Looking for ways to remain humble during your day-to-day life? The inspiring humble quotes below will give you enough motivation to last all week.
No matter where you are in life, understanding the power of humility is key to maintaining a positive mindset. It can be difficult at times to maintain this value.
Why is humility important?
At the basis of humility, is understanding your position as a lifelong learner. It is necessary to understand that you don’t know it all. As a result, you remain open to gaining more information about the vast world around you through other people, places, and experiences.
Take a look at the wise words below to learn more about the importance of humility.
Humble quotes about maintaining humility around other people
1. “I speak to everyone in the same way, whether he is the garbage man or the president of the university.” – Albert Einstein
2. “To lead the people, walk behind them.” – Lao Tzu
3. “There’s no need to show off when you know who you are.” – Maxime Lagacé
4. “Every person that you meet knows something you don’t; learn from them.” – H. Jackson Brown Jr
5. “Do you wish people to think well of you? Don’t speak well of yourself.” – Blaise Pascal
6. “There is no respect for others without humility in one’s self.” – Henri Frederic Amiel
7. “Those who are believed to be most abject and humble are usually the most ambitious and envious.” – Baruch Spinoza
8. “The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world.” – Dr. Paul Farmer
9. “Without humility, there can be no humanity.” – John Buchan
Humble quotes about the definition of humility
10. “Humility is the most beautiful virtue that we can develop.” – Joyce Meyer
11. “Humility is the solid foundation of all virtues.” – Confucius
12. “In reality, humility means nothing other than complete honesty about yourself.” – William Countryman
13. “True humility is staying teachable, regardless of how much you already know.” – Dana Arcuri
14. “Humility will open more doors than arrogance ever will.” – Zig Ziglar
15. “Real genius is nothing else but the supernatural virtue of humility in the domain of thought.” – Simone Weil
16. “Humility is the surest sign of strength.” – Thomas Merton
17. “Humility is the greatest quality that a man can have, and arrogance is undoubtedly the worst.” – Maulana W. Khan
18. “Humility, like the darkness, reveals the heavenly lights.” – Henry David Thoreau
19. “Humility is to make a right estimate of oneself.” – Charles H. Spurgeon
More Humble quotes on what humility means
20. “Humility isn’t denying your strengths; it’s being honest about your weaknesses.” – Rick Warren
21. “The greatest friend of truth is Time, her greatest enemy is Prejudice, and her constant companion is Humility.” – Charles Caleb Colton
22. “You are not a drop in the ocean. You are the entire ocean in a drop.” – Rumi
23. “Without patience, there can be no genius.” – Robin Sharma
24. “All streams flow to the sea because it is lower than they are. Humility gives it its power.” – Lao Tzu
25. “There is beauty and humility in imperfection.” – Guillermo del Toro
26. “Learning is a feeling between humility and simplicity.” – Alan Maiccon
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of simplicity quotes to encourage a positive mindset.
27. “People search for certainty. But there is no certainty.” – Richard P. Feynman
Humble quotes about pride and humility
28. “Pride makes us artificial and humility makes us real.” – Thomas Merton
29. “Pride is the problem, humility is the answer.” – Joyce Meyer
30. “Humility is nothing but truth, and pride is nothing but lying.” – Saint Vincent de Paul
31. “Pride is concerned with who is right while humility is concerned with what is right.” – Ezra Taft Benson
32. “Humility is clearer-eyed than ego – and that’s important because humility always works harder than ego.” – Ryan Holiday
Humble quotes about success and failure
33. “Keep your head up in failure, and your head down in success.” – Jerry Seinfeld
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Seinfeld quotes to make you giggle and say “Ha”
34. “Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can’t lose.” – Bill Gates
35. “The biggest challenge after success is shutting up about it.” – Criss Jami
Quotesabout how to be more humble
36. “Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world.” – Miyamoto Musashi
37. “Do good by stealth, and blush to find it fame.” – Alexander Pope
38. “Modesty is the gentle art of enhancing your charm by pretending not to be aware of it.” – Oliver Herford
39. “Be humble, hungry and the hardest worker in the room.” – Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson
40. “Stay true in the dark and humble in the spotlight.” – Harold B. Lee
41. “True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.” – Socrates
42. “Don’t think less of yourself, just think of yourself less.” – Ken Blanchard
43. “If you are humble nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you know what you are.” – Mother Teresa
44. “I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.” – Diogenes
More humble quotes to inspire and teach
45. “We are all stumblers, and the beauty and meaning of life are in the stumbling.” – David Brooks
46. “The measure of who we are is how we react to something that does not go our way.” – Gregg Popovich
47. “Making mistakes isn’t enough to become great. You must also admit the mistake, and then learn how to turn that mistake into an advantage.” – Robert T. Kiyosaki
48. “If pain doesn’t lead to humility, you have wasted your suffering.” – Katerina Stoykova Klemer
49. “You shouldn’t gloat about anything you’ve done; you ought to keep going and find something better to do.” – David Packard
50. “Never look down on anybody unless you’re helping them up.” – Jesse Jackson
51. “Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it’s thinking of yourself less.” – C. S. Lewis
52. “The greatest act of faith is when a man understands he is not God.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
53. “The most powerful weapon to conquer the devil is humility. For, as he does not know at all how to employ it, neither does he know how to defend himself from it.” – Vincent de Paul
54. “Humility leads to strength and not to weakness. It is the highest form of self-respect to admit mistakes and to make amends for them.” – John J. McCloy
55. “Humility is the most difficult of all virtues to achieve; nothing dies harder than the desire to think well of self.” – T. S. Eliot
56. “Humility exists only in those who are poor enough to see that they possess nothing of their own.” – Angela of Foligno
57. “What separates me from most so-called atheists is a feeling of utter humility toward the unattainable secrets of the harmony of the cosmos.” – Albert Einstein
58. “There is something in humility which, strangely enough, exalts the heart, and something in pride which debases it.” – Saint Augustine
59. “Humility is the foundation by which love manifests.” – Radhanath Swami
60. “Great peacemakers are all people of integrity, of honesty, but humility.” – Nelson Mandela
Humble Quotes to Keep You Grounded
61. “Greatness is to stay humble when the whole world calls you great!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
62. “Jesus is the God whom we can approach without pride and before whom we can humble ourselves without despair.” – Blaise Pascal
63. “I am able to stay humble because I recognize that God has truly blessed me; I can’t say that enough.” – Heather Headley
64. “For a man who walks in the light, to stay humble is not to walk in the dark; you don’t need to project yourself to be thought an honest man.” – Mike Norton
65. “Stay humble to the craft and never forget how much it actually takes to be the main character of a documentary.” – Nicole Nielsen Horanyi
66. “Stay excited and stay humble and good things will come.” – Mark McMorris
67. “Stay humble. Always answer your phone – no matter who else is in the car.” – Jack Lemmon
68. “Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.” – John Madden
69. “If you’re not humble, life will visit humbleness upon you.” – Mike Tyson
70. “A great man is always willing to be little. ” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
How can you be more humble?
The rollercoaster ride through successes and failures is a necessary part of life. What is most important is how we accept our imperfections and handle each of life’s experiences, whether good or bad. Humility allows us to be open to the beauty of transformation. We can then grow, evolve, and avoid stagnation.
As you take a few quiet minutes away from your everyday life, enjoy the above quotes and soak in the influence of some of the world’s most complex minds.
When was the last time you were humble? Is there another inspirational humble quote about humility that you would like to share? Let us know in the comment section below.