These Bridesmaids quotes will show you just why this film is so popular and relatable.
Chances are if you have been a bride, bridesmaid, or wedding dress shop employee, you have seen this movie.
Bridesmaids was a raunchy tale about weddings, friendships, relationships, and the antiquated idea that we have to have a group of women dressed in matching dresses in order to have a wedding. The movie first premiered in 2011 and had an incredible cast of female talent.
Kristen Wiig, who plays the role of Annie, also helped write the film. Maya Rudolph (Lillian), Melissa McCarthy (Megan), Ellie Kemper (Becca), and Rebel Wilson (Brynn) all have some incredibly funny lines.
You will laugh so hard at some of these Bridesmaids quotes from Annie, Lillian, Megan, Becca, and Brynn as they navigate their friendships and wedding drama. There are also a few gems from the supporting cast that were too funny to pass up!
Keep reading for more Bridesmaids quotes and to find out just why this movie is so popular and relatable.
Don’t forget to also check out these funny bridesmaid quotes to celebrate sisterhood.
Bridesmaids quotes from Megan (the most inappropriate of the group)
1. “This is some classy sh-… [burp] I want to apologize. I’m not even confident on which end that came out of.” ― Megan, Bridesmaids
2. “I met a dolphin down there, and I swear to God that dolphin looked into my soul. Into my soul Annie, and said I’m saving you.” ― Megan, Bridesmaids
3. “Hey not Air Marshall John, wanna go back in that Restroom and not rest.” ― Megan, Bridesmaids
4. “I don’t associate with people who blame the world for their problems. You are your problem. You are also your solution.” ― Megan, Bridesmaids
5. “Female fight club. We grease up, we pull in. Lillian doesn’t know so it’s ‘Surprise, we’re going to fight!’ We beat the shit out of her.” ― Megan, Bridesmaids
6. “That dress is so pretty, it makes my stomach hurt.” ― Megan, Bridesmaids
7. “I took nine. I took nine. Yeah. I did slightly overcommit to the whole dog thing. It turns out I’m probably more comfortable with six.” ― Megan, Bridesmaids
8. “I’m life, Annie, and I’m biting you in the ass!” [bites Annie’s ass] ― Megan, Bridesmaids
9. “You know what I find interesting about that, Annie? It’s interesting to me that you have absolutely no friends. Do you know why that’s interesting? Here’s a friend standing directly in front of you, trying to talk to you, and you choose to talk about having no friends.” ― Megan, Bridesmaids
10. “I put a, uh, a loaded gun in Dougie’s carry-on. TSA is gonna… just rip his ass apart.” ― Megan, Bridesmaids
Bridesmaids quotes from the slightly bitter Annie
11. “In good times, in bad times, I’ll be on your side forever mooooore. That’s what friends are fooor!!!” ― Annie, Bridesmaids
12. Annie: Whatever you say ‘Stove’.
Flight Attendant Steve: It’s Steve.
