These Bring It On quotes from the original and subsequent films will have you reliving all the drama-filled moments of the iconic cheer competition.
Bring It On, the 2000 American teen cheerleading comedy film has become a cult classic that inspired a six-film series.
The original was directed by Peyton Reed and written by Jessica Bendinger. The movie stars Kirsten Dunst, Eliza Dushku, Jesse Bradford, and Gabrielle Union. The original was a box office success, earning nearly $90 million.
However, none of the five films that followed it featured any of the original cast. If you are a big fan of the movie, you might have heard that there is a Halloween television film planned for Halloween of 2022!
There is a lot of work that goes into these types of competitions, and the work ethic of teams like the one in Bring It On often goes unrecognized. As a dance mom, I can tell you that the film only exaggerated slightly!
My daughter once had a complete come apart over having to wear false eyelashes… These Bring It On quotes will take you inside the world of competitive dance and cheer.
Don’t forget to also check out these cheer quotes that make you want to join the squad
Bring It On quotes from the first movie
1. “I transferred from Los Angeles, your school has no gymnastics team, this is a last resort!” ― Missy
2. “OK, so I’ve never cheered before. So what? How about something that actually requires neurons?” ― Missy
3. “I define being the best as competing against the best there is out there and beating them. They have to go.” ― Torrance Shipman
4. Torrance Shipman: “You know, mothers have killed to get their daughters on squads.”
Christine Shipman: “That mother didn’t kill anybody. She hired a hitman.”
5. “See, I’m a hardcore gymnast. No way jumping up and down yelling “Go Team Go!” is gonna satisfy me.” ― Missy
6. “We’re gymnasts too, except no beams, no bars, no vault.” ― Torrance Shipman
7. Courtney: “Darcy thinks she should get captain ’cause her dad pays for everything.”
Whitney: “He should use some of that money to buy her a clue.”
8. “You wanna make it right? Then when you go to Nationals… bring it. Don’t slack off because you feel sorry for us. That way, when we beat you, we’ll know it’s because we’re better.” ― Isis
9. “Courtney, this is not a democracy, it’s a cheerocracy. I’m sorry, but I’m overruling you.” ― Torrance Shipman
10. “You are being a cheer-tator Torrance and a pain in my ass!” ― Courtney
Bring It On quotes from Bring It On: Again
11. “I want you to know that just by trying out today, you’re already a winner. Unless of course you get cut, in which case, technically a loser.” ― Tina Hammersmith
12. “This next track is dedicated to all the guys out there whose hearts have been ripped out of their chests and devoured for breakfast by cute, peppy, social climbing blonde girls. Gimme a hey, gimme a ho, gimme a I Don’t Know You Any More. I know it sucks.” ― Derek
13. “Well, what I lose in scholarships, I gain in testicles!” ― Greg
14. “Sweety, no double earrings. You’re a state cheerleader, not a state HOOKER!” ― Tina Hammersmith
15. Greg: “That’s right, I quit too!”
Tina Hammersmith: “Greg you’ll lose your cheerleading scholarship.”
Greg: “That’s right, I’m stayin here! But under a cloud of shame!”
16. “Whit, what is a sign without glitter? That is why no one showed up!” ― Monica Jones
17. “Congratulations, my little pumpkins. You have now joined the best of the best of the best. From here on out, you must be the bomb diggity.” ― Tina Hammersmith
18. “You must eat leaner, train meaner, jump higher, yell louder and out-pep anyone who stands in your way. You must brush better, floss better, later rinse-and-repeat better and in other words you must *be* better in every aspect of your life. Are you ready for all that?” ― Tina Hammersmith
19. “So make like a Tom, and cruise.” ― Marni Potts
20. “The Nutcracker is a patriarchal ballet. The only good thing in the Nutcracker is the rats and they die!” ― Penelope Hope
Bring It On Quotes from Bring It On: All or Nothing
21. “Jesse, it’s cute you tryin to be in choreography and all, but you just stick to finding us the beats, all right, boo?” ― Camille
22. Camille: “You are too hot to beg.”
Kirresha: “I know, but he’s just so fine. I’m willing to make an exception.”
