Here are some of the best Bloodline quotes from the Netflix series.
Bloodline is a series that had originally aired at a film festival before having three complete seasons run on Netflix.
It’s a dark drama that covers the drama and dark secrets of the Rayburn family. As the first season continues to build the secrets start to unravel.
The first season follows Danny who is the black sheep of the family. However, the show eventually explains what happened in the family’s history that led to him being an outcast from the family causing him to go down the wrong path.
You’ll get more of a taste for the show in the following Bloodline quotes.
Don’t forget to also check out these Godless quotes from the Netflix series.
Bloodline quotes by John Rayburn
1. “Sometimes you know something’s coming. You feel it in the air. In your gut. You don’t sleep at night. The voice in your head’s telling you that something is gonna go terribly wrong. And there’s nothing you can do to stop it. That’s how I felt when my brother came home.” — John Rayburn
2. “I didn’t know why he decided to come back. I didn’t know then what he’s running from. None of us did. I just knew he was always getting into trouble. And I was always coming to his rescue. Trying to save him from himself. But this time I didn’t know whether I’d be able to save him.”— John Rayburn
3. “I always thought the greatest thing that happened to me was being born a Rayburn. Now I’m not so sure. I’m gonna tell you everything. It’s not very pleasant. But it’s the truth. What we did to our brother we had to do. Please don’t judge us. We’re not bad people. But we did a bad thing.” — John Rayburn
4. “My sister is a good person. She takes care of people. She wants everyone to be happy. But when our brother came home, that was impossible. There was no way for her to make everyone happy.” — John Rayburn
5. “You never think these things will happen to you. Some terrible thing happens to the family down the street, and you think, “thank God we’re not them. Thank God we’re not that family.” And then one day you wake up, and you *are* them. And you can never look at yourself the same way again.” — John Rayburn
6. “I think you get plenty of women. I think you have no problem getting women. But I think there’s a big difference between quality and quantity.” — John Rayburn
7. “Danny turned us into that family you don’t want to be. He made a mistake. He made a big mistake. Now we’re all paying for it.” — John Rayburn
8. “I’m almost at the end of the story now. And then I put my fate in your hands.” — John Rayburn
Bloodline quotes by Danny Rayburn
9. “I don’t care about you. You don’t mean anything to me. And if I mean something to you, you mean less than nothing to me.” — Danny Rayburn
10. “Your life’s not always gonna be this perfect. Things happen to people. And then you’ll need me. And then you’ll know.” — Danny Rayburn
11. “You look just like that little boy that John and me used to spend so much time ignoring.” — Danny Rayburn
12. “You always took dad’s side. You never protected me. I never felt safe in this house. And now, none of you are safe in this house.” — Danny Rayburn
13. “Yeah, don’t worry about it. You can’t hurt this guy, he’s made of Rayburn.” — Danny Rayburn
14. “Do you know what killed her? The necklace. That’s all it was. Dropped it in the sea, and went in after it. Little seahorse.” — Danny Rayburn
15. “You know something, Kevin, if you hated me half as much as you hate yourself, you’d have used it.” — Danny Rayburn
16. “No, baby. I’m not threatening you. I am not threatening you. I could fucking threaten you. I could do the big-brother thing. Bully around the little sister. It’s never been our relationship, though, has it? I’ve always looked out for you. Even when we were little kids, I felt sorry for you because Dad hated me, but at least I got his attention.” — Danny Rayburn
Bloodline quotes by Sally Rayburn
17. “When you really have no choice, you run away.” — Sally Rayburn
18. “You have finally lived up to your father’s expectations, Danny.” — Sally Rayburn
Bloodline quotes from other characters
19. “When something’s lost, something else is gained.” — Chelsea O’Bannon
20. “Did you know if you scramble the letters of your name, it spells Zodiac Ram? And you’re an Aries.” — Meg Rayburn
21. “Well, I guess she didn’t want her legacy being another fuckin’ yacht club. Or maybe she didn’t feel great about putting me out of business, I don’t know.” — Kevin Rayburn
Bloodline quotes from memorable conversations within the show
22. Danny Rayburn: “Hey, how bad a thing are we doing here?”
Eric O’Bannon: “Don’t worry, bro. You ain’t Capone.”
23. “Well, if it isn’t the lesser of two evils. Haven’t you learned to stay away from your brother?” — Chelsea O’Bannon
24. Danny Rayburn: “You’re looking good, Chels.”
Chelsea O’Bannon: “Only by comparison. Because you look like shit.”
25. Sally Rayburn: “Well, you’ve got a group of six. Father and son and two sets of newlyweds.”
Danny Rayburn: “They’ll be divorced by the time I’m through.”
26. Robert Rayburn: “You’re right my love.”
Sally Rayburn: “That’s nice to know. About what?”
27. Danny Rayburn: “You supposed to be drinking?”
Robert Rayburn: “I’m supposed to be dead.”
28. Nicholas Widmark: “You’re a piece of shit, Rayburn.”
Kevin Rayburn: “I can’t help it if your mom likes me better than you.”
29. Chelsea O’Bannon: “Are you keeping secrets from me?”
Danny Rayburn: “Oh, baby, I got a million of them. A million of them.”
30. Meg Rayburn: “This ends now.”
Danny Rayburn: “Okay. What are we talking about?”
31. Danny Rayburn: “I just gotta chill my family out.”
Chelsea O’Bannon: “No you don’t. You just need to forget them.”
32. John Rayburn: “When is this going to end?”
Danny Rayburn: “It doesn’t end for me, John, why should it end for you?”
Which of these Bloodline quotes is your favorite?
The series ended up running for only three seasons. At the end of the first season, Danny is murdered by his brother. The family then works to cover up his death but the drama continues to unfold.
The first season was well-received by fans and critics. Some even compared it to the popular series Breaking Bad.
However, the final two seasons received mixed reviews. Everyone seemed favorable in their reviews of the cast but they felt it wasn’t enough to carry the show along any further.
If you’ve never watched the series before, you may be able to get a taste of it from the Bloodline quotes and lines above.
Let us know in the comment section below which quote is your favorite?