These Interstellar quotes will take you on a journey beyond the stars.
When Interstellar hit the silver screen in 2014, critics were mesmerized by the beauty of the film. It won Academy Awards for Best Visual Effects, Best Production Design, and Best Original Score.
But beyond the beauty of the film, director Christopher Nolan created a cinematic masterpiece that explored the emotional, existential theme of the future of humanity.
These Interstellar quotes will trigger deep thoughts around time, love, and humanity, and, hopefully, inspire you to live your best life by breaking limits and making the world a better place.
Don’t forget to also check out these fun, inspiring, and fin-tastic Finding Nemo quotes.
Inspiring Interstellar movie quotes from Cooper, Tars, and more
1. “We’ve always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible.” — Cooper
2. “We count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements.” — Cooper
3. “Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.” — Cooper
4. Professor Brand: We need the bravest humans to find us a new home.
Cooper: But the nearest star is over a thousand years away.
Doyle: Hence the bravery.
5. CASE: It’s not possible.
Cooper: No. It’s necessary.
6. “The end of the Earth will not be the end of us.” — Interstellar
7. “Go further.” — Interstellar
8. Murphy: Why did you and mom name me after something that’s bad?
Cooper: Well, we didn’t.
Murphy: Murphy’s Law?
Cooper: Murphy’s Law doesn’t mean that something bad will happen. It means that whatever can happen will happen.
Famous Interstellar quotes about love
9. “It is hard leaving everything… my kids, your father..” — Cooper
10. “I love you forever and I’m coming back.” — Cooper
11. “I am sorry. I can’t watch you go through this. I am sorry. I thought I could, but I can’t. I am here. I am here for you. Just listen to my voice, Cooper. I am right here. You are not alone.” — Dr. Mann
12. “You might have to decide between seeing your children again and the future of the human race.” — Amelia
13. “Parents are the ghosts of their children’s future. I can’t be your ghost anymore Murph.” — Cooper
14. “Love is the one thing that transcends time and space. Maybe we should trust that, even if we cannot understand it.” — Dr. Brand
15. Doyle: You can’t just think about your family now. You have to think bigger than that.
Cooper: I am thinking about my family and millions of other families.”
Interstellar quotes about time
16. “Do not go gentle into that good night; Old age should burn and rave at close of day. Rage, rage against the dying of the light.” — Professor Brand
17. “Accident is the first building block of evolution.” — Amelia
18. “I’m not afraid of death. I’m an old physicist. I’m afraid of time.” — Professor Brand
19. “Maybe by the time I get back, you and I, we might be the same age. You and me. Imagine that.” — Cooper
20. “This world is not so bad. you are the one who does not belong. Born forty years too early…my daughter knew it, God bless her. And your kids know it.” — Donald
Interstellar quotes about humanity
21. “A machine doesn’t improvise well because you cannot program a fear of death. Our survival instinct is our greatest source of inspiration.” — Dr. Mann
22. Romilly: What was that?
Dr. Brand: First handshake.
23. “We have attachments. But even without a family, I can promise you that, that yearning to be with other people is powerful. That emotion is the foundation, of what makes us human.” — Dr. Mann
24. Cooper: Hey TARS, what’s your honesty parameter?
TARS: Absolute honesty is not always the most diplomatic nor the safest form of communication with emotional beings.
25. “Six billion people, just imagine that. and every last one of them trying to have it all.” — Donald
26. “We got this far on our brains, farther than any humans in history.” — Dr. Brand
Interstellar quotes about leaving Earth
27. “We used to look up at the sky and wonder at our place in the stars, now we just look down and worry about our place in the dirt.” — Cooper
28. Cooper: Everybody ready to say goodbye to our Solar System?
Romilly: To our galaxy.
29. “We must confront the reality that nothing in our solar system can help us…We are not meant to save the world. We are meant to leave it, and this is the mission you were trained for.” — Dr. Brand
30. “Mankind was born on Earth. It was never meant to die here.” — Cooper
31. “This world’s a treasure, but it’s been telling us to leave for a while now.” — Cooper
32. “The Earth looks amazing from here.” — Cooper
33. “If we don’t want to repeat of the excess and wastefulness of the 20th Century then we need to teach our kids about this planet, not tales of leaving it.” — Ms Hanley
More of the best Interstellar quotes and dialogues
34. “Then get out there and save them. We must reach far beyond our own lifespans. We must think not as individuals but as species. We must confront the reality of interstellar travel.” — Professor Brand
35. Dr. Brand: I’m not going to make it.
Cooper: Yes, you are. Yes, you are.
36. “When I was a kid, it seemed like they made something new everyday. Some, gadget or idea, like every day, was Christmas.” — Donald
37. “Mankind’s next step will be our greatest.” — Interstellar
38. “Newton’s third law. You gotta leave something behind.” — Cooper
39. “Maybe we’ve spent too long trying to figure this out with theory.” — Amelia
40. “Today is my birthday. And it’s a special one because you once told me that when you came back, we might be the same age. Well, now I’m the same age that you were when you left…and it’d be really great if you come back soon.” — Murphy
41. TARS: I have a cue light I can use to show you when I am joking if you like.”
Cooper: That might help.
TARS: Yeah, you can use it to find your way back to the ship after I blow you out the airlock. [cue light flashes]
42. Cooper: Humour, 75%.
TARS: Confirmed. Self destruct in T minus 10,9…
Cooper: Let’s make that 60%.
TARS: 60%, confirmed. Knock Knock.
Cooper: You want 55%?
43. Cooper: What’s your trust setting, TARS?
TARS: Lower than yours, apparently.
44. “Perhaps we’ve just forgotten that we are still pioneers.” — Cooper
45. “TARS talks plenty for both of us.” — CASE
46. “Cooper, this is no time for caution.” — CASE
47. “Everybody good? Plenty of slaves for my robot colony?” — TARS
48. “You’re telling me it takes two numbers to measure your own ass but only one to measure my son’s future?” — Cooper
49. “Actually we want to get there in one piece.” — Dr. Brand
50. “Nobody believed me, but I knew you’d come back.” — Murphy
Which Interstellar quotes are your favorites?
Interstellar was not Christopher Nolan’s highest-grossing film. In fact, it was his sixth most successful feature, falling behind the Batman trilogy, Inception, and Dunkirk. However, despite not keeping up at the box office, Interstellar was one of the most talked-about films in 2014.
Aside from being absolutely stunning to watch, Interstellar had an emotional script that prompted the audience to think deep thoughts about existence and the future of humanity. The film taught the viewer lessons of constant change, undying persistence, and love.
We hope you enjoyed these Interstellar quotes and lines. Let us know which quote you liked best in the comments below.