These Dark quotes are especially great to kick-start your day and get your mind thinking.
Dark is a German sci-fi thriller streaming on Netflix. It follows the story of different characters of the fictional town of Widen as they search for the truth and solve the mysteries surrounding various cases of murders and disappearance that haunt the lives of the citizens of Winden.
This series involves exciting themes in sci-fi movies such as the existential implications of time, and its impact on human nature.
The story starts with the mysterious disappearance of children living in the town, which brings out the intriguing dark past of various families living in the town. Enjoy these Dark quotes!
Don’t forget to also check out these Mad Max quotes from the post-apocalyptic action franchise.
Dark quotes from Noah
1. “But every now and then it’s good to question those who question things.” — Noah
2. “Most people are nothing but pawns on a chessboard led by an unknown hand.” — Noah
3. “We are all full of sin. No pure human being exists. But no matter what we do, we never fall any lower than into God’s hands.” — Noah
4. “Fear is the worst enemy of progress.” — Noah
5. “Your pain defines who you are but it no longer holds power on you.” — Noah
6. “There’s nothing but chaos out there.” — Noah
7. “Life is nothing but a spiral of pain.” — Noah
8. “God doesn’t have a plan. There is no plan at all. There’s nothing but chaos out there. Pain… and chaos! People are bad. Malicious, evil.” — Noah
9. “There was this sadness in his eyes. The kind you sometimes see in those who want to die, but life won’t let them.” — Noah
10. “The world is doomed to be destroyed.” — Noah
Dark quotes from The Stranger
11. “We trust that time is linear. That it proceeds eternally, uniformly. Into infinity. But the distinction between past, present and future is nothing but an illusion. Yesterday, today and tomorrow are not consecutive, they are connected in a never-ending circle. Everything is connected.” — The Stranger
12. “We’re not free in what we do, because we’re not free in what we want. We can’t overcome what’s deep within us.” — The Stranger
13. “If I now change my past, I will change who I am right now.” — The Stranger
14. “ In the end, we will all get just what we deserve.” — The Stranger
15. “ If I now change my past, I will change who I am right now.” — The Stranger
16. “Yesterday, today and tomorrow are not consecutive, they are connected in a never-ending circle. Everything is connected.” — The Stranger
Dark quotes from Mikkel Nielsen
17. “There is no such thing as magic, just illusion.” — Mikkel Nielsen
18. “Things only change when we change them. But you have to do it skillfully, in secret. Then it seems like magic.” — Mikkel Nielsen
19. “Good and evil are a question of perspective.” — Mikkel Nielsen
Dark quotes from H.G.Tannhaus
20. “Our thinking is shaped by dualism. Entrance, exit. Black, white. Good, evil. Everything appears as opposite pairs. But that’s wrong.” — H.G. Tannhaus
21. “Black holes are considered to be the hellmouths of the universe. Those who fall inside disappear. Forever. But where to? What lies behind a black hole? Along with things, do space and time also vanish there? Or would space and time be tied together and be part of an endless cycle? What if everything that came from the past were influenced by the future?” — H.G. Tannhaus
22. “Why do we decide for one thing and against another? But does it matter whether the decision is based upon the consequence of a series of causal links? Or that instead it stems from an undefined feeling inside me? Perhaps everything in my life boils down to this one moment. That I’m part of this puzzle. One that I can neither understand nor influence.” — H.G. Tannhaus
23. “There are things out there that our little minds will never comprehend.” — H.G. Tannhaus
24. “If our life is defined as everything between birth and death it exists there at infinitum.” — H.G. Tannhaus
Dark quotes from Adam
25. “No matter how much we fight it we are connected by our blood. We can feel estranged from our families and not understand what they do. And still, in the end we will do anything for them.” — Adam
26. “A man lives three lives. The first one ends with the loss of naivety, the second with the loss of innocence and the third… with the loss of life itself. It’s inevitable that we go through all three stages.” — Adam
27. “Only when we’ve freed ourselves of emotion can we be truly free. Only when you’re willing to sacrifice what you hold dearest.” — Adam
28. “To live is a gift, for those who know how to use it.” — Adam
29. “What we know is a drop, what we don’t know is an ocean.” — Adam
30. . “No matter what motivates our will, it guides us on our path.” — Adam
31. “No resistance, no obstacle is great enough to stop the human will in its tracks.” — Adam
32. “Every pain tends us to act, forms our will.” — Adam
Which of these Dark quotes is your favorite?
As the story unfolds you will find yourself in a mind-boggling series that will stimulate your imagination and curiosity each episode you watch.
The concept of time travel and parallel universe will keep you hooked as the story unravels the mystery of the town of Winden.
The great narrative and genius writing of this series makes it one of the most exciting series on Netflix. It challenges the audience to keep their eyes, ears and mind open to fully enjoy each episode.
The theory of wormholes and parallel universes is often discussed in our present time and it is always interesting to have series tackle this concept.
If you loved reading these Dark quotes and sayings, share them with someone who also loves sci-fi films.