Looking for a dose of daily inspiration? Our latest collection of women empowerment quotes was created just for you!
Women empowerment quotes to motivate you
1. “A lot of people are afraid to say what they want. That’s why they don’t get what they want.” — Madonna
2. “Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it.” — Helen Keller (see more Helen Keller quotes)
3. “Always concentrate on how far you have come, rather than how far you have left to go. The difference in how easy it seems will amaze you.” — Heidi Johnson
4. “Any woman who understands the problems of running a home will be nearer to understanding the problems of running a country.” — Margaret Thatcher
5. “As a woman, I have no country. As a woman, my country is the whole world.” —Virginia Woolf
6. “Define success on your own terms, achieve it by your own rules, and build a life you’re proud to live.” – Anne Sweeney (President of Walt Disney)
7. “Destiny is a name often given in retrospect to choices that had dramatic consequences.” — J. K. Rowling
8. “Do one thing every day that scares you.” – Eleanor Roosevelt (First Lady of The US, 1933 – 1945)
9. “Don’t be intimidated by what you don’t know. That can be your greatest strength and ensure that you do things differently from everyone else.” – Sara Blakely (Founder of Spanx – Worlds Youngest Female Billionaire)
10. “Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.” — Mother Teresa
11. “Every woman has the right to be beautiful.” — Elizabeth Arden
12. “Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead.” — Louisa May Alcott
You might also like these Women’s Day quotes and slogans to celebrate womanhood.
13. “I am an example of what is possible when girls from the very beginning of their lives are loved and nurtured by people around them. I was surrounded by extraordinary women in my life who taught me about quiet strength and dignity.” — Michelle Obama
14. “I am willing to put myself through anything, temporary pain or discomfort means nothing to me as long as I can see that the experience will take me to a new level. I am interested in the unknown, and the only path to the unknown is through breaking barriers, an often painful process.” — Diana Nyad
15. “I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.” – Audrey Hepburn (Actress)
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of quotes for girls for young women of all ages.
Powerful women empowerment quotes
16. “I don’t believe in guilt, I believe in living on impulse as long as you never intentionally hurt another person, and don’t judge people in your life. I think you should live completely free.” – Angelina Jolie (Actress/Philanthropist)
17. “I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life’s a bitch. You’ve got to go out and kick ass.” — Maya Angelou
18. “I think beauty comes from within. If you’re happy and look at life in the best way you can, even when there are problems, it can make you beautiful on the outside.” — Faith Hill
19. “I work really hard at trying to see the big picture and not getting stuck in ego. I believe we’re all put on this planet for a purpose, and we all have a different purpose… When you connect with that love and that compassion, that’s when everything unfolds.” – Ellen DeGeneres (Comedian/Personality/Philanthropist)
20. “I’ve come to believe that each of us has a personal calling that’s as unique as a fingerprint – and that the best way to succeed is to discover what you love and then find a way to offer it to others in the form of service, working hard, and also allowing the energy of the universe to lead you.” — Oprah Winfrey
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of black women quotes for a boost of inspiration.
21. “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou (Author/Poet)
22. “It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent.” — Madeleine Albright
23. “My will shall shape the future. Whether I fail or succeed shall be no one’s doing but my own. I am the force. I can clear any obstacle before me or I can be lost in the maze. My choice. My responsibility. Win or lose; only I hold the key to my destiny.” — Elaine Maxwell
24. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
25. “Nothing is impossible; the word itself says ‘I’m possible’!” — Audrey Hepburn
If you’re enjoying this article, you might also like these domestic violence quotes for support and strength.
Women empowerment quotes to elevate your perspective
26. “Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you.” – Oprah Winfrey (Entrepreneur/Personality)
27. “The most effective way to do it, is to do it.” — Amelia Earhart.
28. “We cannot change what we are not aware of, and once we are aware, we cannot help but change.” – Sheryl Sandberg (COO of Facebook)
29. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.” – Helen Keller (Author/Political Activist)
30. “You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back.” — Barbara De Angelis
You might also like these Bad Bitch quotes that will inspire confidence within you.
31. “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West
32. I, with a deeper instinct, choose a man who compels my strength, who makes enormous demands on me, who does not doubt my courage or my toughness, who does not believe me naïve or innocent, who has the courage to treat me like a woman.” — Anaïs Nin
33. Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained.” — Marie Curie
34. The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.” — Coco Chanel (see more quotes by Coco Chanel)
35. Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult.” — Charlotte Whitton
Women empowerment quotes to enlighten you
36. “Women belong in all places where decisions are being made. … It shouldn’t be that women are the exception.” – Ruth Bader Ginsburg
37. “How wrong is it for a woman to expect the man to build the world she wants, rather than to create it herself?” – Anaïs Nin
38. “There’s something so special about a woman who dominates in a man’s world. It takes a certain grace, strength, intelligence, fearlessness, and the nerve to never take no for an answer.” – Rihanna
39. “Every woman’s success should be an inspiration to another. We’re strongest when we cheer each other on.” – Serena Williams
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of inspirational quotes for women on strength and leadership.
40. “Words have power. TV has power. My pen has power.” – Shonda Rhimes
41. “I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you want to be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values.” – Ellen DeGeneres
42. “Women must learn to play the game as men do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
43. “You get in life what you have the courage to ask for.” – Oprah Winfrey
44. “I feel now that the time is come when even a woman or a child who can speak a word for freedom and humanity is bound to speak.” – Harriet Beecher Stowe
45. “Each time a woman stands up for herself, without knowing it possibly, without claiming it, she stands up for all women.” – Maya Angelou
You might also like these sister quotes they need to hear and will not forget.
More women empowerment quotes
46. “My true potential had more to do with my willingness to struggle than with my past and present circumstances.” – Hope Jahren
47. “There is no greater warrior than a mother protecting her child.” – N.K. Jemisin
48. “Gender equality is not about equality but about accepting the differences.” – SHUBHRA MOHANTY
49. “Women empowerment must never be perceived as a means of imparting arrogance to women, but a means to help them identify their talents and use those talents to make an impact.” – Gift Gugu Mona
50. “A princess attracts a prince, and a queen attracts a king. Women who whine attract men who whine. Women full of the lioness heart attract men who are full of the lion.” – Marianne Williamson
Be sure to also check out these queen quotes celebrating the women in your life.
51. “A woman that can build can destroy.” – Marion Bekoe
52. “An educated woman is a liberated nation.” – Millycent Mashele
53. “I don’t compete with women I cooperate with them.” – Marion Bekoe
54. “It is never the wishes of men but the rights of women that alter the world.” – Mantaranjot Mangat
55. “The world could not define her. She was ineffably, inimitably, and incredibly herself!” – Avijeet Das
Women empowerment quotes to help you feel strong
56. “I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will.” –Charlotte Bronte
57. “I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will.” –Jane Austen
58. “I’ve done my best, in regard to people and to life, without precepts, but with a taste for justice.” –Coco Chanel
59. “A girl should be two things: who and what she wants.” –Coco Chanel
60. “I do not wish them [women] to have power over men; but over themselves.” –Mary Wollstonecraft
61. “To call woman the weaker sex is a libel; it is man’s injustice to woman.” –Mahatma Gandhi
62. “One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.” –Shannon L. Alder
63. “Responsibility to yourself means refusing to let others do your thinking, talking, and naming for you; it means learning to respect and use your own brains and instincts; hence, grappling with hard work.” –Adrienne Rich
64. “In yourself right now is all the place you’ve got.” –Flannery O’Conner
65. “No matter what happened yesterday it is insignificant when compared to what lies within the core of your being today.” –Sandy Brewer