Relive some of the greatest music with these song quotes.
Music means a lot to people. Songwriters use their talent to communicate messages that are important to them, experiences that they’ve had in their lives and life lessons.
And then there are those of us who enjoy listening to the songs and finding inspiration, motivation, support and so many other emotions from the words.
But not all songs are meant to teach deep life lessons. Some are purely just meant to be enjoyed.
2021 brought some big hits from names that have been around for decades and some that are newer on the music scene.
Don’t forget to also read these great BTS quotes and lyrics from the platinum-selling South Korean boy band.
Song quotes from some of the greatest music
1. “You’re stuck in my head and I can’t get you out of it.” — Selena Gomez, “Back To You”
2. “I promise that you’ll never find another like me.” – “ME!” Taylor Swift feat. Brendon Urie
3. “You like my hair? / Gee, thanks, just bought it.” – “7 Rings” Ariana Grande
4. “You are the best thing, that’s ever been mine.” — Taylor Swift, “Mine”
5. “I’m looking right at the other half of me.” — Justin Timberlake, “Mirrors”
6. “Yeah birds need bees and ice needs whiskey / Boys like me need girls like you to kiss me / Fishin’ in the dark needs nitty gritty / Under that pale moon / Sweet tea needs that sugar stirrin’ / Small town nights need both ends burnin’ / Shades need drawin’, hearts need fallin’ / Boots need knockin’, knockin’ boots” – “Knockin’ Boots”, Luke Bryan
7. “I’ma need some whiskey glasses / ‘Cause I don’t wanna see the truth / She’s probably making out on the couch right now / With someone new / Yeah, I’ma need some whiskey glasses / If I’m gonna make it through / If I’ma be single / I’ma need a double shot of that heartbreak proof / And see the world through whiskey glasses” – “Whiskey Glasses”, Morgan Wallen
8. “Right outside of this one church town / There’s a gold dirt road to a whole lot of nothin’ / Got a deed to the land, but it ain’t my ground / This is God’s country” – “God’s Country”, Blake Shelton
9. “If I bring you home to mama / I guess I’d better warn ya / She falls in love a little faster than I do / And my dad will check your tires / Pour you whiskey over ice and / Take you fishing but pretend that he don’t like you / Oh, if we break up, I’ll be fine / But you’ll be breaking more hearts than mine” – “More Hearts Than Mine”, Ingrid Andress
10. “Long-neck ice-cold beer never broke my heart / Like diamond rings and football teams have torn this boy apart / Like a neon dream, it just dawned on me, that bars and this guitar / And long-neck ice-cold beer never broke my heart” – “Beer Never Broke My Heart”, Luke Combs
Contemporary R&B song quotes
11. “Sometimes, I want you close / Sometimes, I want my space /Just know I’m gonna call if I need you / It’s not my job to please you, no” – “Simmer”, Mahalia featuring Burna Boy
Pop and more music song quotes
12. “And I’m out at a party, they’re playin’ our song / I cry on the dance floor, it’s so embarrassing / Don’t send me photos, you’re makin’ it worse / Cause you’re so hot, it’s hurtin’ my feelings” – “So Hot You’re Hurting My Feelings”, Caroline Polachek
13. What do you want from me? / Why don’t you run from me? / What are you wondering? / What do you know? – “Bury a friend” Billie Eilish
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Billie Eilish quotes from the singing sensation.
14. “You can hold my hand / When you need to let go / I can be your mountain / When you’re feeling valley-low /I can be your streetlight / Showing you the way home/ You can hold my hand / When you need to let go” – “Crowded Table”, The Highwomen
15. “Yeah, I’m gonna take my horse to the old town road / I’m gonna ride ’til I can’t no more / I’m gonna take my horse to the old town road / I’m gonna ride ’til I can’t no more” – “Old Town Road”, Lil Nas X
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of Lil Nas X quotes that will make your day.
16. “Beautiful, crazy, she can’t help but amaze me / The way that she dances, ain’t afraid to take chances / And wears her heart on her sleeve / Yeah, she’s crazy but her crazy’s beautiful to me” – “Beautiful Crazy”, Luke Combs
17. “You drive me crazy, I just can’t sleep. I’m so excited, I’m in too deep.” — Britney Spears, “(You Drive Me) Crazy”
18. “And here I go again, I’m drinkin’ one, I’m drinkin’ two / I got my heartache medication, a strong dedication / To gettin’ over you, turnin’ me loose / On that hardwood jukebox lost in neon time / My heartache medication, well, it suits me fine / And I’m drinkin’ enough to take you off my mind / I got my heartache medication” – “Heartache Medication”, Jon Pardi
19. “I thought I’d miss you (when it ended) / I thought it hurt me (but it didn’t) / I thought I’d miss you / I thought I’d miss you / But I miss me more / I miss my own beat, to my own snare drum / I miss me more / Miss my own sheets in the bed I made up / I forgot I had dreams, I forgot I had wings / Forgot who I was before I ever kissed you / Yeah, I thought I’d miss you / But I miss me more (I miss me more)” – “Miss Me More”, Kelsea Ballerini
20. “I’ll do anything to get to the rush / Now I’m dancing, and I’m dancing too much / So be careful if you’re wanting this touch / ‘Cause if I love you, then I love you too much” – “Too Much”, Carly Rae Jepsen
If you’re enjoying these quotes, check out our dance quotes to inspire you to get your body moving.
