These Henry Rollins funny quotes will make you laugh hard and think deeply.
Henry Rollins is a musician, comedian, and activist known for his witty and wise takes on politics. His wide range of skills and accomplishments will impress you. As you read these Henry Rollins quotes, you will gain a deeper appreciation for his ideas, talent, and hard work. Whether you know Henry Rollins from his music, acting, speeches, standup, or from somewhere else, you’ll love this collection of inspirational quotes.
What is the secret to becoming a versatile and successful person? This list of quotes includes funny jokes, Henry Rollins’ spoken word, and clever political commentary. Henry Rollins is proof that you can accomplish anything if you are passionate about your cause and willing to put in the effort.
If you’re interested in learning more about this successful individual, read this collection of quotes along with any Henry Rollins books.
Don’t forget to also check out these Louis C.K. quotes about life and comedy.
Inspirational Henry Rollins Quotes on Life and Politics
1. “Sometimes the truth hurts. And sometimes it feels real good.” – Henry Rollins
Everyday Application: The truth doesn’t change. A truth can be hurtful but it can also ultimately set you free. Accepting a truth that is hard to hear of acknowledge can set you on a new path that leads to wonderful things and life changing revelations. It might hurt, but it might be just the thing that makes you feel real good.
2. “Scar tissue is stronger than regular tissue. Realize the strength, move on.” – Henry Rollins
Everyday Application: This is simple biology. Scar tissue is strong than skin, because scars are made of fiber, and not skin cells. The collagen proteins form in one direction making the skin less elastic. When you go through something, and you heal, you are stronger. Recognize that and be the warrior you are.
3. “My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.” – Henry Rollins
Everyday Application: If you want things to change, you can’t just sit by idly. You have to be loud and intense. Face your situation with an attitude that implies you came to play. Be prepared to not be pushed around!
4. “You need a little bit of insanity to do great things.” – Henry Rollins
Everyday Application: It takes a little of what people call insanity to persist trying something repeatedly. In fact, a popular definition of insanity, “doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result,” could be used to describe Edison’s quest to create the light bulb!
5. “In winter, I plot and plan. In spring, I move.” – Henry Rollins
Everyday Application: Just like the year has seasons, so does our life. There is a season for thinking and planning. Then there is a time for action. We can not plot and plan and never take moves. However, we can’t always act without thinking either. Both are important.
6. “It’s sad when someone you know becomes someone you knew.” – Henry Rollins
7. “Hope is the last thing a person does before they are defeated.” – Henry Rollins
8. “Don’t do anything by half. If you love someone, love them with all your soul. When you go to work, work your ass off. When you hate someone, hate them until it hurts.” – Henry Rollins
9. “Loneliness adds beauty to life. It puts a special burn on sunsets and makes night air smell better.” – Henry Rollins
10. “Keep your blood clean, your body lean, and your mind sharp.” – Henry Rollins
Henry Rollins quotes to motivate you
11. “Nothing brings people together more, then mutual hatred.” – Henry Rollins
12. “I believe that one defines oneself by reinvention. To not be like your parents. To not be like your friends. To be yourself. To cut yourself out of stone.” – Henry Rollins
13. “I’m not interested in censorship. I like the First Amendment very much.” – Henry Rollins
14. “When you are young, there is so much ahead of you, it’s like the Saharan desert. You can’t even see across it.” – Henry Rollins
15. “Weakness is what brings ignorance, cheapness, racism, homophobia, desperation, cruelty, brutality, all these things that will keep a society chained to the ground, one foot nailed to the floor.” – Henry Rollins
16. “Everyone who knows me knows that I’m a hopeless romantic who listens to love ballads and doo-wop songs all the time.” – Henry Rollins
17. “You must never lower yourself to being a person you don’t like.” – Henry Rollins
18. “When people hold you in high esteem, it’s very delicate relationship. When they meet you they’re putting all their chips up. It’s make or break.” – Henry Rollins
19. “Pizza makes me think that anything is possible.” – Henry Rollins
20. “We all learn lessons in life. Some stick, some don’t. I have always learned more from rejection and failure than from acceptance and success.” – Henry Rollins
Henry Rollins quotes to lift your mood
21. “If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light, If I lose paper and ink, I will write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always. I will capture nights all over the world and bring them to you.” – Henry Rollins
22. “When you start to doubt yourself the real world will eat you alive.” – Henry Rollins
23.“There is not one single police officer in America that I am not afraid of and not one that I would trust to tell the truth or obey the laws they are sworn to uphold. I do not believe they protect me in any way.” – Henry Rollins
