These Killua quotes from the series include those about the Gon, friendship, killing, death, and life. There are also some quotes from other characters from Hunter x Hunter like Gon.
Killua Zoldyck is one of the main characters on Hunter x Hunter, a popular anime and manga series. He is the third child of Silva and Kikyo Zoldyck and the heir of the Zoldyck Family.
Killua is drawn like your typical anime character and has spiky silver hair, almost translucent skin, and blue eyes, which change color depending on his mood. He runs away from home to become a Rookie Hunter.
Gon Freecss is his best friend and his traveling companion is his sister, Alluka Zoldyck, who shares her possessed body with a Dark Continent creature who they have named Nanika.
When Killua’s character was first introduced, his personality was like Gon’s: playful and mischievous. Unlike Gon, who is very polite, Killua is often rude to strangers and older people. He also has a sweet tooth and has spent a ridiculous amount of money on Chocolate Balls.
How does someone who sounds sweet and harmless become an assassin? Keep reading through these Killua quotes to find out!
Don’t forget to also check out these Kakashi quotes from the popular manga character.
Killua Zoldyck quotes about Gon and friendship
1. “If I ignore a friend I have the ability to help, wouldn’t I be betraying him?” — Killua
2. “Friends are supposed to help friends.” — Killua
3. “I want to become friends with Gon… I’m sick of killing people… I want to become friends with Gon, and to live a normal life.” — Killua
4. “You don’t need to thank friends.” — Killua
5. “I must protect him because he’s my friend. He’s the best friend I’ve ever had. I don’t ever want to lose him! Gon… he’s my friend.. My best friend!” — Killua
6. “The next time stuff like this happens, I won’t thank you for it. So if I save your life sometime in the future, don’t thank me either. It goes without saying for friends to save each other. So its lame to say thanks each time for something that goes without saying.” — Killua
7. “Gon, you are light. But sometimes you shine so brightly, I must look away… Even so, is it still okay if I stay at your side?” — Killua
8. “Gon’s suffering right now! Someone who meant a lot to him was ruthlessly altered! Even his mind was changed. As we speak, Gon’s facing against the person responsible! If you up without warning, looking like that, he won’t be able to hold it together.” — Killua
9. “So you have to promise to call him by his name first! That’s my one condition! Let him know you’re okay. He was so worried about you, up to the minute we came in here. Give him some peace of mind. Please. Put his mind at ease. Only you, Palm, can do that right now. Nobody else can reach him. Not me. I can’t help him anymore!” — Killua
10. “I won’t let you off the hook this time. You’d better make it up to me, Gon.” — Killua
Killua quotes about killing, death, and being an assassin
11. “I’m so tired of killing. I just want to be a kid. Hanging out, doing stuff with Gon. That’s it.” — Killua
12. “Not killing people is really hard. Clean living is tough.” — Killua
13. “Assassination — It’s the family trade. We all take it up. My folks see me as an exceptional prospect. But I don’t see that I should have to live up to their expectations.” — Killua
14. “Gon, let’s get in front. Yeah, and it’ll get us away from Hisoka. He’s killed and wants to kill again. The fog will make a great cover. You’re wondering how I know. Fact is, I’m like him. I can smell it in him.” — Killua
15. “I’m not an assassin anymore! I’m a hunter!” — Killua
16. “Move, and you die. Use Nen, or utter one word, and you die. Now close your eyes… You see what happens when you break promises? Open your eyes again and look at me in the mirror. Listen. Don’t you ever show your scummy face to us ever again. This is a promise you will keep.” — Killua
17. “Risking your life and throwing away your life seem alike, but are two totally different things. People who live at the brink of death never think of throwing their lives away.” — Killua
Short Killua quotes
18. “When I say it doesn’t hurt me, that means I can bear it.” — Killua
19. “People only find me interesting because they can’t tell whether I’m serious or not.” — Killua
20. “Sorry, but what’s about to happen is just me blowing off some steam.” — Killua
21. “Who wants to have their life planned out for them?” — Killua
22. “Nanika, will you forgive me for being a bad big brother?” — Killua
