There is no other experience in the world like being pregnant. These pregnancy quotes will help you know what to expect and show you that you’re not alone.
There are a lot of fears, doubts, and worriesthat come with being pregnant. You want to know what to expect and make surethat you’re doing the best that you can for your baby as you wait to meet them.
Your pregnancy brain will make you wonder things like, “What if I’m not a good mom?” “Will I be able to handle labor?” and “Am I the only one that has to pee every hour?”.
Put your mind at ease as you read through these pregnancy quotes. And after reading this, be sure to also check out our collection of mother daughter quotes for even more inspiration.
Pregnancy quotes on knowing howto be a mom
1. “The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.” – Rajneesh
2. “What good mothers and fathers instinctively feel like doing for their babies is usually best after all.” – Benjamin Spock
3. “Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers — strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.” – Barbara Katz Rotchman
4. “Before I got married I had six theories about bringing up children; now I have six children and no theories.” – John Wilmot
5. “No woman should ever feel guilty about the choices she makes regarding childbirth, breastfeeding, or the manner in which she cares for her baby.” – Amy Tuteur, MD
6. “Babies are always more trouble than you thought — and more wonderful.” – Charles Osgood
7. “You’re always going to wonder if you’re doing things wrong, but that’s what it means to be a mom, to care so much about someone else that you just want to be as perfect as possible.” – Naya Rivera
8. “There is no way to be a perfect mother… but a million ways to be a good one.” – Jill Churchill
Also check out these new baby boy quotes for expecting moms and dads.
Pregnancy quotes on love for your child
9. “A baby is something that you carry inside you for nine months, in your arms for three years, and in your heart until the day you die.” – Mary Mason
10. “It is the most powerful creation to have life growing inside of you. There is no bigger gift.” – Beyonce (see more quotes by Beyonce)
11. “Motherhood: All love begins and ends there.” – Robert Browning
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of motherhood quotes to celebrate the most special woman in the universe.
12. “Before you were conceived I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were here an hour I would die for you. This is the miracle of Mother’s Love.” – Maureen Hawkins
13. “Everything grows rounder and wider and weirder, and I sit here in the middle of it all and wonder who in the world you will turn out to be.” – Carrie Fisher
14. “When you moved, I felt squeezed with a wild infatuation and protectiveness. We are one. Nothing, not even death, can change that.” – Suzanne Finnamore
15. “Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.” – Winnie the Pooh (see more of the best Winnie the Pooh quotes)
Pregnancyquotes on how it changes your life
16. “Whether your pregnancy was meticulously planned, medically coaxed, or happened by surprise, one thing is certain – your life will never be the same.” – Catherine Jones
17. “To be pregnant is to be vitally alive, thoroughly woman, and distressingly inhabited. Soul and spirit are stretched – along with body – making pregnancy a time of transition, growth, and profound beginnings.” – Anne Christian Buchanan
18. “A new baby is like the beginning of all things — wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities.’ – Eda Le Shan
19. “When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.” – Sophia Loren
20. “You never understand life until it grows inside of you.” – Sandra Kassis
21. “Children reinvent your world for you.” – Susan Sarandon
22. “In giving birth to our babies, we may find that we give birth to new possibilities within ourselves.” – Myla and Jon Kabat-Zinn
23. “You never understand life until it grows inside of you.” – Sandra Chami Kassis
24. “Being pregnant finally helped me to understand what my true relationship was with my body-meaning that it wasn’t put on this earth to look good in a swimsuit.” – Amy Adams
25. “When you’re pregnant, you can think of nothing but having your own body to yourself again, yet after having given birth you realize that the biggest part of you is now somehow external, subject to all sorts of dangers and disappearance, so you spend the rest of your life trying to figure out how to keep it close enough for comfort. That’s the strange thing about being a mother: until you have a baby, you don’t even realize how much you were missing one.” – Jodi Picoult
26. “Truthfully, being pregnant is changing me as a person. Each day is part of this amazing journey that has completely shifted the focus of my life and made me re-evaluate my personal and professional goals.” – Holly Madison
27. “The moment he wakes up from a nap… Just a gummy mouth, no teeth, just a big smile, happy that you’re alive and you’re just looking at him. That’s probably the most magical.” – Jessica Biel
Don’t forget to also read these helpful postpartum depression quotes to lift your spirits.
