These massage quotes and sayings will inspire you to schedule yours as soon as possible.
Do you stand on your feet all day for work? Or maybe, you sit hunched at a computer typing for 8 hours a day. Or worse yet, maybe you do a lot of lifting and bending at your job?
We demand a lot of our bodies at work, but truthfully, even our fun activities can cause muscle pain. One of the best things you can do for your body is to get regular massages.
These massage quotes for her list the many reasons why women love them and want them all the time. The massage quotes from men (ranging from athletes to politicians), about why they also get massages, prove that it is not just an activity for the ladies either!
So, what are the benefits of a full body massage?
Well, a massage is a great way to relieve muscle pain, soreness, and tension. It doesn’t matter whether this pain was caused by physical or mental stress, the massage will work it out for you.
A massage itself will also help reduce stress and encourage you to be quiet, breathe, and relax for about an hour. A massage can also help the other systems of your body function better. It can improve circulation, increase energy, and boost alertness.
A massage can also lower your heart rate and blood pressure while improving immune function. These massage quotes will list all the reasons you should schedule yours as soon as possible. Monday massages are an excellent way to start the work week off right.
Don’t forget to also check out these self-care quotes on the importance of taking care of yourself.
Massage therapy quotes for her about why we love and want them
1. “I have a massage when I want to relax. I love being pampered. I love island massages when you’re outside in the fresh air.” ― Angie Stone
2. “I love pampering myself, so going for a massage or getting a mani-pedi makes me feel instantly better. When my nails are done I feel so much better – it’s the little things that make me so happy, and you literally feel polished.” ― Jessica Lowndes
3. “When you massage someone, the levels of oxytocin go up in the brain, and oxytocin is one of the chemicals that drive attachment.” ― Helen Fisher
4. “I don’t fear death because I don’t fear anything I don’t understand. When I start to think about it, I order a massage and it goes away.” ― Hedy Lamarr
5. “An hour a week for yourself is really important – have a massage, a facial or even go for a walk alone in the park.” ― Daisy Lowe
6. “I like to have a massage therapist come to my house, get a massage, take a bath, go to bed. That’s a perfect night alone for me.” ― Stacy Keibler
7. “I get a lymphatic massage every two weeks, and afterward, I have more energy and brighter skin.” ― Hannah Bronfman
8. “If I have the opportunity, a massage or facial is a great way to take a little ‘me time.’” ― Tess Holliday
9. “I love a long, deep-tissue massage where they really get in there and remove the knots!” ― Ashley Roberts
10. “When I was living in Los Angeles, I always booked a moisturizing milk-and-honey massage the day before flying to Spain. It was heaven – I never got dry plane skin or felt stiff from sitting in one position.” ― Carolina Herrera
Inspirational massage quotes for him by men
11. “I like getting massages regularly. So much so, that I built a massage room adjacent to my office.” ― Stewart Rahr
12. “I like a deep sports massage – a casual beating up. I try to get them whenever I can, usually more if I’m getting in shape for a role.” ― Chris Pine
13. “I love a massage. I’d go every day if I could. I don’t need to be wrapped in herbs like a salmon fillet, but I do love a massage.” ― Jason Bateman
14. “Massage is the only form of physical pleasure to which nature forgot to attach consequences.” ― Robert Breault
15. “Massage is the study of anatomy in braille.” ― Jack Meagher
16. “We have nothing to fear but missing our massage appointment time.” ― Franklin D. Roosevelt
17. “There are some things in life where it’s better to receive than to give, and massage is one of them.” ― Al Michaels
18. “Never put off your massage until tomorrow if you can get it today.” ― Thomas Jefferson
19. “I try to get away from the pits as quickly as I can. I speak to my engineer when I get out of the car. Usually, there’s some press to do, then I will go off and have a shower and get my dry, clean overalls and clothing on. I’ll have a massage, stretch, and something to eat. I don’t sleep, but I try to close my eyes for a while.” ― Allan McNish
20. “I started practicing yoga. I started learning some hands-on healing stuff. And I found really good chiropractors, really good massage therapists, and what I found is I’ve been able to actually peel off layers of trauma on my body and actually move better now than I did.” ― Ricky Williams
