Life isn’t the same without that special person there by your side, and these romantic couple quotes will reignite your passion for your significant other.
Whether you’re experiencing a high or a low with your person, these “I love you” quotes about couples will make you feel a deep and undying love for that person that fills your heart with love.
Love and affection are two things that mean very different things to each of us. As a couple, it is important to know what your partner’s needs and views of these are, as well as to express your own thoughts and feelings to have your needs met.
Most importantly, it is essential to always make an effort to express and inspire love and affection towards each other as a couple, as this is what keeps the love alive, and keeps the two of you emotionally intimate.
Below you’ll find our collection of inspirational, cute, and romantic couple quotes, couple sayings, and couple proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Heartfelt Romantic Couple Quotes for Him and Her
1. “You can talk with someone for years, every day, and still, it won’t mean as much as what you can have when you sit in front of someone, not saying a word, yet you feel that person with your heart, you feel like you have known the person for forever…. connections are made with the heart, not the tongue.” ― C. JoyBell C.
2. “I wasn’t actually in love, but I felt a sort of tender curiosity.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby
3. “Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are god. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are gods.” ― Christopher Hitchens, The Portable Atheist: Essential Readings for the Nonbeliever
4. “We all know him to be a proud, unpleasant sort of man; but this would be nothing if you really liked him.” ― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
5. “I had not intended to love him; the reader knows I had wrought hard to extirpate from my soul the germs of love there detected; and now, at the first renewed view of him, they spontaneously revived, great and strong! He made me love him without looking at me.” ― Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre
6. “I knew you’d kiss me.”
“How?” I say. Because I didn’t know myself.
“Because I am in pain,” He says. “That’s the only way I get your attention.” ― Suzanne Collins, Mockingjay
7. “We cultivate love when we allow our most vulnerable and powerful selves to be deeply seen and known, and when we honor the spiritual connection that grows from that offering with trust, respect, kindness and affection.
Love is not something we give or get; it is something that we nurture and grow, a connection that can only be cultivated between two people when it exists within each one of them – we can only love others as much as we love ourselves.
Shame, blame, disrespect, betrayal, and the withholding of affection damage the roots from which love grows. Love can only survive these injuries if they are acknowledged, healed and rare.”
― Brené Brown, The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are
8. “You know the reason The Beatles made it so big?…’I Wanna Hold Your Hand.’ First single. Fucking brilliant. Perhaps the most fucking brilliant song ever written. Because they nailed it. That’s what everyone wants. Not 24/7 hot wet sex. Not a marriage that lasts a hundred years. Not a Porsche…or a million-dollar crib.
No. They wanna hold your hand. They have such a feeling that they can’t hide. Every single successful song of the past fifty years can be traced back to ‘I Wanna Hold Your Hand.’ And every single successful love story has those unbearable and unbearably exciting moments of hand-holding.”
― David Levithan, Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Beatles quotes that reach for a better world.
9. “We were not a hugging people. In terms of emotional comfort it was our belief that no amount of physical contact could match the healing powers of a well-made cocktail.” ― David Sedaris, Naked
10. “I like the scientific spirit—the holding off, the being sure but not too sure, the willingness to surrender ideas when the evidence is against them: this is ultimately fine—it always keeps the way beyond open—always gives life, thought, affection, the whole man, a chance to try over again after a mistake—after a wrong guess.” ― Walt Whitman, Walt Whitman’s Camden Conversations
Inspirational Romantic Couple Quotes About Love and Respect
11. “Oh, Lizzy! Do anything rather than marry without affection.” ― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
12. “He wasn’t the type for displays of affection, either verbal or not. He was disgusted by couples that made out in the hallways between classes, and got annoyed at even the slightest sappy moments in movies. But I knew he cared about me: he just conveyed it more subtly, as concise with expressing this emotion as he was with everything else.
It was in the way he’d put his hand on the small of my back, for instance, or how he’d smile at me when I said something that surprised him. Once I might have wanted more, but I’d come around to his way of thinking in the time we’d been together.