23. “Do it again and I am plucking grapes or in your case, raisins. Got it?” ― Britney
24. “You think that if we don’t have books we’d have computers? I’m glad you have a sense of humor. Now find a seat.” ― Mrs. Webster
25. “Damn. Vanilla latte’s got skills.” ― Leti
26. “I think it’s caffeine withdrawal. Coffee’s like crack to white people.” ― Leti
27. “I feel scared, maybe a little nauseous but I definitely don’t feel lucky.” ― Britney
28. “Shh. I’m a quarterback, babe. People expect me to score.” ― Brad
29. Britney: “So? I was captain at my old school”
Camille: “And now you go to my school. So I guess that makes you nothing.”
30. “Oh I know her. Little miss fancy fingernails, shimmy-shimmy lip gloss Barbie. She ain’t got what it takes to be a Warrior.” ― Camille
Bring It On quotes from Bring It On: In It To Win It & Bring It On: Fight to the Finish
31. “You know what this really needs to pop? The blood of a virgin.” ― Sarah In It To Win It
32. “This is like a total cheer-clipse of the sun!” ― Chelsea In It To Win It
33. “Just because you skanks go all the way, doesn’t mean your team will.” ― Brooke In It To Win It
34. “Just so you know, I’m not mad anymore. I myspaced it all out of my system.” ― Aisha In It To Win It
35. “Oh girl, you know a Cheer Crip can’t be hittin’ it with a Cheer Blood.” ― Aisha In It To Win It
36. “Y’all lucky I found Jesus.” ― Treyvonetta
37. “Listen here, jalapeno.” ― Kayla
38. “Someone just had a cheer-gasm.” ― Skyler
39. “Mama said I can’t be in no gang.” ― Treyvonetta
Bring It On quotes from Bring It On: Worldwide #Cheersmack
40. “Don’t act like you’re not sweating through your sports bra over this. Destiny, we need to shake things up. Draw out our old routines and start fresh.” ― Willow
41. “Okay, first of all, I don’t sweat, I glisten. And we’re not gonna throw out all of our *winning* routines just because some team challenged us, Willow.” ― Destiny
42. “It’s fifteen seconds. Who can’t shine in fifteen seconds?” ― Destiny
43. “Look, I know this isn’t perfect. But I’m not about to get humiliated twice in one day. So perform your little well-toned asses off.” ― Destiny
44. “Guys are always trying to get into my pants and now I have to worry about them getting into my head, too?” ― Hannah
45. “I just feel that we’re doing this to win championships, to get the judges’ approval, and not because we love it, that’s all.” ― Willow
46. “Cheer Goddess, grant me the strength I need to deal with the nasty comments and the embarrassment. I’ve learned from your teachings to lead by example. Still, you and I both know the Rebels would be nothing without me. And that’s not me being conceited.” ― Destiny
47. “I’m just a natural-born leader, like Jesus with a high pony.” ― Destiny
48. “Cheerleaders don’t get nervous. They get ready.” ― Destiny
49. “We’ve got this, Destiny. We’re champions, they’re rookies.” ― Hannah
50. “Destiny, did the truth shake you down to the soles of your trainers?” ― Cheer Goddess
Which of these Bring It On quotes is your favorite?
The film may have made a ton of money, and amassed a giant fanbase, but the critics were not so sure about the movie. The film was able to maintain a PG-13 rating, despite pushing the ‘sex aspects of cheerleading’ as far as they could.
Roger Ebert used the film to point out a trend of films at the time. He argued that producers and other film professionals were dumbing down their material to avoid an R rating and increase the movie’s profits.
This film is more authentic than you might think too! Actors were expected to have a cheer prepared before coming to audition for the film.
The powers that be didn’t want to use stunt doubles so the actors who ultimately got the part were required to participate in a four-week cheerleading camp. Taking it even a step further, director Peyton Reed and editor Larry Bock watched cheerleading films from the 1970s.
Did this authenticity carry through to viewers of the film? Do you have any other favorite Bring It On quotes and lines to add? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below!