Take a look at these insightful healthcare quotes and remember that health is wealth!
The word healthcare means different things to different people. Some folks might think of their insurance provider and access to medical services, others may think of their personal self-care; the health of their mental, spiritual, and physical well-being.
Some would see it as the maintenance or improvement of health via the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, amelioration, or cure of disease, illness, injury, and other physical and mental impairments in people.
With those varied definitions come varied opinions and practices. Exposure to different opinions and perspectives allows us to increase our understanding.
Hopefully, these healthcare quotes from doctors, wellness experts, health consultants, health administrators, philosophers and great minds get you thinking. As we mature as a species and continue to evolve our healthcare practices shall also improve.
Don’t forget to also check out these health quotes that will motivate you to make changes.
Healthcare Quotes From the Wise
1. “Wherever the art of medicine is loved, there is also a love of humanity.” – Hippocrates
2. “The art of medicine consists of amusing the patient while nature cures the disease.” – Voltaire
3. “Prevention is better than cure.” —Unknown
4. “Health is not valued till sickness comes.” – Thomas Fuller
5. “Helping those in need is not charity, it’s humanity.” – Abhijit Naskar
6. “Good health and good sense are two of life’s greatest blessings.” —Publilius Syrus
7. “It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.” — Mahatma Gandhi
8. “No doctor knows everything. There’s a reason why it’s called “practicing” medicine.” – Anonymous
9. “Healthy citizens are the greatest asset any country can have.” —Winston S. Churchill
10. “Good health shapes an expression of experiences.” – Arif Naseem
11. “Health and healthcare are not synonymous.” – Archelle Georgiou
12. “Cannabis is just way too healthy for a sick health care system” – Sebastian Marincolo
13. “America’s healthcare system is neither healthy, caring, nor a system.” – Walter Cronkite
14. “Exercise promotes positive self-image and good well-being.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
15. “Celebrities are not health experts.” – Abhijit Naskar
16. “Illness has a lot to teach wellness.” – Matt Haig
17. “The first wealth is health.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
18. “Every single journey of your life starts with a healthy mind and a healthy journey” – Jitendra Attra
19. “It is hard to talk about a middle ground for something that is a fundamental right.” – Teri Reynolds
20. “There is no illness that is not exacerbated by stress.” – Allan Lokos
Questioning Your Healthcare Quotes
21. “Teachers and nurses get the best seats in heaven.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
22. “The health care bill is nothing about health care- it’s about controlling the people.” – David Lincoln
23. “As grandmothers used to say, ‘Better to pay the grocer than the doctor” – Michael Pollan
24. “Modern allopathic medicine is the only major science stuck in the pre-Einstein era.” – Charlotte Gerson
25. “It is important that USA healthcare workers realize that New York City is a 5G wireless radiation hot zone.” – Steven Magee
26. “Healthy children will not fear life if their elders have integrity enough not to fear death.” – Erik H Erikson
27. “It would not be possible to praise nurses too highly.” – Stephen Ambrose
28. “Births and cancer treatments are so expensive, it’s a luxury to live, a privilege to die.” – J. Andrew Schrecker
29. “The current system is broken. We need to move towards an era of disease prevention and personalized medicine.” – Emmanuel Fombu
30. “Keeping your body healthy is an expression of gratitude to the whole cosmos – the trees, the clouds, everything.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
31. “Most people can afford healthcare and education in the age group when both these things are not relevant.” – D. S. Pandit
32. “The medicalization of American life from birth to death is killing our souls.” – Hattie Bryant
33. “Everyone deserves fair access to quality food, nutritional education,and adequate health care.” – Donna Maltz
34. “Having free healthcare is easy, just eliminate the health insurance companies.” – James Thomas Kesterson Jr
More Healthcare Quotes
35. “The aim of medicine is to prevent disease and prolong life; the ideal of medicine is to eliminate the need of a physician.” – William J. Mayo
36. “Politicians are interested in the health of the people like predators savor live prey.” – A.E. Samaan
37. “Health care and education are too important NOT to be left to the free market.” – Kevin D. Williamson
38. “The bad news is that our healthcare system does not provide any added values that come along with paying more.” – Kat Lahr
39. “The human body is a miraculous instrument that instinctively knows what it needs. Unfortunately, the human ego often drives us not to listen.” – Shawn Wells
40. “It is much more important to know what sort of patient has a disease than what sort of disease a patient has.” – William Osler
41. “The collective principle asserts that … no society can legitimately call itself civilized if a sick person is denied medical aid because of lack of means.” – Aneurin Bevan
42. “The more we see health as a practice rather than as a problem to fix, the more we encourage the body’s natural potential to be healthy.” – Aarti Patel
43. “I associate hospitals with florescent lights, radio frequency exposure and toxic air.” – Steven Magee
44. “It’s now so dysfunctional that I sometimes think the only solution is to blow the whole thing up.” – Glenn Melnick
45. “One of the main reasons for market failure in the U.S. healthcare industry is because we are uninformed consumers.” – Kat Lahr
46. “High-quality medication and swift access to treatment must be provided to all free of cost. There should be no difference in the treatment received by the high-powered and the weakest in the state.” – Shivanshu K. Srivastava
47. “Healthcare authorities neglect the role of psychological factors in pandemic related infection even though these factors are important for many reasons.” – Steven Taylor
48. “Any humane, modern society must provide a reliable, well-financed, state-of-the-art health system, which supports and promotes a prosperous and morally responsible society.” – Joseph Rain
49. “Here is the problem: Poor Americans consume too little healthcare, especially preventive healthcare. Other Americans—often rich Americans—consume too much healthcare, often unwisely, and sometimes to their detriment. The American healthcare system combines famine with gluttony.” – Otis Webb Brawley
50. “If there is one thing I’ve learned about hospitals, it’s that they aren’t interested in healing you. They are interested in stabilizing you, and then everyone is supposed to move on. They go to stabilize some more people, and you go off to do whatever you do. Healing, if it happens at all, is done on your own, long after the hospital has submitted your final insurance paperwork.” – Eric Nuzum
51. “Medicine is not only a science; it is also an art. It does not consist of compounding pills and plasters; it deals with the very processes of life, which must be understood before they may be guided.” – Paracelsus
What did you learn from these healthcare quotes?
Yes, our individual health starts with ourselves, but global healthcare is one of the most important issues facing humanity. After all, it is understood that being free from illness impacts our lives and those around us.
While life expectancy rates, in general, have increased across planet earth, we still have many areas of improvement to work on. There are still several countries on the planet where the average life expectancy is still less than 60 years old.
Old is a relative term. At a certain point in life, we are as young or as old as we feel. While some folks think about growing “old” into their eighties, there are whole countries of people who do not make it out of their fifties.
So while healthcare continues to improve, hopefully, we can create a planet where all human beings are at least guaranteed the maximum amount of healthy decades to enjoy.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these healthcare quotes and sayings? Do you have any other favorite quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.