Akira Toriyama inspired the lives of thousands of kids worldwide when he created the world of Dragon Ball in 1984. Now, more than 30 years later, these Dragon Ball Z quotes will take you back to your childhood.
Dragon Ball Z is the continuation of the tale of Goku and his friends Akira Toriyama created in Dragon Ball. The animated series is a story of adventure, power, friendship, and passion as told through the lens of Goku and his friends as they save the world from various bad guys who come to attack it.
The show ran for nine seasons and every year the show reinforced its core theme that good will always triumph over evil.
Don’t forget to also check out these iconic ‘Training Day’ quotes.
Motivational Dragon Ball Z (DBZ) quotes
1. “I could go one step farther If I wanted to.” – Goku
2. “Me, personally, I like to work and train.” – Goku
3. “Sometimes, we have to look beyond what we want and do what’s best.” – Piccolo
4. “Death is simply another stage of our life.” — Grand Elder Guru
5. “Push through the Pain. Giving Up Hurts More.” — Vegeta
6. ”Hey, don’t get ahead of yourself. You haven’t beaten us yet.” — Goku
7. “I do not fear this new challenge. Rather like a true warrior I will rise to meet it.” – Vegeta
Funny Dragon Ball Z quotes and lines
8. “The ocean is so salty because everyone pees in it.” – Goku
9. “An angel? So Whis is an angel? But he’s got no wings, and his butt’s not hanging out.” – Goku
10. “My ears do more than just frame my face.” – Piccolo
11. “Look Goku, you can go out in public and have your hair sticking out in every direction if you want to, but not me!” – Bulma Briefs
12. “Now all that is left is the destruction of earth, but I think it would be a waste to destroy it. The food of this planet is very delicious.” – Beerus
13. ”I have a family of my own I need to tend to. Two boys and a wife. An extremely angry wife who probably wants to kill me right now.” — Goku
14. “There are three things I cannot tolerate: cowardice, bad haircuts, and military insurrection. It is very unfortunate that our friend Vegeta possesses all three of these.” — Frieza
Famous Dragon Ball Z quotes about action
15. “Your new form is burning through more power than your body can supply. You should have waited until you were used to this form and knew how to regulate it before you started picking fights.” – Goku
16. “Hey hun! I’ve got a great idea, let’s trade! Yo take my spot and I’ll fight Hercule!” – Krillin
17. “Kakarot, you’re quite impressive. I never stood a chance against Buu, you’re the only one who can fight him. I think I finally understand how a genius like myself can’t surpass you. I thought it was because you had something to protect. I thought your drive to protect allowed you to take advantage of your capabilities… this may have been a reason, but not I too have this drive. I fought to do as I wished, because it was fun to kill my enemies and feed my pride. But he’s different, he fights not to win but because he absolutely won’t lose, causing him to break his limits and he really doesn’t care who his opponent is. So when he didn’t kill me, it was because he saw I could care for others, like I do now… Go Kakarot, you’re number one!” – Vegeta
18. “He has beaten me completely. First by his own actions and then through his son’s. And what has he left for me here? How? How could you die like that? How, Kakarot? I’ll never have the chance…to prove my strength against you. You died without fear. What does that make of me? I am no warrior. And I will never fight again.” – Vegeta
19. “Where is your honor!? Like all pure-blooded Saiyans, Kakarot would rather die fighting than win with one of those disgraceful senzu beans as his crutch! Kakarot trained in the hyperbolic time chamber just as we did! Now let’s see what he can do!” – Vegeta
20. “You’re about to find out what it’s like to fight a real super saiyan… and I’m not talking about Goku.” — Trunks
21. “Even the Mightiest Warriors Experience fears. What makes them a true Warrior is the courage that they possess to overcome their fears.” — Vegeta
Dragon Ball Z quotes about love
22. “I would rather be a brainless monkey than a heartless monster.” – Goku
23. “Gohan, you showed me that power is nothing without being guided without love.” – Piccolo
24. “Trunks, I never hugged you as a baby… let me hug you.” – Vegeta
25. “Trunks, Bulma, I’m doing this for you. And yes, even for you, Kakarot.” – Vegeta
26. ”You see, when you take life, you live deep in fear that your life will be taken away as well. When you harm others, you’re only just harming yourself” — Goku
The best Dragon Ball Z quotes
27. “Power comes in response to a need, not a desire. You have to create that need.” – Goku
28. “If I win, promise you won’t destroy the earth.” – Goku
29. “Even with the energy you took from me, my power is still far greater than your own.” – Piccolo
30. “You’ll laugh at your fears when you find out who you are.” – Piccolo
31. “First we’re the milkmen, and now we’re stinkin’ farmers. We never did this in Orin Temple.” – Krillin
32. “Nobody preaching about justice is ever a good guy.” – Beerus
33. “I am a god with a heart, but there’s one thing I cannot tolerate… people who don’t pay their proper respect to others.” – Beerus
34. “Before creation… must come destruction!” – Beerus
35. “What’s wrong Frieza? Is your brain another one of your weak and under used muscles?” – Vegeta
36. “Let me ask you. Does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?” – Vegeta
37. “There’s no such thing as fair or unfair in battle. There is only victory or in your case, defeat.” – Vegeta
38. “Are you ready now to witness a power not seen for thousands of years?” – Vegeta
39. “You may have invaded my mind and body but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps… his pride!” — Vegeta
40. “Welcome to the end of your Life! And, I promise it’s going to hurt.” — Vegeta
41. ”Maybe you’ll come back someday as…as a better person, I hope. I’d like that. Perhaps we’ll have a little one on one.” — Goku
42. ”I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you” — Goku
More great Dragon Ball Z quotes
43. “Yamcha, I was worried about you. For all I knew, you were dead in a ditch in a country you can’t pronounce. You’ll have to make this up to me. And you’re going to enjoy it.” – Bulma Briefs
44. “You failed to protect your planet, because of your own leniency. The only way to avoid this outcome is to send Frieza back to his flower garden.” – Whis
45. “Well, I wonder what the prince would do if he knew, you authorized Planet Vegeta’s destruction from the start?” – Whis
46. “It seems Saiyans have changed since the last time I saw them. They have become cowardly.” – Beerus
47. “Anyone stronger than the god of destruction does not exist.” – Beerus
48. “I find it hard to believe that my cells are in your body. How could you have turned out so ugly? What a waste. Although, it’s obvious where you’ve gotten most of your strength.” – Vegeta
49. “Kakarot… please… destroy Frieza… He made me what I am. Don’t… let him… do it… to anyone else. Whatever it take… Stop him… Please.” – Vegeta
50. “Never send a boy to do a man’s job.” — Vegeta
Did these Dragon Ball Z quotes take you back to the ‘90s?
Dragon Ball Z aired from 1989 to 1996, making it a core part of the millennial childhood. The Japanese anime used a combination of action, adventure, and comedy to capture the hearts of children worldwide.
Dragon Ball Z taught children the power of friendship and teamwork. It showed the importance of setting challenges for yourself and pushing yourself to reach your goals.
And it reminded children to never lose hope. These important lessons and more were reflected in the adventures of Goku and friends throughout the series’ nine-season run.
Did you enjoy these Dragon Ball Z quotes and lines? Which quote was your favorite? Let us know in the comments below!