Enjoy reading these Alien quotes from the science-fiction film franchise.
Alien is a science-fiction horror/action media franchise centered on the film series which depicts warrant officer Ellen Ripley, played by Sigourney Weaver. This role helped launch Sigourney Weaver’s Hollywood career.
The story chronicles her battles with an extraterrestrial life-form, the Xenomorph, which is commonly referred to as “the Alien.” The first of the eight movies in the series premiered in 1979. There are Alien quotes from some of our favorite characters, including Ellen Ripley on this list, pulled from most of the movies in the series.
Alien was produced and distributed by 20th Century Studios and directed by Ridley Scott. Next came Aliens in 1986 and was directed by James Cameron. The next two movies were released in the 90s, with Alien 3 (1992) being directed by David Fincher.
Jean-Pierre Jeunet directed Alien Resurrection in 1997. If you are wondering which order to watch the movies in, or where you can stream the series, then keep reading!
Don’t forget to also check out these Men in Black quotes from the Sci-Fi comedy series.
Alien quotes from Ellen Ripley
1. “That’s plenty. What does it mean?” ― Ellen Ripley, Alien
2. Ellen Ripley: You also forgot the science division basic quarantine law.
Ash: No, that I didn’t forget. Alien
3. “Ash. When Dallas and Kane are off the ship, I’m senior officer.” ― Ellen Ripley, Alien
4. “That’s a pretty big risk for a science officer. It’s, uh, not exactly out of the manual, is it?” ― Ellen Ripley, Alien
5. “Final report of the commercial starship Nostromo, third officer reporting. The other members of the crew, Kane, Lambert, Parker, Brett, Ash, and Captain Dallas, are dead. Cargo and ship destroyed.” ― Ellen Ripley, Alien
6. “This is Ripley, last survivor of the Nostromo, signing off.” ― Ellen Ripley, Alien
7. “I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure.” ― Ellen Ripley, Aliens
8. “We’d better get back ’cause it’ll be dark soon, and they mostly come at night… mostly.” ― Ellen Ripley, Aliens
9. “You know, Burke, I don’t know which species is worse.” ― Ellen Ripley, Aliens
10. “They cut the power.” ― Ellen Ripley, Aliens
11. “Well, someone’s gonna have to go down there, take a portable transmitter, and patch in.” ― Ellen Ripley, Aliens
Alien quotes from Private Hudson, Ash, and Corporal Dwayne Hicks
12. “Maybe I should have left him outside. Maybe I’ve jeopardized the rest of us, but it was a risk I was willing to take.” ― Ash, Alien
13. “Bring back life form. Priority one. All other priorities rescinded.” ― Ash, Alien
14. “Well, as I said, I’m still… collating, actually, but uh, I have confirmed that he’s got an outer layer of protein polysaccharides. Has a funny habit of shedding his cells and replacing them with polarized silicon, which gives him a prolonged resistance to adverse environmental conditions. Is that enough?” ― Ash, Alien
15. “That’s it man, game over man, game over!” ― Private William Hudson, Aliens
16. “What do you mean ‘THEY cut the power?’ How could they cut the power, man? They’re animals!” ― Private William Hudson, Aliens
17. Private William Hudson: Man, this floor’s freezing.
Sergeant Apone: What do you want me to do, fetch your slippers for you?
Private William Hudson: Gee, would you, sir? I’d like that.
Sergeant Apone: Look into my eye. Aliens
18. “We’re on an express elevator to hell—going down!” ― Private William Hudson, Aliens
19. Private William Hudson: Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?
Private Jenette Vasquez: No, have you?” Aliens
20. Private William Hudson: Yeah, sure, with those things running around? You can count me out.
Corporal Dwayne Hicks: Well, I guess we can count you out of everything then. Aliens
21. Private William Hudson: Is this going to be a standup fight, sir, or another bug hunt?
Lieutenant Scott Gorman: All we know is that there is still is no contact with the colony and that a Xenomorph may be involved.
Private Ricco Frost: Excuse me, sir, a what?
Lieutenant Scott Gorman: A xenomorph.