And we were together, all the time. So he didn’t have to prove how he felt about me. Like so much else, I should just know.”
― Sarah Dessen, The Truth About Forever
13. “There are three possible parts to a date, of which at least two must be offered: entertainment, food, and affection. It is customary to begin a series of dates with a great deal of entertainment, a moderate amount of food, and the merest suggestion of affection.
As the amount of affection increases, the entertainment can be reduced proportionately. When the affection IS the entertainment, we no longer call it dating. Under no circumstances can the food be omitted.”
― Judith Martin
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of dating quotes about modern day romance.
14. “We are not people who touch each other carelessly; every point of contact between us feels important, a rush of energy and relief.” ― Veronica Roth, Allegiant
15. “If equal affection cannot be,
Let the more loving one be me.” ― W.H. Auden
16. “Love is made up of three unconditional properties in equal measure:
Remove any one of the three and the triangle falls apart.
Which, by the way, is something highly inadvisable. Think about it — do you really want to live in a world of only two dimensions?
So, for the love of a triangle, please keep love whole.”
― Vera Nazarian, The Perpetual Calendar of Inspiration
17. “Had I been in love, I could not have been more wretchedly blind. But vanity, not love, has been my folly.” ― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
18. “True friends are those who came into your life, saw the most negative part of you, but are not ready to leave you, no matter how contagious you are to them.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson, The Infinity Sign
19. “First love is only a little foolishness and a lot of curiosity.” ― George Bernard Shaw
20. “I wonder if you know yet that you’ll leave me. That you are a child playing with matches and I have a paper body. You will meet a girl with a softer voice and stronger arms and she will not have violent secrets or an affection for red wine or eyes that never stay dry.
You will fall into her bed and I’ll go back to spending Friday nights with boys who never learn my last name. ”
― Clementine von Radics
Also, check out these flirting quotes that will spice up your love life?
Inspirational Romantic Couple Quotes From Poets and Authors
21. “I have been used to consider poetry as “the food of love” said Darcy.
“Of a fine, stout, healthy love it may. Everything nourishes what is
strong already. But if it be only a slight, thin sort of inclination, I
am convinced that one good sonnet will starve it entirely away.”
― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
22. “There is nothing like wounded affection for giving poignancy to anger.” ― Elizabeth Gaskell, Wives and Daughters
23. “I touch her cheek to slow the kiss down, holding her mouth on mine so I can feel every place where our lips touch and every place where they pull away. I savor the air we share in the second afterwards and the slip of her nose across mine. I think of something to say, but it is too intimate, so I swallow it. A moment later I decide I don’t care.
“I wish we were alone,” I say as I back out of the cell.
She smiles. “I almost always wish that.” ― Veronica Roth, Allegiant
24. “Laughter is more than just a pleasurable activity…When people laugh together, they tend to talk and touch more and to make eye contact more frequently.”
― Gretchen Rubin, The Happiness Project: Or Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun
Cute Couple Quotes About Love and Respect
25. “I’m telling you this for one reason and one reason only: No matter how sure you are of someone’s love, it’s always nice to hear it.” ― Mike Gayle, Turning Thirty
26. “Oh, I love hugging. I wish I was an octopus so I could hug 10 people at a time!” ― Drew Barrymore
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of good morning texts for her to help your loved one wake up feeling appreciated.
27. “Love — not dim and blind but so far-seeing that it can glimpse around corners, around bends and twists and illusion; instead of overlooking faults love sees through them to the secret inside.” ― Vera Nazarian, Salt of the Air
28. “It is a severe cruelty inflicted upon women…that we should be the ones who so desperately need love…affection…acceptance.And yet, we suffer…many of us, for lack of it throughout our entire lives.”-Shackles of Honor” ― Marcia Lynn McClure
29. “The very condition of having Friends is that we should want something else besides Friends. Where the truthful answer to the question “Do you see the same truth?” would be “I see nothing and I don’t care about the truth; I only want a Friend,” no Friendship can arise – though Affection of course may.