21. “Did the heartbreak change me? Maybe / But look at where I ended up / I”m all good already / So moved on, it’s scary / I’m not where you left me at all” – “Don’t Start Now”, Dua Lipa
22. “It ain’t my fault that I’m out here gettin’ loose / Gotta blame it on the Goose / Gotta blame it on my juice, baby / It ain’t my fault that I’m out here makin’ news / I’m the pudding in the proof / Gotta blame it on my juice” – “Juice”, Lizzo
23. “I’m still looking for my own version of America / One without the gun, where the flag can freely fly / No bombs in the sky, only fireworks when you and I collide / It’s just a dream I had in mind” – “Looking For America,” Lana Del Rey
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Lana Del Rey quotes that give a glimpse of who she is on a more personal level.
24. “Oh no, how did I manage to lose me? / I am not this desperate, not this crazy / There’s no way I’m stickin’ ’round to find out / I won’t lose like that, I won’t lose myself” – “How Do You Sleep?,” Sam Smith
25. “I know you hear me when I cry / try to hold it in at night / While you’re sleeping next to me / But it’s your arms that I need this time” – “Ghostin” Ariana Grande
26. “If you feel insignificant, you better think again / Better wake up because you’re part of something way bigger / You’re part of something way bigger” – “Bigger”, Beyoncé
Hip hop song quotes
27. “Yeah, I’m in my bag, but I’m in his too / And that’s why every time you see me, I got some new shoes” – “Cash Shit,” Megan thee Stallion featuring Da Baby
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Megan Thee Stallion quotes to inspire your hot girl.
28. “Summertime is meant to fall in love / I could fall asleep and stare in your eyes / We’ll dance all night” – “Summertime in Paris,” Jaden and Willow Smith
29. “Cause you make my earth quake / Oh, you make my earth quake / Riding around, your love be shakin me up / And it’s making my heart break” – “Earfquake” Tyler, the Creator feat. Playboi Carti
30. “Your heart is all I own. And in your eyes you’re holding mine.” — Ed Sheeran, “Perfect”
31. “We’ve got that love, the crazy kind. / I am his and he is mine, in the end it’s him and I.” — G-Eazy and Halsey, “Him & I”
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Halsey quotes to motivate you to be yourself.
More song quotes to fuel your soul
32. “The story of life is quicker than the wink of an eye, the story of love is hello and goodbye…until we meet again”― Jimi Hendrix
33. “I’m just a man, not a hero. just a boy, who wants to sing this song.”― Gerard Way
34. “We all shine on…like the moon and the stars and the sun…we all shine on…come on and on and on…”― John Lennon
35. “Cause whatever you love can be taken away, so live like it’s your dying day.” – Machine Gun Kelly
36. “You have every right to a beautiful life.”― Selena Gomez
37. “You don’t know, oh, oh
You don’t know you’re beautiful.”― One Direction
38. “Never become so involved with something that it blinds you.
Never forget where you from; someone will remind you.” – DMX, “It’s On
39. “Lose your dream, you lose your mind.”― The Rolling Stones
40. “The purpose of life is a life with a purpose. So I’d rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless.” – Immortal Technique
41. “I wear my crown, show it off, go on, girl.” —Kelly Rowland, “Crown”
42. “Tell ’em that it’s my birthday!” — Selena Gomez, ‘Birthday’
43. “Running after you is like chasing the clouds.” – Harry Styles
44. “Let’s love like there are no goodbyes.” – Dua Lipa
45. “When writing the story of your life, don’t let anyone else hold the pen.” – Drake
You might also like these Nipsey Hussle quotes that will elevate your mind.
Cherish the old and get ready for the new
As you take time to read over song lyrics from the hits of 2019, don’t forget that it can be fun to look back over music from your past as well.
Music can easily connect us with lots of pleasant memories. And it can be a fun way to relive good experiences that you’ve had.
While you’re taking time to enjoy the music, get ready to experience all that 2020 has to offer as well.
Don’t be afraid to try listening to different genres of music to see if you are connecting with the lyrics of new music as it comes out.
Did you enjoy these song quotes and lyrics? Which of the quotes is your favorite? Tell us in the comment section below. We would love to hear all about it.