There’s nothing quite like a loving father. These dad quotes show you why.
They can be known for being strict and tough or kind and loving. Sometimes they are super corny and other times they are extremely serious. Their presence or absence has an unmistaken impact on their family. They are dads.
Whether you’re looking for quotes to help pay tribute to your dad or you’re about to be a dad and are trying to get your head wrapped around the change that is coming to your life, there is a lot to be taken away from these dad quotes.
From the wisdom dads can pass on to their sons to the way they protect their daughters, good dads are a special bunch.
Don’t forget to also check out these father daughter quotes honoring their unbreakable bond.
Being a dad quotes
1. “The quality of a father can be seen in the goals, dreams, and aspirations he sets not only for himself but for his family.” – Reed Markham
2. “Becoming a father, I think it inevitably changes your perspective of life. I don’t get nearly enough sleep. And the simplest things in life are completely satisfying. I find you don’t have to do as much. Like you don’t go on as many outings.” – Hugh Jackson
3. “It is much easier to become a father than to be one.” – Kent Nerburn
4. “It is a wise father that knows his own child.” – William Shakespeare
5. “My biggest achievement – besides being drafted into the NBA – was becoming a father. Being a father has made me experience things that have contributed to my maturity and personal growth.” – Dwayne Wade
6. “This is not to say that becoming a father automatically makes you a good father. Fatherhood, like marriage, is a constant struggle against your limitations and self-interests. But the urge to be a perfect father is there because your child is a perfect gift.” – Kent Nerburn
7. “It is admirable for a man to take his son fishing, but there is a special place in heaven for the father who takes his daughter shopping.” – John Sinor
8. “Any man can be a father. It takes someone special to be a dad.” – Anne Geddes
9. “Being a dad is my most important job because it not only affects my children but their children and many generations to come.” – Mark Dominik
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of children quotes that will fill your heart with love and laughter.
10. “I love being a dad. I’d have more kids if I could. I’d take a couple more, one or two more before I croak.” – Richie Sambora
Dad quotes on what’s great about having kids
11. “A child enters your home and for the next twenty years makes so much noise you can hardly stand it. The child departs, leaving the house so silent you think you are going mad.” – John Andrews Holmes
12. “To me, having kids is the ultimate success in life. I want to be most successful at being a good father.” – Nick Lachey
13. “My favorite thing about being a father is just seeing my kids grow and do some of the same things that I did when I was a kid, man.” – LeBron James
14. “Never is a man more of a man than when he is the father of a newborn.” – Matthew McConaughey
15. “Being a father is a huge responsibility, but a satisfying one.” – Pierce Brosnan
16. “A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty.” – Unknown
17. “I could not do my job without the stability of the family. Stability at home is so important to me. I want to bring up my children in a happy, stable, secure world and that is so important to both of us as parents.” – Prince William
18. “Of all the titles I’ve been privileged to have, Dad has always been the best.” – Ken Norton
19. “I have a stepson, five biological children, grandchildren, and a couple of great-grandchildren. And the treasure of all this: I still get a little jump every time I hear ‘Dad.’” – Larry King
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of loving grandchildren quotes to spark joy.
20. “Kids put life into perspective. Life happens and you get bad news sometimes, or things don’t go your way at work—for me that might mean I lose a game or not play well—but that doesn’t affect my mood from day to day. I love going home and seeing the smiles on my daughters’ faces being happy to see me, and that makes everything all right.” – Steph Curry
Dad quotes from their children
21. “Being a daddy’s girl is like having permanent armor for the rest of your life.” – Marinela Reka
22. “Daddy, thanks for being my hero, chauffeur, financial support, listener, life mentor, friend, guardian, and simply being there every time I need a hug.” – Agatha Stephanie Lin
24. “My father didn’t tell me how to live. He lived and let me watch him do it.” – Clarence Budington Kelland
25. “My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me.” – Jim Valvan
26. “My Daddy was my hero. He was always there for me when I needed him. He listened to me and taught me so many things. But most of all he was fun.” – Bindi Irwin
27. “When I’m at my best, I am my father’s daughter.” – Unknown
28. “I am not ashamed to say that no man I ever met was my father’s equal, and I never loved any other man as much.” – Hedy Lamarr
29. “My father was my teacher. But most importantly he was a great dad.” – Beau Bridges
30. “The older I get, the smarter my father seems to get.” – Tim Russert
I love my dad quotes
31. “My dad believed in me, even when I didn’t. He always knew I could do this. I’m sure that everyone in Reading remembers how much he talked about me. I thought that was sweet, but really I just wasn’t as sure it would happen. So, I just love my dad for believing in his little girl.” – Taylor Swift
32. “I love my dad; I’m a daddy’s girl all the way.” – Molly Quinn
33. “I’m always going to love my father.” – Floyd Mayweather Jr.
