Enjoy reading these Qui Gon Jinn quotes from the dynamic Star Wars character.
Qui-Gon Jinn is a fictional character in the Star Wars franchise, portrayed by Liam Neeson. He first appeared in Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace (1999).
He is a main character in the prequel film trilogy, serving as one of the protagonists in Episode I, and is posthumously mentioned in Attack of the Clones (2002) and Revenge of the Sith (2005).
Liam Neeson reprised the role to voice Qui-Gon Jinn in the 2008 animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and in the 2019 film The Rise of Skywalker as a disembodied voice.
Qui-Gon becomes Obi-Wan Kenobi’s mentor after Obi-Wan completed his training with Yoda. You can see the relationship the pair have in these Qui-Gon Jinn quotes that mention Obi-Wan.
He is a powerful and wise, but controversial Jedi Master. His beliefs regarding the Force are different from the other Jedis. In The Phantom Menace, he is tasked to protect Queen Padmé Amidala of Naboo. He meets a young Anakin Skywalker, whom he believes to be the prophesied “Chosen One” who will bring balance to the Force.
Many of the Qui Gon Jinn quotes on this list reference the idea that Anakin is the chosen one. In fact, Qui Gon Jinn’s last words to Obi-Wan centered around this belief. Keep reading for more quotes.
Don’t forget to also check out these Obi Wan Kenobi quotes to awaken the force within.
Qui Gon Jinn quotes filled with valuable life advice
1. Remember, concentrate on the moment. ― Qui Gon Jinn
2. Feel. Don’t think. Use your instincts. ― Qui Gon Jinn
3. Your focus determines your reality. ― Qui Gon Jinn
4. There’s always a bigger fish. ― Qui Gon Jinn
5. Yes. But you must accept your regret the way you accept your mistakes. Then move on. ― Qui Gon Jinn
6. Whenever you gamble, my friend, eventually you lose. ― Qui Gon Jinn
7. You must never leave it to another to act in your place. ― Qui Gon Jinn
8. Being ready is your choice, my Padawan. ― Qui Gon Jinn
9. When you know why you are not ready, you will be ready. ― Qui Gon Jinn
10. Relax. ― Qui Gon Jinn
Qui Gon Jinn quotes that mention Obi-Wan
11. You’ve been a good apprentice, Obi-Wan, and you’re a much wiser man than I am. I foresee you will become a great Jedi Knight. ― Qui Gon Jinn
12. Don’t center on your anxieties, Obi-Wan. Keep your concentration here and now, where it belongs. ― Qui Gon Jinn
13. I’m not testing you, Obi-Wan. Life tests you! Every day it brings you new chances for triumph or defeat. And if you pass the test, it doesn’t make you a Jedi. It makes you human. ― Qui Gon Jinn
14. You must own the rain, Obi-Wan. It must be part of you, an extension of you. If you fight it, it will win. ― Qui Gon Jinn
15. He seems that way now perhaps, but you must look deeper, Obi-Wan. ― Qui Gon Jinn
16. I shall do what I must, Obi-Wan. ― Qui Gon Jinn
17. You bore all the responsibility for what happened. You went over and over your mistakes. You must know this, Obi-Wan—it is Anakin who chose to turn to the dark side. Grief did not push him there. You did not push him there. He made the choice. ― Qui Gon Jinn
18. [mumbles, as Obi-Wan sits him up after battle with Darth Maul] Uhh, it’s too late, it… ― Qui Gon Jinn
19. Obi-Wan, promise… Promise me you will train the boy. ― Qui Gon Jinn
20. He…is the Chosen One…he will bring balance. Train him. ― Qui Gon Jinn
Wise words found in these Qui Gon Jinn quotes
21. The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. ― Qui Gon Jinn
22. There are many realities in the universe, some of them quite harsh. One reality that is inescapable is that there is nothing more valuable than a friend. More than food, more than shelter, and more than weaponry, an ally can save your life. ― Qui Gon Jinn
23. Give a Wookiee bantha meat, and he’ll eat for a day. Teach a Wookiee to hunt bantha, and he’ll eat for a lifetime. ― Qui Gon Jinn
24. You do not recognize what truth is, so you call it a trick. That is why you are not wise, Jenna Zan Arbor. Wisdom is something you cannot identify because you cannot measure it with your instruments. ― Qui Gon Jinn
25. Life does not treat you fairly or unfairly, it merely is. It is up to each of us to be fair, or unfair. ― Qui Gon Jinn
26. Secrets must be exposed when found. Detours must be taken when encountered. And if you are the one who stands at the crossroads or the place of concealment, you must never leave it to another to act in your place. ― Qui Gon Jinn