21. “I think acupuncture, reflexology, Reiki, and Shiatsu massage are remarkable, and I used them for years to help with injuries and as a preventative measure.” ― Luke Goss
Message quotes about the health and wellness benefits
22. “Massage therapy has been shown to relieve depression, especially in people who have chronic fatigue syndrome; other studies also suggest benefit for other populations.” ― Andrew Weil
23. “The way to health is to have an aromatic bath and a scented massage every day.” ― Hippocrates
24. “Anyone wishing to study medicine must master the art of massage.” ― Hippocrates
25. “One hour getting a massage keeps the doctor away.” ― Unknown
26. “In this hectic life, we have no time to take care of ourselves, hence massage is needed for rejuvenation and stress reduction. A lot of people are looking for quick fixes: like, they are taking medications, and they are doing other things which are not healthy. But massage is very holistic and natural.” ― Nargis Fakhri
27. “I take a massage each week. This isn’t an indulgence, it’s an investment in your full creative expression/productivity/passion and sustained good health.” ― Robin S. Sharma
28. “Oil your hair and take a head massage as often as possible for better blood circulation.” ― Sridevi
29. “For many people, managing pain involves using prescription medicine in combination with complementary techniques like physical therapy, acupuncture, yoga and massage. I appreciate this because I truly believe medical care should address the person as a whole – their mind, body, and spirit.” ― Naomi Judd
30. “I get massages almost daily. Sometimes I fall asleep during the massage, but it’s very important to have deep-tissue massages because that type recovers muscles best.” ― Ana Ivanovic
31. “I count on chiropractic sessions to keep my body aligned. Standing for hours can impact my posture, and that can throw the rest of my body out of whack. Acupuncture helps me relax and release stress. I’m also very into massage to help release tension in my back, neck, and shoulders.” ― Giada De Laurentiis
I need a massage quotes for Instagram
32. “When all else fails, get a massage.” ― Unknown
33. “Massage is my cardio!” ― Unknown
34. “I’d rather be getting a massage.” ― Unknown
35. “Massages are luxuries you can’t afford to miss.” ― Unknown
36. “Massage. When your brain needs a hug.” ― Unknown
37. “Massage is very important for relaxing.” ― Andrew Tan
38. “To me luxury is to be at home with my daughter, and the occasional massage doesn’t hurt.” ― Olivia Newton-John
39. “Aromatherapy without massage is like an orchestra without a conductor.” ― Robert Tisserand
40. “I love a spa day, so put me in a hot tub and give me a massage, and I am a very happy girl.” ― Ashley Roberts
Monday Massage quotes to start your work week off right
41. “Monday blues? The answer is always a massage.” ― Unknown
42. “May your coffee be strong, and may your massage be long… Happy Monday!” ― Unknown
43. “It’s Monday, time to sparkle and shine!” ― Unknown
44. “Monday; nothing a good massage can’t fix!” ― Unknown
45. “The time to relax is when you have no time for it.” ― Sydney J. Harris
46. “The massage therapist doesn’t ask questions, the massage therapist understands.” ― Unknown
47. “3 things you must do today: schedule a massage, get a massage, and schedule your next massage.” ― Unknown
48. “Massage day is the best day of the week.” ― Unknown
49. “When you realize today is massage day.” ― Unknown
50. “Find a way to get a full-body massage every day.” ― S. Jay Olshansky
What did you learn from these massage quotes about life?
If you were looking for the perfect massage quote to caption your relaxing Instagram posts, there were several listed you can pick from. They will all perfectly capture the essence of prioritizing your body and your peace of mind in this crazy world. Now that you know why you should be getting a massage, the next question is how often do you one?
That answer really depends on why you are getting them (severe pain or relaxation) and how much you can afford to spend. I have scoliosis and some other back issues, and the chiropractor recommends a frequent massage (like once or even twice a week).
As the national average for an hour massage runs about $100, that is a little unrealistic for me. I try to go once maybe twice a month. In the time between massages though, I use the hydromassage bed at the gym and spend a few dollars on the massage chairs everywhere I see them.
Have you tried products like those before? What’s your biggest takeaway from these massage quotes and sayings? Please share your favorite ones, in the comment section below.