s Accomplishments
51. “Few people can walk in your shoes. You are the only one that knows your obstacles, challenges, and struggles. Be proud of yourself and the progress you’ve made.” — Edmond Mbiaka.
52. “Success is a long process. If you’re making steady progress on the path to your goals, you have already succeeded. Feel proud of that.” — Hal Elrod
53. “If you want to feel proud of yourself, then do good. Take action that will make you proud. And if you really want to feel proud, then do something to help someone else.” – Oseola McCarty
54. “Nothing is ever wrong. We learn from every step we take. Whatever you did today was the way it was meant to be. Be proud of you.” — Oprah Winfrey
55. “Always work hard, be honest, and be proud of who you are.” — Patricia Velasquez
56. “If you want to be proud of yourself, then do things in which you can take pride.” — Karen Horney
57. “Be proud of your scars. They remind you that you have the will to live.” – Paulo Coelho
58. “I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him.” – Abraham Lincoln
59. “Be proud of your choices, not your gifts.” – Jeff Bezos
60. “If you do something awesome, you should be proud of yourself.” – Damon Lindelof
What did you learn from these pride quotes?
Can you feel your confidence growing just reading through the pride quotes above? Remember, you don’t have to be perfect in order to have pride in who you are. Stop comparing yourself to everyone else. Stop trying to get it all just right until you can feel good about yourself.
Don’t be afraid to appreciate yourself, have confidence, and be proud of yourself. It doesn’t mean you have to take it too far. Use it for motivation to continue growing and developing as a person and helping those around you. Choose your favorite quote or two and post them up in places where you’ll see them throughout the day.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these pride quotes and sayings? Do you have any other helpful quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.