There would be nothing for the Friendship to be about; and Friendship must be about something, even if it were only an enthusiasm for dominoes or white mice. Those who have nothing can share nothing; those who are going nowhere can have no fellow-travellers.” ― C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
If you’re a guy reading this, don’t forget to also check out these cute girlfriend quotes to share with her.
Inspirational Couple Quotes About Looking For Love
30. “Most women go through life looking for love, and looking for someone to treat them like a queen. For some women finding real love seems to be something that will never happen. I believe that finding love is not as hard as people make it seem. The reason that some women can’t find real love is because they look for more than just real love.
A lot of women know what they need in a relationship, and thats for a man to love that woman with all of his heart, and to treat her real good. Most women have guys in their life or guys that try to get with them that could really love them and treat them real good. Those are usually the guys that get forced into that friend zone or rejected upfront.
See those guys could give them what they need, but not what they want. “Wants” can be anything from a woman wanting a man to have certain materialistic things, or she could want him to look a certain way, those are a few examples of the things that some of them want, but they vary depending on the female. What some females don’t understand is that none of the things that they want has anything with love or how that person will treat you.
You could find a man that looks perfect, has a house and car, he can be a college graduate with a good job, and you could still end up being with a person that doesn’t truly love you, and will treat you like shit. What I am trying to say is that the person who could treat you good and really love you could already be in your life, but you could have been blinded by the things you want in a man so you overlooked the person that you were really looking for. And by the way there are men that do the same thing; I just wanted to be clear on that.”
― Taisen Deshimaru
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of love quotes for her to help you express your feelings.
31. “[L]asting love is something a person has to decide to experience. Lifelong monogamous devotion is just not natural—not for women even, and emphatically not for men. It requires what, for lack of a better term, we can call an act of will. . . . This isn’t to say that a young man can’t hope to be seized by love. . . . But whether the sheer fury of a man’s feelings accurately gauges their likely endurance is another question.
The ardor will surely fade, sooner or later, and the marriage will then live or die on respect, practical compatibility, simple affection, and (these days, especially) determination. With the help of these things, something worthy of the label ‘love’ can last until death.
But it will be a different kind of love from the kind that began the marriage. Will it be a richer love, a deeper love, a more spiritual love? Opinions vary. But it’s certainly a more impressive love.” ― Robert Wright, The Moral Animal: Why We Are the Way We Are: The New Science of Evolutionary Psychology
32. “People who throw kisses are hopelessly lazy.” ― Bob Hope
33. “It’s true that nothing in this world makes us so necessary to others as the affection we have for them.” ― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, The Sorrows of Young Werther
34. “I’ve come to think that flourishing consists of putting yourself in situations in which you lose self-consciousness and become fused with other people, experiences, or tasks. It happens sometimes when you are lost in a hard challenge, or when an artist or a craftsman becomes one with the brush or the tool.
It happens sometimes while you’re playing sports, or listening to music or lost in a story, or to some people when they feel enveloped by God’s love. And it happens most when we connect with other people. I’ve come to think that happiness isn’t really produced by conscious accomplishments.
Happiness is a measure of how thickly the unconscious parts of our minds are intertwined with other people and with activities. Happiness is determined by how much information and affection flows through us covertly every day and year.”― David Brooks
35. “It was a lesson most people learned much earlier; that even friendship could have an undisclosed shelf life. That loyalty and affection, so consuming and powerful, could dissipate like fog.” ― Jennifer Haigh, The Condition
36. “When I heard about these lessons, I thought they would be a dreadful waste of my time. I pictured two very silly girls uninterested in any sort of instruction.
But that describes neither Miss Gray nor yourself. I should tell you, I used to train younger Shadowhunters in Madrid. And there were quite a few of them who didn’t have the same native ability that you do. You’re a talented student, and it is my pleasure to teach you.”
Sophie felt herself flush scarlet. “You cannot be serious.”