Corporal Dwayne Hicks: It’s a bug hunt. Aliens
Alien 3 quotes
22. “We’re all gonna’ die. The only question is how you check out. Do you want it on your feet, or on your f***in’ knees… begging.” ― Dillon, Alien3
23. “When they first about heard of this thing, it was ‘Crew Expendable’; the next time they sent in marines, they were expendable too. What makes you think they are going to care about a group of criminals who found God at the end of the universe?” ― Ellen Ripley, Alien3
24. “You’ve been in my life so long, I can’t remember anything else.” ― Ellen Ripley, Alien3
25. “I’m telling you, it’s here!” ― Ellen Ripley, Alien3
26. “We commit this child and this man to your keeping, O’ Lord. Their bodies have been taken from the shadow of far nights. They have been released from all darkness and pain. The child and the man have gone beyond our world.” ― Harry Andrews, Alien3
27. “Look, it’s in everybody’s best interest the woman doesn’t come out of the infirmary until the rescue team arrives. And certainly not without an escort, right?” ― Harry Andrews, Alien3
28. “This is rumor control, here are the facts.” ― Harry Andrews, Alien3
29. “Ripley, time is important. Let us deal with the malignancy. We’ve got a surgical base set up on the rescue ship. Come with me.” ― Michael Bishop, Alien3
30. “Ripley, think of all we can learn from it! It’s the chance of a lifetime! You must let me have it!” ― Michael Bishop, Alien3
31. “At least I got off the morphine.” ― Clemens, Alien3
Alien Resurrection quotes
32. “My mommy always said there were no monsters. No real ones. But there are.” ― Newt, Alien Resurrection
33. Larry Purvis: Who are you?
Ellen Ripley: I’m the monster’s mother. Alien Resurrection
34. Ellen Ripley: Does it grow?
Dr. Gediman: Yeah. Very rapidly.
Ellen Ripley: It’s a Queen.
Dr. Gediman: How did you know that?
Ellen Ripley: She’ll breed. You’ll die. Everyone in the company will die.
35. Ron Johner: So, I hear you, like, ran into these things before?
Ellen Ripley: Yeah.
Ron Johner: What did you do?
Ellen Ripley: I died.
36. “There’s a monster in your chest… It’s a really nasty one. And in a few hours, it’s gonna burst through your ribcage, and you’re gonna die. Any questions?” ― Ellen Ripley, Alien Resurrection
37. Larry Purvis: God, I’m so tired.
Ron Johner: Sleep when you die, man. Alien Resurrection
38. Ellen Ripley died trying to wipe this species out. For all intents and purposes, she succeeded! I’m not anxious to see her taking up her old hobbies!” ― General Peraz, Alien Resurrection
39. “You know I can’t lay off the tall ones!” ― Ron Johner, Alien Resurrection
40. “I can feel it behind my eyes. I can hear it moving.” ― Ellen Ripley, Alien Resurrection
Alien quotes from Prometheus (2012) and Alien: Covenant (2017)
41. “There is nothing in the desert and no man needs nothing.” ― David, Prometheus
42. “The trick, William Potter, is not minding that it hurts.” ― David, Prometheus
43. “My name is Elisabeth Shaw, last survivor of the Prometheus… And I am still searching.” ― Elizabeth, Prometheus
44. “Sometimes to create, one must first destroy.” ― David, Prometheus
45. Elizabeth Shaw: Wait, we don’t know what’s on the other side.
David: Whoops, sorry.
46. [speaking to Walter before he reaches for his knife] “It’s your choice now, brother. Them or me. Serve in heaven… or reign in hell. Which is it to be?” ― David, Alien: Covenant
47. “When one note is off, it eventually destroys the whole symphony, David.” ― Walter, Alien: Covenant
48. “Don’t let the bedbugs bite. I’ll tuck in the children.” ― David, Alien: Covenant
49. [from earlier transmission] “This is colony ship Covenant, reporting. All crew members apart from Daniels and Tennessee tragically perished in a solar flare incident. All colonists in hyper-sleep remain intact and undisturbed. On course for Origae-6. Hopefully, this transmission will reach the network, and be relayed in 1.36 years. This is Walter, signing off. Security code, 31564-F.” ― Walter, Alien: Covenant
50. “I think if we are kind, it will be a kind world.” ― Walter, Alien: Covenant
Which of these Alien quotes is your favorite?
You should watch the Alien movies in this order:
- Alien Vs Predator
- Alien Vs Predator-Requiem
- Prometheus (which takes place 90 years after the events of AVP and AVPR)
- Alien: Covenant (takes place about a decade after Prometheus)
- Alien (is set in 2122)
- Aliens (takes place decades after Alien)
- Alien 3
- Alien Resurrection (takes place hundreds of years after the end of Alien 3)
Ridley Scott reprised his role as director in the prequel series, composed of Prometheus (2012) and Alien: Covenant (2017). These films follow the adventures of the David 8 android and the creators of the eponymous creatures referred to as the “Engineers.” The only problem with watching the films in the story’s order is that the visual effects will be killer in AVP and AVPR, and not so great when you get to Alien.
The series spawned novels, comics, video games, and even a television series. The series has been incredibly profitable with Prometheus alone pulling in a lifetime gross of over $126 million.
What is your favorite thing about Alien? Do you have any other Alien quotes and sayings to add? Use the comment section below to let us know.