27. I can only protect you, I cannot fight a war for you. ― Qui Gon Jinn
Qui Gon Jinn quotes that are clearly from Star Wars
28. He is the Chosen One, you must see it. ― Qui Gon Jinn
29. The Queen doesn’t need to know. ― Qui Gon Jinn
30. Anakin: You’re a Jedi Knight, aren’t you?
Qui-Gon Jinn: What makes you think that?
31. Anakin: I saw your laser sword. Only Jedi carry that kind of weapon.
Qui-Gon Jinn: Perhaps I killed a Jedi and took it from him.
32. Anakin: I don’t think so. No one can kill a Jedi.
Qui-Gon Jinn: I wish that were so.”
33. With your permission, my master, I have encountered a vergence in the Force. ― Qui Gon Jinn
34. I have little tolerance for model Dx5 security doors. ― Qui Gon Jinn
35. Anakin’s victory gave us the parts we needed, but one of us gave him something, too… a reason to win. ― Qui Gon Jinn
36. I have felt certain of many things that have not been so. There are many hidden truths in a galaxy such as ours. ― Qui Gon Jinn
37. Most beings in the galaxy do not kill without purpose. If you can discover what that purpose is, you can forestall a battle. ― Qui Gon Jinn
38. Quii-Gon: I don’t have anything else. [waves hand] But credits will do fine.
Watto: No, they won’t.
Qui-Gon: “Credits will do fine.”
39. [to Anakin] May the force be with you. ― Qui Gon Jinn
Witty, funny or shor Qui Gon Jinn quotes
40. You almost got us killed! Are you brainless? ― Qui Gon Jinn
41. I don’t presume… ― Qui Gon Jinn
42. I don’t sense anything. ― Qui Gon Jinn
43. That is the sound of a thousand terrible things all headed this way. ― Qui Gon Jinn
44. Don’t do that again. ― Qui Gon Jinn
45. Tell them we wish to board at once. ― Qui Gon Jinn
46. Let’s get out of here before more droids show up. ― Qui Gon Jinn
47. Patience, my blue friend. ― Qui Gon Jinn
48. I don’t know. I didn’t actually come here to free slaves. ― Qui Gon Jinn
49. They will kill you if you stay. ― Qui Gon Jinn
50. Not likely, we have nothing of value. That’s our problem. ― Qui Gon Jinn
Which of these Qui Gon Jinn quotes is your favorite?
Despite the council’s disapproval, Qui-Gon decides that Anakin must be trained as a Jedi. During the Battle of Naboo, he is mortally wounded in a lightsaber duel by the Sith Lord Darth Maul. This is where he pleads with Obi-Wan to take over the training of “The Chosen One.”
The character has been referenced in other Star Wars media, such as books, comics, and video games. Neeson did such an excellent job portraying that character, with some critics claiming “he helped hold the film together significantly.”
Neeson was nominated for a 2000 Saturn Award for Best Actor for his role in the film. Meanwhile, the character of Qui Gon Jinn has become quite popular amongst Star Wars fans.
What do you think of Qui Gon Jinn? Are you a Star Wars fan who wants to share some of your thoughts about the character? You can use the comment section below to share your thoughts, as well as some of your favorite Qui Gon Jinn quotes and sayings that might not have made the list.