37. “I am. I was pleasantly surprised the first time I came here and again so the next time and the next. I found that I was looking forward to it. In fact, it would be fair to say that since my return home, I have hated everything in London except these hours with you.” ― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Prince
You might also like these love quotes for him to help you make your man feel special.
Inspirational Romantic Quotes To Uplift Your Spirits
38. “I have found it is surprisingly difficult to remain sad when a cat is doing its level best to sandpaper one’s cheeks.” ― R.L. LaFevers, Theodosia and the Last Pharaoh
39. “Intelligence and education that hasn’t been tempered by human affection isn’t worth a damn.” ― Daniel Keyes
40. “If the guy likes/loves you, he won’t care if you are a good kisser or not. He should like you for what you are – not how you kiss.” ― Meg Cabot, Princess in Love
41. “My lovers suffocate me! Crowding my lips, and thick in the pores of my skin, Jostling me through streets and public halls…coming naked to me at night, Crying by day Ahoy from the rocks of the river…swinging and chirping over my head, Calling my name from flowerbeds or vines or tangled underbrush, Or while I swim in the bath….or drink from the pump on the corner….or the curtain is down at the opera…..or I glimpse at a woman’s face in the railroad car; Lighting on every moment of my life, Bussing my body with soft and balsamic busses, Noiselessly passing handfuls out of their hearts and giving them to be mine” ― Walt Whitman
42. “[I]t is not by being richer or more powerful that a man becomes better; one is a matter of fortune, the other of virtue. Nor should she deem herself other than venal who weds a rich man rather than a poor, and desires more things in her husband (see quotes for your husband) than himself. Assuredly, whomsoever this concupiscence leads into marriage deserves payment rather than affection.” ― Héloïse d’Argenteuil, The Letters of Abélard and Héloïse
43. “A true friend doesn’t have guts; they beat you up and later plead with you to beat them back.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson
44. “I am not sure if women are attracted to genius. Can you imagine the wise wizard winning the woman over the gallant swordsman? It seems rather otherworldly in more ways than one.” ― Criss Jami, Killosophy
45. “Then stay with me a little longer,’ Madame Olenska said in a low tone, just touching his knee with her plumed fan. It was the lightest touch, but it thrilled him like a caress.” ― Edith Wharton, The Age of Innocence
46. “Outwardly, other than her hair, she had not changed much. She was still more or less the same cool, aloof woman who garnered more respect than affection. On the inside, however, it had been impossible to return to the person she used to be.” ― Sherry Thomas, Not Quite a Husband
47. “The more attention you give to your loved ones, the less affection you receive from them.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson
48. “Only as we mature does affection begin to depend on achievement.” ― Alain de Botton, Status Anxiety
The Best Romantic Couple Quotes from the Heart
49. “Unknowingly, he prepared me to survive the rest of my days with the way he shielded himself from emotional vulnerabilities that slowly destroy the rest of us.” ― Crystal Woods, Write like no one is reading
50. “Joy, like love, is an impenetrable, God-given state of being. The distinctions between joy and happiness and love and affection are important ones under the notion that happiness is an ‘iffy’ emotion, a highly dependent feeling both aroused and destroyed by external conditions apart from God. And the distinction between love and affection is parallel to such.” ― Criss Jami, Killosophy
51. “A light rain touches my cheek like an angel’s butterfly kisses.” ― Amanda Mosher, Better To Be Able To Love Than To Be Loveable
Make sure to also check out these good morning quotes for him that’ll set the perfect tone for his day.
52. “A concrete love is a mass of emotion formed into a compound mixture of affection, care, desire and expectation.” ― Munia Khan
53. “. . . and I imagine that, though cold and haughty in her general demeanor, and even exacting in her requirements, she has strong affections for those who can reach them . . .” ― Anne Brontë, Agnes Grey
54. “What’s more, I was free to do anything that did not hurt others that strengthened me and helped me in the one thing that we are all put on this earth to do: help one another – because it is the only thing that, in the long run, gives us pleasure, as receiving love and friendship and affection is the only thing that gives us joy and ameliorates the dread of our inevitable extinction.” ― Samuel R. Delany, Through the Valley of the Nest of Spiders
55. “The day drags along, you make thousands of plans, you imagine every possible conversation, you promise to change your behavior in certain ways–and you feel more and more anxious until your loved one arrives.