13. “What kind of a name is ‘Stove’ anyway? What’re you a kitchen appliance or something?” ― Annie, Bridesmaids
14. “You don’t know who you’re sleeping next to. It is scary. I mean, look at him. ” ― Annie, Bridesmaids
15. “Mom! I keep telling you, you’re not supposed to go to those things.” ― Annie, Bridesmaids
16. “It’s just, it’s the first time I’ve ever seen you look ugly. It makes me kinda happy.” ― Annie, Bridesmaids
17. “I feel like her life is going off and getting perfect, and mine is just like…” ― Annie, Bridesmaids
18. “I don’t have any friends.” ― Annie, Bridesmaids
19. “I’m telling you, hitting bottom is a good thing. Because there’s nowhere to go but up.” ― Annie, Bridesmaids
20. “I am in my 30’s, I have 40,000 dollars in debt, I live with a weirdo…” ― Annie, Bridesmaids
Funny and Sweet Bridesmaids quotes from Becca and Brynn
21. “You smell like pine needles, and have a face like sunshine!” ― Becca, Bridesmaids
22. “We went on a sweetheart honeymoon. Disney World.” ― Becca, Bridesmaids
23. “I’m Becca. This is my husband. You don’t have a husband. Sorry.” ― Becca, Bridesmaids
24. “What about a Pixar themed shower? And we all come dressed as our favorite Pixar character?” ― Becca, Bridesmaids
25. “You’re prettier than Cinderella!” ― Becca, Bridesmaids
26. “We would like to invite you to no longer live with us.” ― Brynn, Bridesmaids
27. “At first I did not know it was your diary, I thought it was a very sad handwritten book.” ― Brynn, Bridesmaids
28. “I got a free tattoo. I could not believe it. The guy said, ‘Do you want a tattoo?’, opened up the side of his van…” ― Brynn, Bridesmaids
29. [describing her free tattoo] “It’s a Mexican drinking worm. It’s like a Native American symbol meaning wasted.” ― Brynn, Bridesmaids
Bridesmaids quotes about weddings and relationships
30. “I’m getting married. And you’ll be my maid of honor?” ― Lillian, Bridesmaids
31. “I got engaged.” ― Lillian, Bridesmaids
32. “You know anyone who wants to marry my brother is a profound idiot.” ― Megan, Bridesmaids
33. “I’m glad he’s single because I’m going to climb that like a tree.” ― Megan, Bridesmaids
34. “I’m not with anybody. I’m here so-lo.” ― Annie, Bridesmaids
35. “He was sweet and nice and cute, so naturally I ran as fast as I could.” ― Annie, Bridesmaids
36. “I love hanging out with you. I think we get along really well.” ― Annie, Bridesmaids
37. “I don’t know. I mean it’s fine. I just feel like, he’s kind of been distant lately and, I don’t know. He calls me dude a lot.” ― Lillian, Bridesmaids
39. “Running a wedding should be fun! If I ever had a wedding, I’d want everybody to be stress-free.” ― Rhodes, Bridesmaids
Some of the most memorable or relatable Bridesmaids quotes
40. “Excuse me, um, could I have a glass of alcohol when you get a chance?” ― Becca, Bridesmaids
40. “I just took a s*** in the middle of the street. I just s***.” ― Lillian, Bridesmaids
41. “Help me, I’m poor.” ― Annie, Bridesmaids
42. “Look away! What did we eat?! The sink’s a goner! It’s comin’ outta me like lava!” ― Megan, Bridesmaids
43. “Why can’t you be happy for me, and then go home and talk about me behind my back like a normal person?” ― Lillian, Bridesmaids
44. “I feel bad for your parents.” ― Annie, Bridesmaids
45. “It’s a good tub. I slept there for my 30th birthday.” ― Annie, Bridesmaids
46. “You cannot trust anybody, ever.” ― Annie, Bridesmaids
47.“Oh, my god. I just got hurt. Yeah, my pits are sweating. My stomach hurts. Oh, my god!” ― Annie, Bridesmaids
48. “Sorry, Rodney! We’re on a budget!” ― Lillian, Bridesmaids
49. “You are not telling me something.” ― Lillian, Bridesmaids
50. “I’m ready to PAAAAAAAAARTY!” ― Annie, Bridesmaids
Which of these Bridesmaids quotes is your favorite?
There are so many Bridesmaids quotes that people can relate to. One of my favorites is “Help me, I’m poor!” If you have ever tried to plan a wedding, I am sure you can relate. The entire process is so expensive!
As a former bridal shop manager, I heard some variations of this multiple times a day. It can get disheartening to see how much money these women feel it is necessary to spend to prove they love their soon-to-be spouse or are close to their friends.
Of course, there is nothing wrong with having a big fancy wedding if you want one and can afford it. If you are the bride though, try and remember there might be a few “Annie’s” in your group of friends that are struggling to match your budget.
Then there is the hilarious scene where they all get food poisoning and Lillian literally poops in the street. Most of us have had some kind of bowel emergency in an incredibly awkward spot. The movie is filled with relatable moments!
What do you think is the biggest takeaway from the film? What is your favorite Bridesmaids quotes and sayings? Let us know in the comment section below.