24. “Where there is young people and vitality, you’re going to find punk rock.” – Henry Rollins
25. “I am on until I am dead, like a light bulb.” – Henry Rollins
26. “I think that humans have a huge capacity to carry pain and sadness. There are things that haunt us our entire lives; we are unable to let them go. The good times seem almost effervescent and dreamlike in comparison with the times that didn’t go so well.” – Henry Rollins
27. “To this day, my haircut is the number two clippers, which I apply to myself every month.” – Henry Rollins
28. “I don’t believe in fate or destiny. I believe in various degrees of hatred, paranoia, and abandonment. However much of that gets heaped upon you doesn’t matter – it’s only a matter of how much you can take and what it does to you.” – Henry Rollins
29. “Now and then, someone is able to look at an empty space, conclude it would be a great place to start a revolution, and bravely go forward.” – Henry Rollins
30. “It is only our humanity that can deliver us from the brutality of our achievements.” – Henry Rollins
Henry Rollins quotes that will brighten your day
31. “Life will not break your heart. It’ll crush it.” – Henry Rollins
32. “I wasn’t playing the music, the music was playing me… and once that went away, and I had the feeling I was playing music, I had to stop. The need to go on stage and get my brain flattened every night left me, and what I didn’t wanna do is go onstage and perpetrate a fraud… You cannot fool an audience.” – Henry Rollins
33. “Questioning anything and everything, to me, is punk rock.” – Henry Rollins
34. “If the Constitution was a movie, the Preamble would be the trailer, the First Amendment the establishing shot, the 13th the crowd-pleaser, and the 14th the ultimate hero scene.” – Henry Rollins
35. “With any advent in technology, any technological innovation, there is the good and the bad.” – Henry Rollins
36. “I think it’s fantastic when the young enrage their elders. I really do believe that if it’s too loud, you are indeed too old and that if it has been standing for too long, it needs a thorough inspection.” – Henry Rollins
37. “The only difference between me and others is that they think they can change something with cute little poems, nice cards, or embracing trees and being nice to little lapdogs.” – Henry Rollins
38. “When I’m off the road, and I can really control my diet down to the calorie, I juice seven days a week. Every afternoon, whatever I have at hand, beets, carrots, ginger, whatever. I juice, literally, every single day. And on the road, I try to find fresh juice wherever I can.” – Henry Rollins
39. “If I had to live my life in anticipation of what others thought of me, little would get done.” – Henry Rollins
40. “The kid who throws his spaghetti from the high chair onto his father’s face, he’s pushing back. He’s sticking it to the man as he sees it. I like that. So that is punk.” – Henry Rollins
More Henry Rollins quotes
41. “When you’re going into an employment environment that looks pretty scary, it is easy to lose your moral compass, your decency, your sense of civility, and your sense of community.” – Henry Rollins
42. “To hate is to show you still care, who needs that, focus on what’s really important.” – Henry Rollins
43. “I am an optimist because I want to change things for the better and I know that blood has to be spilled and disharmony and cruelty are necessary to do that.” – Henry Rollins
44. “Maybe I’m just a psycho, and the stage is a better place to go than either the loony bin or somewhere else.” – Henry Rollins
45. “I think self-reliance and self-responsibility and self-accountability will help you as a parent, a teacher, as a citizen as a friend.” – Henry Rollins
46. “The month of November makes me feel that life is passing more quickly. In an effort to slow it down, I try to fill the hours more meaningfully.” – Henry Rollins
47. “I try to get myself up and moving as early as possible. Optimum is to be on the treadmill while it is still dark outside.” – Henry Rollins
48. “Music keeps you young. Having music in your life keeps you open to things.” – Henry Rollins
49. “I get angry about stuff, I get very emotionally intense about stuff and that’s how I get it out – with books, with the band, on my own on stage, but it’s always kind of a wail.” – Henry Rollins
50. “One person’s disaster is another person’s talking point.” – Henry Rollins
What are your favorite Henry Rollins quotes on politics, love, and travel?
There are many reasons to be a Henry Rollins fan. As a singer and musician, he’s known for his work with Black Flag and for his solo releases. As a speaker, author, and presenter, Henry Rollins is beloved for his wisdom and insight. As a comedian, people love Henry Rollins funny quotes and witty commentary.
This collection of Henry Rollins quotes on life will inspire you to be the change you want to see in the world. If you do the right thing and learn as much as you can in life, you will be able to accomplish great things. Read these quotes to change your mindset and your mood for a more fulfilling future.
What are your favorite Henry Rollins quotes and sayings on life, love, and politics? Let us know in the comment section below.