But by then, you don’t know what to say. The hours of waiting have been transformed into tension, the tension has become fear, and the fear makes you embarrassed about showing affection.” ― Paulo Coelho, By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept
56. “Conversion is not the smooth, easy-going process some men seem to think… It is wounding work, this breaking of the hearts, but without wounding there is no saving… Where there is grafting there will always be a cutting, the graft must be let in with a wound; to stick it onto the outside or to tie it on with a string would be of no use. Heart must be set to heart and back to back or there will be no sap from root to branch. And this, I say, must be done by a wound, by a cut.” ― John Bunyan
57. “Giovanni had awakened an itch, had released a gnaw in me. I realized it one afternoon, when I was taking him to work via the Boulevard Montparnasse. We had bought a kilo of cherries and we were eating them as we walked along.
We were both insufferably childish and high-spirited that afternoon and the spectacle we presented, two grown men jostling each other on the wide sidewalk and aiming the cherry pits, as though they were spitballs, into each other’s faces, must have been outrageous.
And I realized that such childishness was fantastic at my age and the happiness out of which it sprang yet more so; for that moment I really loved Giovanni, who had never seemed more beautiful than he was that afternoon.” ― James Baldwin, Giovanni’s Room
You might also like these magical falling in love quotes that prove just how incredible it is to find your special someone.
Best Couple Quotes About Deep Love & Relationships
58. “Needs cause motivation. Deep-rooted desires for esteem, affection, belonging, achievement, self-actualization, power, and control motivate us to push for what we want and need in our lives.” ― Lorii Myers, Make It Happen, A Healthy, Competitive Approach to Achieving Personal Success
59. “I hope you read this, whoever you are, and imagine that there is a hypothetical person out there who needs your love, has been waiting silently, patiently for it all his life, is flawed and downright ugly at times and yet would have just eaten up any tiny bit of affection you had been willing to give, had you ever stopped your own happy life to notice.
And then imagine that this hypothetical person is real, because he probably is…. Wish I’d met you. Wish I wasn’t your hypothetical. But you’re reading this, which means a few minutes ago, I went into that bathroom and pulled the trigger.
You probably heard it. Sorry. You’re welcome. Thank you. And please. Please, please, please, please, please, please, please.”― Charles Yu, Sorry Please Thank You: Stories
60. “Alessandra approached the geniuses of the past to give them life with her attention, which was the form her affection took: paying attention.” ― Carlos Fuentes, Todas las familias felices
61. “But it is doubtless true, and evident from [the] Scriptures, that the essence of all true religion lies in holy love; and that in this divine affection, and an habitual disposition to it, and that light which is the foundation of it, and those things which are the fruits of it, consists the whole of religion.” ― Jonathan Edwards, The Religious Affections
62. “Conviction affects all substances in the vicinity.” ― Toba Beta, Master of Stupidity
Romantic Couple Quotes About Deep Love & Relationships
63. “But yet it is evident that religion consists so much in affection, as that without holy affection there is no true religion; and no light in the understanding is good which does not produce holy affection in the heart: no habit or principle in the heart is good which has no such exercise; and no external fruit is good which does not proceed from such exercises.” ― Jonathan Edwards, The Religious Affections
64. “Have you heard the love story
of the blue Cloud and Sea?
They were always together as one
until separated by the yellow Sun.
Cloud drifted into the sky slowly.
Sea cried until she became salty.
Cloud grew big enough to block Sun
but nothing could be done.
Sea became enraged and drowned everyone
but still nothing could be done.
Cloud’s heart ached and he became grey,
watching his beloved from far away.
He was too proud and tried to stop his tears
but they fell and fell for what felt like years.
Losing himself drop by drop, he became empty
and was once again reunited with his beloved Sea.”
