I had a mentor in my younger years who would always tell people about this special poem his father had him memorize while he was growing up.
The father posted this special poem on their fridge so that he and his brother could see the words from this poem every single day before going to school. You could say it was the father’s way of ensuring his kids realized the importance of taking action and striving to realize their life’s potential.
A Story of Action
This is what the poem read:
“Spring has past, summer has gone and winter is here…. And the song that I was meant to sing…. remains unsung, for I have spent my days stringing and unstringing my instrument.”
That poem was powerful because it was written by a man whose heart was filled with regret over living a life half lived. It’s was written by a man who was always getting ready to sing the great song of his life, he was always getting ready to start achieving, he was always getting ready to start fulfilling all the possibilities of what his life was meant be…but he got busy being busy. He didn’t take action, and so his life became a story of inaction.
Unfortunately, far too many people can relate to this poem. Far too many people have already become stuck in a similar cycle of never getting started on “that thing”, be it a dream, a desire, or that goal that really stirs their heart.
Potential unrealized. Happiness unrealized. A great and fulfilling life… unrealized.
If you’re reading this, and you feel like you’ve been waiting on the sidelines of life for far too long, perhaps today is the day you stop stringing and unstringing your instrument. Perhaps today is the day you stop waiting and start doing. The day that you decide that your story will be a story of action.
Here’s Your Nudge
So is it? Is today the day you start taking action on all the things you want for you and your life?
If you’re not sure, let me nudge you in the right direction. Here are 25 of the best stop waiting quotes to help you get off your butt and start taking action on your best life today.
50+ Take Action Quotes to Inspire You to Stop Waiting and Start Doing More to Make Your Dreams a Reality
1. “Shallow men believe in luck or in circumstance. Strong men believe in cause and effect.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
2. “Formula for success: rise early, work hard, strike oil.” – J. Paul Getty
3. “Do you want to know who you are? Don’t ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.” – Thomas Jefferson
4. “Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” – Dale Carnegie
5. “If you want to become a multi-millionaire in three years, no matter how much you pray and think positively, it will not happen if you do not take action.” – Robin Sharma
6. “God provides the wind, but man must raise the sails.” – St. Augustine
7. “We uncover our nature through action.” – Steven Pressfield
8. People may doubt what you say, but they will believe what you do.” – Lewis Cass
9. “Your doubts create mountains. Your actions move them.” – Mel Robbins
10. “Well done is better than well said.” – Benjamin Franklin
11. “Action is a great restorer and builder of confidence. Inaction is not only the result, but the cause, of fear.” – Norman Vincent Peale
12. “Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned.” – Peter Marshall
13. “You are what you do, not what you say you do.” – Carl Jung
14. “When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, adjust the action steps.” – Confucius
15. “If you never want to be criticized, for goodness’ sake don’t do anything new.” – Jeff Bezos
16. “There is only one proof of ability—action.” – Marie Ebner-Eschenbach
17. “Action is the foundational key to all success.” – Pablo Picasso
18. “Doing nothing gets you nothing.” – Sean Reichle
19. “Work never killed anyone. It’s worry that does the damage. And the worry would disappear if we’d just settle down and do the work.” – Earl Nightingale
20. “Dream big, start small, but most of all, start.” – Simon Sinek
22. “Nothing will work unless you do.” – Maya Angelou
21. “The only impossible journey is the one you never begin.” – Tony Robbins
Alright, you are more than halfway through our take action quotes. Be sure to keep reading till the end to fully prime yourself for massive action. Let’s go!
Related: Hustle Quotes to Inspire Action
23. “The longer you’re not taking action the more money you’re losing” – Carrie Wilkerson
24. “If you wait until you are ready, as the saying goes, you will wait forever.” – Gene Simmons
25. “For Every Reason It’s Not Possible, There Are Hundreds Of People Who Have Faced The Same Circumstances And Succeeded.” – Jack Canfield
26. “Don’t rest and don’t stop – ever. Most valuable chips you have are your mind-set, actions, persistence, and creativity.” – Grant Cardone
27. “I’m not a person who defends myself very often. I kind of let my actions speak for me.” – Tom Brady
28. “Get action. Seize the moment. Man was never intended to become an oyster.” – Theodore Roosevelt
29. “Rich people act in spite of fear. Poor people let fear stop them.” – T. Harv Eker
30. “Take action in order to move toward your goals.” – Les Brown
31. “Take action! An inch of movement will bring you closer to your goals than a mile of intention.” – Steve Maraboli
32. “You’ll never plough a field by turning it over in your mind.” – Irish Proverb
33. “Men of action are favored by the goddess of good luck.” – George S. Clason
34. “Be not afraid of going slowly. Be afraid only of standing still.” – Chinese proverb
35. “One day or day one. It’s your decision.” – Take Action Quote
36. “Thinking will not overcome fear, but action will.” – W. Clement Stone
37. “The greatest wisdom not applied to action and behavior is meaningless data.” – Peter Drucker
38. “Believe. Take action. Have confidence. Be Disciplined.” – Take Action Quotes
39. “Every action of our lives touches on some chord that will vibrate in eternity.” – E. H. Chapin
40. “An acre of performance is worth a whole world of promise.” – James Howell
41. “Knowing is not enough: we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.” – Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
42. “The best way to create a future is to set a goal and take action.” – Debasish Mridha
43. “Don’t wait until you are ready to take action. Instead, take action to be ready.” – Jensen Siaw
44. “You take action based on where you want to be, not based on where you are.” – Terry Crews
45. “It is easy to sit up and take notice. What is difficult is getting up and taking action.” – Honore de Balzac
46. “You don’t have to be great to start, but you do have to start to be great.” – Zig Ziglar
47. “If you are working on something exciting that you really care about, you don’t have to be pushed. The vision pulls you.” – Steve Jobs
48. “To wish for change will change nothing. To make the decision to take action right now will change everything.” – Nick Vujicic
49. “The future depends on what you do today.” – Mahatma Ghandi
50. “I knew that if I failed, I wouldn’t regret that, but the one thing I might regret was not trying” – Jeff Bezos
Related: Seize Your Moment Quotes
Bonus Take Action Quote
This is our last and final quote on taking action. If there is any quote you remember from this page, it should be this one. Read it, embrace it, live it!
Bonus Quote: “The path to success is to take massive determined action.” – Tony Robbins
Stop Waiting, Start Doing
Today is the day my friend. No more excuses, no more wasting time, no more putting off your dreams till tomorrow.
Leverage these take action quotes to stop waiting and start doing. You got this! Now go take some action today!
Till next time,
PS – If you enjoyed these take action quotes, then you’ll love these encouraging quotes to help you follow through on your dreams.