If you’re a sci-fi fan, you’ll enjoy these Altered Carbon quotes.
The Altered Carbon is a neo-cyberpunk TV series on Netflix based on a 2002 Novel by Richard K. Morgan.
The story is set in the futuristic earth where consciousness is transferred to different bodies, essentially continuing life over and over, which is the equivalent of immortality.
The film centered around Takeshi Kovacs, a former soldier, brought to life through consciousness transfer to solve the murder of the world’s wealthiest man.
This show was filled with action and adventure with a mix of mystery which kept the audience on the edge of their seats each episode.
These Altered Carbon quotes will make you wish Netflix did not cancel this show.
Don’t forget to also check out these Runaways quotes for Marvel fans.
Altered Carbon quotes by Takeshi Kovacs
1. “Time is the greatest of all warriors. What it doesn’t destroy, it alters beyond recognition.” — Takeshi Kovacs
2. “A man who never loves gives no hostage to fortune.” — Takeshi Kovacs
3. “What we believe shapes who we are. Belief can bring us salvation or destruction. But when you believe a lie for too long, the truth doesn’t set you free. It tears you apart.” — Takeshi Kovacs
4. “Technology advances, but humans don’t. We’re smart monkeys, and what we want is always the same. Food, shelter, sex, and in all its forms, escape.” — Takeshi Kovacs
5. “Peace is an illusion. And no matter how tranquil the world seems, peace doesn’t last long. Peace is a struggle against our very nature. A skin we stretch over the bone, muscle, and sinew of our own innate savagery.” — Takeshi Kovacs
6. “When everyone lies, telling the truth isn’t just rebellion. It’s an act of revolution. So think carefully when you speak it, because the truth is a weapon.” — Takeshi Kovacs
7. “The danger of living too many times: you forget to fear death.” — Takeshi Kovacs
8. “We’re all broken. There’s nothing more human than that.” — Takeshi Kovacs
9. “We tell ourselves this is progress. Selling each other the fruits of our destruction.” — Takeshi Kovacs
10. “Some people just need killing.” — Takeshi Kovacs
11. “Humanity has spread to the stars. We set out like ancient seafarers to explore the limitless ocean of space. But no matter how far we venture into the unknown, the worst monsters are those we bring with us.” — Takeshi Kovacs
12. “Death isn’t only about the destruction of the body. Sometimes, just like that, you extinguish oneself and another is born. But every birth is violent and there’s no death without pain.” — Takeshi Kovacs
13. “When the victors rewrite history, it’s just another kind of war, waged after the battlefield killing is done, to murder the memory of the defeated.” — Takeshi Kovacs
14. “Sometimes, belief isn’t about what we can see. It’s about what we can’t.” — Takeshi Kovacs
15. “War is the only thing we really understand.” — Takeshi Kovacs
16. “There’s nowhere you can go that I won’t be with you.” — Takeshi Kovacs
17. “There aren’t any people like me. Not anymore.” — Takeshi Kovacs
18. “The moments of peace that we find sometimes, they aren’t anything but warfare, thinly disguised. And sometimes, surrender can be as savage as any attack.” — Takeshi Kovacs
19. “The instinct of violence curls inside us like a parasite, waiting for a chance to feed on our rage and multiply until it bursts out of us.” — Takeshi Kovacs
20. “Technology has conquered death, but with endless future comes endless past.” — Takeshi Kovacs
21. “Stay alive long enough, and there’s nowhere you can go that isn’t haunted.” — Takeshi Kovacs
22. “I’m gonna need access that you don’t wanna give, and I’m gonna find answers that you may only think you want.” — Takeshi Kovacs
Altered Carbon quotes by Quellcrist Falconer
23. “Without death we can’t know what a life is worth.” — Quellcrist Falconer
24. “This sleeve is a tool. It does not control me. I control it. This is the weakness of weapons. They are tools to kill and destroy. They are not what gives you power. You are the weapon. You are the killer and destroyer.” — Quellcrist Falconer
25. “The best place to hide something from someone is the first place they look. If it’s obvious, no one looks close.” — Quellcrist Falconer
26. “At its heart, violence is almost always, in one way or another, personal.” — Quellcrist Falconer
27. “None of us gets what we deserve.” — Quellcrist Falconer
28. “Rage at injustice is universal. The ability to strike back is not.” — Quellcrist Falconer
29. “We aren’t meant to live forever. It corrupts even the best of us.” — Quellcrist Falconer
30. “Focus on what you care about most in this world, with every atom of your existence. Rip yourself open, and you can rip a hole in the virtual world. That is how you get back to the real.” — Quellcrist Falconer
31. “You have to beat the player, not the game. There are some things you can’t kill your way out of.” — Quellcrist Falconer
32. “We are more than the sum of our intentions.” — Quellcrist Falconer
Altered Carbon quotes by Poe
33. “It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hellscape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” — Poe
34. “It is not our enemies that defeat us. It is our fear. Do not be afraid of the monsters, Miss Elizabeth. Make them afraid of you.” — Poe
35. “Not all damage is corrupted code.” — Poe
Altered Carbon quotes by Dig 301
36. “They say hope begins in the dark. That faith is the bird that feels light when the sky is still dim. But with every tomorrow we carry our past. It echoes beneath our feet. There are no clean slates.” — Dig 301
37. “Second chances are earned in the choices we make, in what we choose to forget, and in what we forgive. With each choice we make, we are led somewhere new.” — Dig 301
Altered Carbon quotes by Reileen Kawahara
38. “This is real power. Cutting away the things that make you weak one at a time.” — Reileen Kawahara
39. “When you’ve lived long enough, you’ll get it. There are no rules. We do what we want.” — Reileen Kawahara
40. “Everyone’s guilty of something. It’s just a matter of degree.” — Reileen Kawahara
Altered Carbon quotes by Laurens Bancroft
41. “Power is a matter of influence.” — Laurens Bancroft
42. “Oh, Mr. Kovacs, haven’t you heard? God is dead. We have taken his place.” — Laurens Bancroft
Altered Carbon quotes by Ivan Carrera
43. “If you kick a dog, it’ll crawl back, lick your foot, begging for forgiveness. Kick a wolf, and he’ll rip your face off.” — Ivan Carrera
44. “There is no greater danger than underestimating your enemy.” — Ivan Carrera
45. “Can’t risk soldiers becoming heroes. Heroes have a way of becoming kings.” — Ivan Carrera
46. “You don’t need to know my name once you know what I’ve done. What I’m capable of.” — Ivan Carrera
Altered Carbon quotes by Mister Leung
47. “A pawn in the army of the righteous can be more powerful than a king who is without faith.” — Mister Leung
48. “If we do not know our role in this world, why are we in it?” — Mister Leung
Altered Carbon quotes by other characters
49. “Power isn’t something you earn, it’s something you take.” — Danica Harlan
50. “The truth often lies beneath the skin.” — Tanaseda Hideki
Which of these Altered Carbon quotes is your favorite?
Altered Carbon perfectly captured the sci-fi element of transferring the human consciousness, which has always been a topic of debate and research in the scientific community.
After all, it feels like brain implants that can alter or load memories, information and skills are not too far ahead.
If you want an action-packed series that will also keep your mind busy with all the science tech and futuristic ideas, then Altered Carbon will keep you entertained for two full seasons.
And while you are at it, try to research biotech developments today and share this Altered Carbon quotes and sayings with your friends.