― Kamand Kojouri
65. “Never allow your short term temperament to affect your long term decisions.” ― Moutasem Algharati
66. “Interest in temperament as an individual difference dimension of importance in one’s behavior leads to reanalysis of both theoretical and methodological considerations relating to the construct.” ― Moutasem Algharati
Heartfelt Romantic Couple Quotes for Him and Her
67. “Divines are generally agreed that sin radically and fundamentally consists in what is negative, or privative, having its root and foundation in a privation or want of holiness.
And therefore undoubtedly, if it be so that sin does very much consist in hardness of heart, and so in the want of pious affections of heart, holiness does consist very much in those pious affections.” ― Jonathan Edwards, The Religious Affections
68. “How is it
that everything must
begin and end with you?
There you are,
perfuming the world with your scent.
Have you made a deal
with the moon so that you can linger
even when she tapers off?
And what about the wind?
Even when he has been scolded
and is sitting in a corner, there you are,
my calm before the storm.
Despite the inevitable destruction
and my ruin, there you are again,
my calm after the storm.
I really must know:
‘How is it
that there was never you
until there was
and then all was you?”
― Kamand Kojouri
69. “Over-thinking, a devouring monster,
entice, only the inky reflections;
there’s a pleasure you come by,
from this anomalous encounter;
kills your desire, for human affection.”
― Kashish Gurung
70. “Ever since she was a young girl, [Patricia Highsmith] had felt an extraordinary empathy for animals, particularly cats. The creatures, she said, ‘provide something for writers that humans cannot: companionship that makes no demands or intrusions, that is as restful and ever-changing as a tranquil sea that barely moves’. Her affection for cats was ‘a constant as was feline companionship wherever her domestic situation permitted,’ says Kingsley.
‘As for animals in general, she saw them as individual personalities often better behaved, and endowed with more dignity and honesty than humans. Cruelty to or neglect of any helpless living creature could turn her incandescent with rage.’ Janice Robertson remembers how […] Highsmith was walking through the streets of Soho when she saw a wounded pigeon lying in the gutter.
‘Pat decided there and then that this pigeon should be rescued,’ says Janice. ‘Although I think Roland persuaded her that it was past saving, she really was distraught. She couldn’t bear to see animals hurt.’ Bruno Sager, Highsmith’s carer at the end of her life, recalls the delicacy with which the writer would take hold of a spider which had crawled into the house, making sure to deposit it safely in her garden.
‘For her human beings were strange – she thought she would never understand them – and perhaps that is why she liked cats and snails so much,’ he says.” ― Andrew Wilson, Patricia Highsmith, Ζωή στο σκοτάδι
71. “…Mom equated money with affection…but I never cared about the money. I just wanted her to be healthy.” ― J.D. Vance, Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis
72. “I’ve written you sixty-seven love poems.
Here’s another one for you.
But really, for me.
These poems are the candles that I light
with the fire you have ignited in me.
I place this candle here and another there
so even if the stars have argued with the moon
and are sulking away in a corner,
you can still find your way to me.
Sixty-eight poems now. What
does the future hold for us?
Joy? Disappointment? Gentle caresses? And subtle neglect?
I hope the good is more than the bad. Much more.
For what is the point of love
if by lighting these candles
our own flame loses its brightness?
I know the good is more than the bad.
I cannot wait to write you sixty-nine.”
― Kamand Kojouri
If you’re enjoying this article, you might also like these love quotes for your husband to make him feel appreciated.
More Romantic Couple Quotes for You
73. “It is the passion that is in a kiss that gives to it its sweetness; it is the affection in a kiss that sanctifies it” ― Christian Nestell Bovee, Intuitions and Summaries of Thought
74. “What is the point of a relationship if not to grant two people the very private privilege to uplift one another every day? To illuminate the qualities in each other that are diamonds of shimmering beauty. To appreciate wholeheartedly. To accept unconditionally.