34. “I love my daddy. My daddy’s everything. I hope I can find a man that will treat me as good as my dad.” – Lady Gaga
35. “I love my father as the stars- he’s a bright shining example and a happy twinkling in my heart.” – Terri Guillemets
36. “I love my dad, although I’m definitely critical of him sometimes, like when his pants are too tight. But I love him so much and I try to be really supportive of him.” – Liv Tyler
37. “I love my dad so much. I don’t have that cool thing where I have dad issues.” – Max Winkler
38. “My father did everything for me. He was awesome.” – Jenson Button
39. “My dad was always my hero, my best friend.” – Dhani Harrison
40. “My father was a great man. He was a great warrior. He was a great American. I admired him for all of those things. But I love him because he was a great father.” – Meghan McCain
Funny dad quotes
41. “A father carries pictures where his money used to be.” – Steve Martin
42. “I asked my dad for a BB gun, but he said we were a tribe of worriers, not warriors.” – Hilary Price
43. “Men should always change diapers. It’s a very rewarding experience. It’s mentally cleansing. It’s like washing dishes, but imagine if the dishes were your kids, so you really love the dishes.” – Chris Martin
44. “By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he’s wrong.” – Charles Wadsworth
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Father-Son quotes about the power of their bond.
45. “When you’re young you think your dad is Superman. Then you grow up, and realize he’s just a regular guy who wears a cape.” – Dave Attell
46. “My daughter got me a ‘World’s Best Dad’ mug. So we know she’s sarcastic.” – Bob Odenkirk
47. “We see a McDonald’s. We got so excited. We started chanting, ‘McDonald’s, McDonald’s, McDonald’s!’ And my dad pulled into the drive thru and we started cheering. And then, he ordered one black coffee for himself… and kept driving. My dad is cold-blooded.” – John Mulaney
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of John Mulaney quotes because laughter is the best medicine.
48. “When you got more than one kid, you just wake up angry.” – Kevin Hart
49. “My father had a profound influence on me. He was a lunatic.” – Spike Milligan
50. “Everybody thinks their dad’s jokes are corny. I don’t get a free pass on that. In fact, [my daughter] said to me once, ‘Most of your stuff isn’t funny at all. But I’m always surprised you make it work.’ I thought that was a pretty sophisticated way of attacking me.” – Judd Apatow
More dad quotes and sayings
51. “Sometimes I think my papa is an accordion. When he looks at me and smiles and breathes, I hear the notes.” – Markus Zusak
52. “Let me say for now that we knew once the Creation was broken, true fathering would be much more lacking than mothering. Don’t misunderstand me, both are needed- but an emphasis on fathering is necessary because of the enormity of its absence.” – Wm. Paul Young
53. “The heart of a father is the masterpiece of nature.” – Prevost Abbe
54. “Blessed indeed is the man who hears many gentle voices call him father.” – Lydia Maria Child
55. “Someone once said that every man is trying to live up to his father’s expectations or make up for their father’s mistakes.” – Barack Obama
56. “A father’s tears and fears are unseen, his love is unexpressed, but his care and protection remain as a pillar of strength throughout our lives.” – Ama H.Vanniarachchy
57. “When you have kids, you’re responsible for their mistakes. Their mistakes, their heartaches, their happiness… you take everything on yourself!” – Zidrou
58. “A father is someone who uses their strength to protect their family, not someone who uses their strength to hurt their family.” – De philosopher DJ Kyos
59. “Dad, I just noticed the superman you are, instead of the superman I thought you were.” – Vineet Raj Kapoor
60. “Dads are most ordinary men turned by love into heroes, adventures, story-tellers, and singers of songs.” – Pam Brown
Heartwarming Dad Quotes
61. “‘ Have fun’ is my message. Be silly. You’re allowed to be silly. There’s nothing wrong with it.” – Jimmy Fallon
62. “My father used to say that it’s never too late to do anything you wanted to do. And he said, ‘You never know what you can accomplish until you try.’” – Michael Jordan
63. “She did not stand alone, but what stood behind her, the most potent moral force in her life, was the love of her father.” – Harper Lee
64. “I talk and talk and talk, and I haven’t taught people in 50 years what my father taught by example in one week.” – Maria Cuomo Cole
65. “Lately all my friends are worried they’re turning into their fathers. I’m worried I’m not.” – Dan Zevin
66. “Baby I paint the sky blue / My greatest creation was you.” – Jay-Z
67. “To a father growing old, nothing is dearer than a daughter.” – Euripides
68. “Fatherhood is the great thing that could ever happen. You can’t explain it until it happens—it’s like telling someone what water feels like before they’ve ever swam in it.” – Michael Bublé
69. “If the relationship of father to son could really be reduced to biology, the whole earth would blaze with the glory of fathers and sons.” – James A. Baldwin
70. “I remember a very important lesson that my father gave me when I was twelve or thirteen. He said, ‘You know, today I welded a perfect seam and I signed my name to it.’ And I said, ‘But, Daddy, no one’s going to see it!’ And he said, ‘Yeah, but I know it’s there.’ So when I was working in kitchens, I did good work.” – Toni Morrison
Which of these dad quotes is your favorite?
Becoming a father is known to change a man. It can cause him to see things from an entirely new perspective that he didn’t know existed before. He has a new sense of responsibility for the life that he is taking care of.
Whether, you’re a dad to biological children or you’ve stepped in the father figure role for another child, the job is an important one that can bring great rewards.
If your dad is active in your life, call him up and thank him for the things he’s done for you. If he’s no longer in your life, take a moment to fondly remember him. Or, if you didn’t have a father figure in your life, call the person that worked to fill that role and show your gratitude today.
Which of these dad quotes and sayings resonated with you best? Do you have any other favorite quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.