23. “The one who’s cursed is the one making wishes!” — Killua
24. “We didn’t do anything.. our enemies did.” — Killua
25. “It’s foolish to show your hand when the odds are against you. That’s my dad’s logic.” — Killua
26. “The stronger someone is, the better they are at hiding that strength.” — Killua
27. “You’re cool for having all these goals. I don’t have a plan… I don’t know what to do with my life.” — Killua
28. “There’s a list of things I don’t want to do. Like taking over the family business.” — Killua
Other Hunter x Hunter quotes from Gon Freecs and Hisoka
29. “If you want to get to know someone, find out what makes them angry.” — Gon Freecs
30. “If you are lying, it will be easy on my mind. I won’t have to show you any mercy. I can defeat you without hesitation.” — Gon Freecs
31. “If you’re willing to do whatever it takes, I won’t hold back.” — Gon Freecs
32. “Qualification isn’t something we have to talk about. The ones who are not okay with their success can go through training until they are.” — Gon Freecs
33. “Being able to cry for his companion. I was thinking you couldn’t cry, nor did you have a heart. But in that case why… even a little… don’t you share that feeling… with all the people you kill!” — Gon Freecs
34. “In my next life, I want to be me, and meet you again.” — Gon Freecs
35. “The grim reapers riddles don’t need anyone to answer” — Hisoka
36. “My greatest pleasure comes when such people buckle to their knees and I look down upon their disbelieving faces as their plans fail.” — Hisoka
37. “It takes a mere second for treasure to turn to trash.” — Hisoka
38. “Love and hate are two sides of the same coin.” — Hisoka
39. “Right now, I’m letting you live. And I’ll continue to keep you alive… until you’ve grown enough to become worth killing.” — Hisoka
Killua and other characters from HxH quotes about life and love
40. “Electricity won’t work on me. But that only means I can tolerate it. It still hurts. And sure it doesn’t make me happy.” — Killua
41. “We were complacent. Too confident of our powers. Both of us combined were worth less than a one-armed Kite. That was his assessment… That’s the reality. If Kite was by himself, this wouldn’t have happened. We were fools.” — Killua
42. “For the right price, you can buy not only treasures, but dreams, hearts and even people’s lives!” — Leorio Paradinight
43. “Normally, as people love and are loved, they feel happiness. When I am hated by people, that is when I feel happiness. And then I want to tear apart and inflict unimaginable harm to the things I love. But is that really all that strange, I wonder?” — Pariston Hill
44. “There are liars who only lie when there’s a reason to, and there are liars who also lie without a reason.” — Biscuit Krueger
45. “You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” — Ging Freecs
46. “An apology is a promise to do things differently next time, and to keep the promise.” — Ging Freecs
47. “In the hands of an incompetent, power brings nothing but ruins. This could only be the works of imbeciles.” — Meruem
48. “Human potential for evolution is limitless.” — Isaac Netero
49. “A beast in human’s clothing understands better than anyone how people want to be treated.” — Kurapika
50. “I want money—money can get you anything in this world.” — Leorio Paradinight
Which of these Killua quotes is your favorite?
Killua runs away from home because his home life is awful. His family is all assassins, and he undergoes some intense “training.” This leads to him developing a ruthless side, under his innocent exterior.
He has actually done some pretty horrible things like murdering another contestant while taking his hunter exam. He doesn’t show remorse, and seemingly doesn’t even have a reason for doing so, as he failed the exam because of his actions.
Despite having done some downright evil and terrible things, Killua is also shown as kind and loyal to his friends. Do you think the character is good or bad? If you think he is bad, do you think he can be redeemed?
I mean he has lived through some crazy stuff, like when his family had Illumi implant a special needle in his head to use fear to change his character, as well as to prevent him from freeing Alluka from her playroom. It is really no wonder that he is a bit off…
What are your thoughts on Killua? Do you have any other favorite Killua quotes and sayings to add? Use the comment section below to let us know!