And to love eternally, even in moments of dislike. I’m not here to grant you the extraordinary love you never had for yourself. I’m here, on my own accord, to love you. So that when you stare into my mirror eyes, you may see how extraordinary you are.” ― Kamand Kojouri
75. “Like a pair of old slippers,
I feel comfort and
warmth as I slip into you.
No, that is too crude.
Like the match to the wick,
I ignite when we touch.
My counterpart and
Yes, as though I’ve known you my whole life.
has become an affirmation
of what should be:
Yes, as though I’ve loved you my whole life.”
― Kamand Kojouri
76. “You think that you’ve moved on.
That you’re happier
and now that you think about it —
you’re quite glad
that it didn’t work out
because you are free
You’re so happy.
And it’s better this way.
let me tell you my reasons,”
you say. “Let me explain
what I mean.”
After hours of telling
your neighbour and
and the girl on the bus,
“So, you see? I’m happier now.”
You tell the brokenhearted
and assure them
it’s for the best,
“So you see? It was meant to be.”
But my dear,
your ego is the bullet
left in the wound.
It’s this ego
that needs to explain itself
and justify the battle.
A true warrior
would be too busy
fighting to live.”
― Kamand Kojouri
77. “A girlfriend is called a CRUSH of a boy because after marriage, that woman is only going to crush to make juice of that man.” ― Anuj Somany
78. “What is this love
that makes me see beauty,
and makes every beautiful thing
bring you back to me?
What is this love
that makes me declare ‘I love you’
even though I uttered it
only a moment ago?
What is this love
that keeps growing even when my chest is sore
and it hurts to love you any more?
How am I to find what this love is
when it was the one to find you, me,
this verse, and this universe?”
― Kamand Kojouri
79. “Passion lingers on a state of bliss
Love loves you more when you kiss”
― Munia Khan
80. “We wait too long to tell the people we love that they are the very reason that we exist. We assume that our wife, child, other family members, and friends understand our love and affection. We assume that people we care about understand our enigmatic idiosyncrasies and willingly accept the shrouded reasons behind our demonstrable oddities.
We assume that other people sense that we struggle valiantly in our blackened landscape. We presume that other people comprehend our struggle to glean meaning amongst the ashes spewed from the absurd circumstances that we operate.
Sometimes we need to stop and tell the tender-hearted persons whom we care about that we love them, and explain that our awkward strangeness is not a rejection of them.” ― Kilroy J. Oldster, Dead Toad Scrolls
81. “Love is something far more than desire for sexual intercourse; it is the principal means of escape from the loneliness which afflicts most men and women throughout the greater part of their lives.
There is a deep-seated fear, in most people, of the cold world and the possible cruelty of the herd; there is a longing for affection, which is often concealed by roughness, boorishness or a bullying manner in men, and by nagging and scolding in women.
Passionate mutual love while it lasts puts an end to this feeling; it breaks down the hard walls of the ego, producing a new being composed of two in one.” ― Bertrand Russell, Marriage and Morals
82. “Women are sensitive and keeper of feelings. That is why you find people saying women are emotional. How you treat women depends on what you want them to keep for you. But no matter what you do, never make a women shed a tear because of you.
The day you make a woman cry, it’s the day your world falls apart and everything in your life will start to go wrong. Because women are nature, and when nature fights back, it always wins and does more damage than us humans can do.” ― De philosopher DJ Kyos
83. “In the Mars-and-Venus-gendered universe, men want power and women want emotional attachment and connection. On this planet nobody really has the opportunity to know love since it is power and not love that is the order of the day.
The privilege of power is at the heart of patriarchal thinking. Girls and boys, men and women who have been taught this way almost always believe love is not important, or if it is, it is never as important as being powerful, dominant, in control, on top-being right.