Pregnancyquotes on giving birth
28. “Birth isn’t something we suffer, but something we actively do and exult in.” – Sheila Kitzinger
29. “Women, don’t ever apologize for your behavior or choices during birth. When you OWN your experience and take pride in your journey, you help other women do the same thing. No matter how you did it, you just brought a human being into the world! The world should be kneeling at your feet.” – Lauralyn Curtis
30. “A strong intention, a relaxed body, and an open mind are the main ingredients for an active birth.” – Janet Balaskas
31. “There is no force equal to that of a determined woman.” – Unknown
32. “There is a secret in our culture, and it’s not that birth is painful. It’s that women are strong.” – Laura Stavoe Harm
33. “Giving birth should be your greatest achievement, not your greatest fear.” – Jane Weideman
34. “There’s a whole birthing plan, but what is the plan other than to get it out? I mean, there isn’t an option to kind of keep it in, is there? So I’m assuming my plan is to get it out. But apparently, there’s more to the plan than that. I don’t know what that is.” – Keira Knightley
35. “There is power that comes to women when they give birth. They don’t ask for it, it simply invades them. Accumulates like clouds on the horizon and passes through, carrying the child with it.” – Sheryl Feldman
36. “The instant of birth is exquisite. Pain and joy are one at this moment. Ever after, the dim recollection is so sweet that we speak to our children with a gratitude they never understand.” – Madeline Tiger
37. “I had a c-section and I found it fascinating. I didn’t find it a sacrifice and I didn’t find it a painful experience. I found it a fascinating miracle of what a body can do.” – Angelina Jolie
38. “It’s a great thing about being pregnant— you don’t need excuses to pee or eat.” – Angelina Jolie
39. “You do a lot of growing up when you’re pregnant. It’s suddenly like, ‘Yikes. Here it is, folks. Playtime is over.” – Connie Fioretto
40. “Think of stretch marks as pregnancy service stripes.” – Joyce Armor
41. “Having a baby changes the way you view your in-laws, I love it when they come to visit now. They can hold the baby, and I can go out.” – Matthew Broderick
42. “I have two brains in my body but I have never been so dumb.” – Unknown
43. “That moment when all your friends are dieting and exercising and you are just pregnant like ‘Baby wants a cupcake’.” – Unknown
44. “Months have an average of 30 days, except the 9th month of pregnancy which has about 1,000 days.” – Unknown
45. “Growing a baby makes me feel like a superhero. A really tired, weak superhero who wants to eat all the time and is not allowed to lift heavy objects.” – Unknown
46. “You don’t realize how many people your friends hate until you have to name your baby.” – Unknown
47. “Stop saying, ‘We’re pregnant’. You’re not pregnant! Do you have to squeeze a watermelon-sized person out of your lady-hole? No. Are you crying alone in your car listening to a stupid Bette Midler song? No. When you wake up and throw up, is it because you’re nurturing a human life? No. It’s because you had too many shots of tequila.” – Mila Kunis
48. “People always say that pregnant women have a glow. And I say it’s because you’re sweating to death.” – Jessica Simpson
49. “Every four weeks I got up a bra size… it’s worth being pregnant just for the breasts.” – Natasha Hamilton
50. “My brain really goes to mush when I’m pregnant.” – Kate Winslet
Have you seen these baby quotes for new parents.
More Pregnancy quotes and sayings
51. “Being a mother is probably the hardest job in the world. I feel like, in a lot of ways, children come into the world to teach us.” – Mariah Carey
52. “When a woman gives birth her waters break and she pours out the child and the child runs free.” – Jeanette Winterson
53. “Everything in woman hath a solution. It is called pregnancy.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
54. “Being pregnant is an occupational hazard of being a wife.” – Queen Victoria
55. “Pregnancy is a kind of miracle. Especially so in that it proves that a man and woman can conspire to force God to create a new soul.” – Robert Anton Wilson
56. “Being a mother means that your heart is no longer yours; it wanders wherever your children do.” – George Bernard Shaw
57. “Going into a pregnancy is a really challenging time for a woman, because it’s forever-changing, both mentally and physically.” – Brooke Burke
58. “The thing that’s nice about pregnancy is that in the end, you have a baby.” – Ann Romney
59. “Pregnancy seemed like a tremendous abdication of control. Something growing inside you which would eventually usurp your life.” – Erica Jong
60. “I think your body is just a little bit stronger after pregnancy.” – Paula Radcliffe
Pregnancy quotes about how amazing carrying a child is
61. “I wish I was one of those cute pregnant girls who wear skinny jeans throughout their pregnancies. But I just gain weight.” –Jennifer Garner
62. “Pregnancy is magical, I’ve never felt more connected to my body.” –Mary Helen Bowers
63. “Carrying a baby is the most rewarding experience a woman can enjoy.” –Jayne Mansfield
64. “Feeling fat lasts nine months, but the joy of becoming a mom lasts forever.” –Nikki Bella
65. “A miracle is really the only way to describe motherhood and giving birth.” –Jennie Finch
66. “It makes me feel like a woman. It makes me feel that all the things about my body are suddenly there for a reason. It makes you feel round and supple, and to have a little life inside you is amazing.” –Angelina Jolie
67. “My body has given me the greatest gift of my life.” –Hillary Duff
68. “The wonder of life begins in the womb of a woman.” –Lailah Gifty Akita
69. “It’s amazing, the mentality shift that occurs in pregnancy. All of a sudden, you want to be good to yourself.” –Elizabeth Hasselbeck
70. “Pregnancy is the only time when you can do nothing at all and still be productive.” –Evan Esar
Which of these pregnancy quotes resonated with you best?
No matter how much research you do on pregnancy and childbirth there are still going to be unknowns and questions that you come up with. Relax and know that every new parent feels like that as well. You will do amazing.
Take time to do the research that you need and then enjoy the experience. Your body is changing now but the entire experience and the child you hold in your arms when your pregnancy is over will change your life forever in more incredible ways than you can ever imagine. Cherish each moment of it, even the ones that don’t feel as great in the moment.
Which of these pregnancy quotes resonated with you best? Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add? Tell us in the comment section below. We would love to hear all about it.