These Beauty and the Beast quotes will transport you right back into your childhood.
Can you remember the feelings that washed over you as you watched Beauty and the Beast back in the 90’s? The enchantment, adventure, and magic that Disney (view Disney quotes) brought made children feel like anything was possible.
The beast wins over the beautiful and quiet girl. Belle, desiring more out of her life than what the quaint village has to offer, finds an unexpected adventure that leads to love. Everyone enjoyed Gaston and Lefou’s silliness. And, who didn’t want to live in the enchanted castle with a library that had books up to the ceiling?
As you read the following Beauty and the Beast quotes, allow the child in you to come out. And, I bet you will find yourself singing along with some familiar lyrics!
For more inspiration, also check out our collection of This is Us quotes about love, family and life.
Beauty and the Beast Quotes onLove
1. “New and a bit alarming. Who’d have ever thought this could be? True that he’s no Prince Charming but there’s something in him that I simply didn’t see.” – Belle
2. “Impress her with your rapier wit. Shower her with compliments.” – Beauty and the Beast
3. “True, that he’s no Prince Charming but there’s something in him that I simply didn’t see.”- Beauty and the Beast
4. “If he could learn to love another and earn her love in return, by the time the last petal fell, then, the spell will be broken.”- Beauty and the Beast
5. “She warned him not to be deceived by appearances, for beauty is found within.”- Beauty and the Beast
6. “When the moment is right, confess your love…”- Beauty and the Beast
7. “I never felt this way about anyone. I wanna do something for her.”- Beauty and the Beast
8. “Well there’s the usual things: flowers… chocolates… promises you don’t intend to keep.” — Cogsworth
9. “Here’s where she meets Prince Charming, but she won’t discover that it’s him ’til chapter three!” – Belle
10. “I let her go… Because I love her.” – Beast
Beauty and the Beast quotes that will bring you great memories
11. “Please… Don’t leave me. I love you.” – Belle
12. “Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind.” – Belle
13. “He fell into despair and lost all hope. For who could ever learn to love a beast?”
14. “How does a moment last forever? How can a story never die?- Beauty and the Beast
15. “It is love we must hold on to, never easy, but we try.” – Beauty and the Beast
16. “Sometimes our happiness is captured, somehow a time and place stand still.” – Beauty and the Beast
17. “Love lives on inside our hearts, and always will.” – Maurice
18. “Here in town there’s only she, who is beautiful as me, so I’m making plans to woo and marry Belle!” – Beauty and the Beast
19. “I know he looks vicious, but he’s really kind and gentle.” – Beauty and the Beast
20. “Were together now. Everything’s going to be fine…” – Beauty and the Beast
21. “Did you honestly think she’d want someone like you when she had someone like me?” – Beauty and the Beast
Beautyand the Beast Quotes on Adventure
22. “I want adventure in the great-wide somewhere, I want it more than I can tell.” – Beauty and the Beast
23. “For once in might be grand to have someone understand, I want so much more than they’ve got planned!” – Beauty and the Beast
24. “Take it with you so you’ll always have a way to look back … and remember me.” – Beast
25. “My dear Belle, you’re so ahead of your time. This is a small village, and it’s small-minded, as well. But small also means safe.” – Maurice
26. “Think of the one thing that you’ve always wanted. Now find it in your mind’s eye and feel it in your heart.” – Beauty and the Beast
27. “Well, I never thanked you for not leaving me to be eaten by wolves.” – Beauty and the Beast
28. “I want much more than this provincial life.” – Belle
Also read these Moana quotes that will inspire you to set out on an adventure of your own.
Beautyand the Beast Quotes on Life
29. “You should learn to control your temper.” – Beauty and the Beast
30. “Although he had everything his heart desired, the Prince was spoiled, selfish and unkind.” – Beauty and the Beast
31. “If it’s not Baroque, don’t fix it.” – Cogsworth
32.”You don’t lose hope, love. If you do, you lose everything.” – Beauty and the Beast
33. “You don’t have time to be timid. You must be bold, daring.” – Beauty and the Beast
34. “Tale as old as time, tune as old as song, bittersweet and strange, finding you can change, learning you were wrong.” – Mrs. Potts
35. “The people think I’m odd. So, I know how it feels to be…different. And I know how lonely that can be.” – Belle
36. “Can anybody be happy if they aren’t free?” – Belle
37. “Think of the one thing that you’ve always wanted. Now find it in your mind’s eye and feel it in your heart.” – Beast
38. “There always will be a time when the world is filled with peace and love.” – Beauty and the Beast
FunBeauty and the Beast Quotes
39. “How can you read this? There’s no pictures!” “Well, some people use their imagination.” – Gaston & Belle
40. “It’s not right for a woman to read. Soon she starts getting ideas… thinking…” – Beauty and the Beast
41. “Try the grey stuff, it’s delicious! Don’t believe me? Ask the dishes!” – Lumiere
42. “You take me as your prisoner, and now you want to have dinner with me? Are you insane?” – Beauty and the Beast
43. “LeFou, I’m afraid I’ve been thinking.” “A dangerous pastime.” “I know.” – Gaston & LeFou
44. “Don’t you see? She’s the one. The girl we have been waiting for. She has come to break the spell.” – Lumiere
45. “I’m especially good at expectorating…” – Beauty and the Beast
46. “I use antlers in all of my decorating!” – Beauty and the Beast
47. When I was a lad I ate four dozen eggs every morning to help me get large! And now that I’m grown I eat five dozen eggs, so I’m roughly the size of a BARGE! – Beauty and the Beast
48. “The villagers say that I’m a funny girl. But I’m not sure they mean it as a compliment.” – Beauty and the Beast
49. “En garde, you… you overgrown pocket watch!” – Lumiere
50. “I’d like to thank you all for coming to my wedding. But first I’d better go in there and propose to the girl!” – Beauty and the Beast
Do You Remember These Beauty and the Beast Quotes?
51. “No great hunter wastes his time on rabbits.” — Gaston
52. “People say a lot of things in anger. It is our choice whether or not to listen” — Mrs. Potts
53. “You most certainly did not, you pompous, paraffin-headed peabrain!” — Cogsworth
54. “And now he’s dear, and so unsure. I wonder why I didn’t see it there before.” — Belle
55. “I just finished the most wonderful story.” — Belle
56. “When I felt lost and lonely, not a dream in my head, your words lifted my spirits high.” — Angelique
57. You are positively primeval.” — Belle
58. “I told you nothing would change. I told you the master would not allow this. I told you Christmas was a hopeless folly. But, I was wrong.” — Angelique
59. “You have to help me. You have to stand.”— Belle
60. “There goes the baker with his tray like always, the same old bread and rolls to sell, every morning just the same since the morning that we came to this poor provincial town.” — Belle
Can’t you just picture each scene?
While Beauty and the Beast may have been a fairytale created for the enjoyment of children, there are actually some great lessons that can be learned from it as adults too.
Don’t feel that just because you are no longera child, or maybe even have children of your own, that you can enjoy, delightin, and learn from these movie quotes. Lessons like not judging a book by thecover, inclusion, and the importance of kindness can be learned through thisentertaining and funny movie.
Choose a quote today that brings you great memories and encourages you to go forward in your day with a smile on your face and maybe a song stuck in your head. And, please “be our guest” by checking out some more quote articles too!
Which of these Beauty and the Beast quotes is your favorite? Do you have any other thoughtful quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.