Women who give seemingly selfless adoration and care to the men in their lives appear to be obsessed with ‘love,’ but in actuality their actions are often a covert way to hold power. Like their male counterparts, they enter relationships speaking the words of love even as their actions indicate that maintaining power and control is their primary agenda.” ― Bell Hooks, All About Love: New Visions
84. “Woe to the heart that has not loved in youth!” ― Ivan Turgenev, Home of the Gentry
85. “People are of two types of breed. One who is known for their good deeds & such folks’ need is very high as they care; other who is known for their greed & such persons grow like weed everywhere.” ― Anuj Somany
86. “Actually there is good love. But good love its not for long. When you give out good love.Its noticeable at the beginning, after a while the person whom you are giving it too. Get used to it and it ends up not being good love any more but normal action or gestures.
Before you say someone doesn’t love you anymore, the way they used to love you. First find out if you are not used to love they give you.Someone might be dying everyday of their lives to please you,but you will be seeing the opposite because you used to the love they give you.” ― De philosopher DJ Kyos
87. “To lovers out there…The problem about other people is they are using a human template.They will never know you.You will be good or perfect. You will never be right or decent. Is because there is template they have in their minds that they want to apply it to you. Everytime they meet someone new they refer to that template.
The template is not updated and out dated. They have made their templates from their previous relationship. Its either from someone who was to bad to them. Someone who has hurt them, Someone who has cost them pain.
Or someone who played them, someone who loved them, Someone who cared so much that they lost. So they don’t want you but want you to be the person they have in their minds. One activity that you will do that will match the template of a bad person.
They already judge you wrong. One right activity you will do from the template of the good person . They will think you are the right person.” ― De philosopher DJ Kyos
88. “It’s never easy to do right things or to do things right. Being a good person its a difficult thing ever in the world than any job out there. Because of the things and people you have to put up with. but never stop being good. We do good so that we can feel good.
Continue doing good and good things will come to you. You will be one of the best people in the world, because now good people are getting extinct everyday. It’s all because of social networks. They make people shine than to care and share what they have with others.” ― De philosopher DJ Kyos
89. “To lovers out there….Work is important. Money is important. But most important thing in the world should be your partner. Never be in a relationship with an “I don’t care attitude“. Spend time with the person you love. You find people been dating for 10 years but they dont know each other.
Don’t spend time with your lover because you need money for shopping or you need him to do something for you. Don’t spend time with your lover because you want to get some. But spend time so that you can understand them and know them better.
The only way to love better is to know what you are loving or who you are loving. You will never please the person you love if you don’t know what they like or who they are. You would never know who they are or what they like.
If you haven’t spend time with them, make time for your lover. Even in your busy schedule. Never love a stranger for 10 years. Or never be a stranger in your relationship.” ― De philosopher DJ Kyos
90. “Encountering the sweet mystery of first love is life-altering.” – Kilroy J. Oldster
Other beautiful couple quotes
91. “Romantic love morphs into a loving and eternal relationship if we understand what is love; why passion is such a sweet word.” – Balroop Singh
92. “Romantic love has its place but to define a relationship solely in romantic terms is like describing marriage only by what a couple does on their honeymoon.” – Dermot Davis
93. “I always have many roads to travel, but I take the one which leads to you.” – Amit Kalantri
94. “There is nothing more beautiful than a vulnerable heart in open hands.” – Amanda Mosher
95. “Because with the right person, sometimes kissing feels like healing.” – Lisa McMann
Romantic couple quotes to appreciate your partner
96. “I saw that you were perfect, and so I loved you. Then I saw that you were not perfect and I loved you even more.” — Angelita Lim
97. “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” — Dr. Seuss
98. “Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” — Robert A. Heinlein
99. “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.” — Audrey Hepburn
100. “If I had a flower for every time I thought of you… I could walk through my garden forever.” — Alfred Tennyson
101. “Take my hand, take my whole life too. For I can’t help falling in love with you.” — Elvis Presley
102. “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.” — A. A. Milne
103. “You are the finest, loveliest, tenderest, and most beautiful person I have ever known and even that is an understatement.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
104. “If I know what love is, it is because of you.” — Hermann Hesse
105. “In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine.” — Maya Angelou
Did you like these romantic couple quotes?
Did you enjoy these beautiful couple quotes? Which ones will you share with your loved one? Tell us in the comments section!